My Pixar Renders

well I have tried 3ds max and maya, but I’ll usually do something in the middle of a tutorial like hit a toggle and turn off an axis or something stupid like that and get frustrated because things don’t work like I’m used to. but yeah, but if I really tried like I did when I first started out I should be able to learn in a short time. I just gotta unlearn some basic things and grow some patience for it. the biggest problem I have with high end programs is how much more cluttered their interfaces are. they also rely too heavily on keyboard shortcuts I find.

I often wonder what they were thinking when they designed them like they did. the way I’m used to usually seems a lot more efficient.

but they must have their reasons, if other people don’t seem to have issues with it. I’ll try again one of these days.

thanks again for the comments guys. I’ll keep at it.

Absolutely loving your latest render, Kyle! The colours are just so spot-on. And I agree with Hannahmation, that the Luxo lamp looks just the right size. The shadow effects are cool, too.

Wow, it gets better and better every time ! :smiley:

Started on the doors. (the closet door on the left there is backwards, I’ll fix that later, its just a placeholder anyway)

Dude! Holy cow! It looks too good! Talk about a jaw-dropper! It looks like it came right out of the movie.

Wow! Nice job!

I agree! That was freakin’ awesome! I’m learning Maya as part of my course and I can tell you, it’s a real Pain in the Neck! I really need to practice learning to use the interface. I also want to learn how to use 3ds Max and all the other software packages, but seeing as how I’m already struggling with the basic one, I don’t see how I could do that in the near future.
Great job! Love the attention to detail. I’d like to see you try a little more dynamic lighting, like how the room would like in the evening or night (although most of Toy Story is set in the day with bright sunlight streaming through just like in your renders).

Yeah, I can mess with the lights more once I get my windows done. right now instead of a sun I just have lights where my real windows will be. there’s no hole in the wall yet for the light to stream in through. even behind the door is just solid wall, heh. when I do make my holes in the wall, and add some blinds I can do a nice sun set. and of course night time too maybe with the lamps on. should be pretty cool looking.

later I’ll be able to open the door too, so we can see into the hallway. I doubt I’ll model the stair way though, because then I’ll want to model the whole downstairs. haha

Go for it…i bet it would look great…

Nice job once again ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow! It looks amazing! :smiley:

Oh my goodness! It’s Andy’s room to a T! How are you able to do that so perfectly?

I watch a lot of the movie, framing through looking for any detail I might need for reference. and there’s a plenty of reference material in the dvds, such as camera flybys to let me get a good view of the room.

Starting to flesh out the windows (just one for now actually, but they’ll all be the same)

still not committing to cutting a hole because I’m not sure where I want it to be just yet. after doing this, I get the feeling I might have to redo the siding, as it sticks a bit too far out from the wall. ugghh. they’ll be kinda annoying to do again for sure.

Impressive renders man! Keep it up, its incredible.

Hey all, been a while. minor update. getting the moon shaped hole is harder than you might think.

And before someone points it out, I know some of the posts are off center, I’ll get on that.

Kyle Those renders are Superb! They are great, they remind and look the exact duplicate of those featured in Toy Story!

Simply WOW!

Keep Up The Good Work

As always, nice work Kyle! You have a great attention to detail with this project! I’ve been enjoying seeing your progress. :smiley:

Really impressive!!! Keep it up! :smiley:

Talk about detail. THis looks absolutely amazing. It looks like it came right from the movie.

Added a much needed handle.