Musical Instruments!

I play guitar. I enjoy playing lead guitar, but struggle a bit with rhythm guitar.

After my grandma died a couple months ago, and I got her electronic keyboard. So now I have that in my room, and our actual piano downstairs. I plan to relearn how to play.

I sorta self-taught myself how to play on our old out-of-tune piano. Coincidentally, however, we just sold it last week. :-\

The only one I ever learned hoe to play was the recorder. I use to fool arond with the piano at my grandparents house but they don’t have it anymore.

I play around a bit with Piano too.

You good at it Pixarmilan?

I’m not sure. I like Improvising, so alot of time some of it is good, while some isn’t. I sometimes do try and play songs.

me. my brothers, and cousins also used the piano to do plays for are parents and grandparents.

I learned to play the piano at the music school. I’m good at it, but only if I have sheet music - I can’t improvise. I also self-taught myself to play the guitar. My friends say I’m pretty good at it, but I know it’s really far from “good”.

I’m bad at the piano but I do it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m starting to improve a lot with piano. I have a wonderful teacher. Now if only I could get help with my violin.

I only knew like three songs on the piano.

I was going to take a piano class this semester, but I heard the teacher who I signed up for was horrible, and also I was already taking 14 units as it is. So I’ll take it next semester.

I am reteaching myself currently though.

As long as you enjoy it.

I like listening to random people playing the piano on Youtube.

Pfft, I wish I was proficient at playing a musical instrument. I played piano when i was in elementary school and in middle school as well, but my mom gave away my keyboard, so I never pursued that much. I don’t have it in me to be a classical musician, anyway: I can’t read notes fluently and I hate following specific rules. I want to just express myself through music, really. Could singing count as an “instrument”? I love to sing! And in different styles, too.

I think you can sort of count singing as an instrument.^^

I say your vocal cords are as good of an instrument as any! I too love to sing. I wish there was a way for me to enhance my voice, broaden my range, and sharpen my technique, because I feel like I’m lacking in some areas. I was classically trained for two years, but then my teacher stopped teaching so I have been singing on my own for almost six years.

I also play the piano, like many of you here. I took my last lessons in 2009, and had taken them for about 10 years. Nowadays, I try to keep up on it by downloading sheet music to songs I like, or I pull out old pieces I loved playing from lessons and relearn them, just to keep myself sharp. It’s so easy to lose it once you stop.

little chef

Did anyone have friends in band or anything?

My former classmate is a drummer in some band, but that’s all I know. I haven’t keep in touch with him for a long time.