Movies - both new and old

I like each and every Python film- hard to decide on a

favorite. I watched Yellowbeard recently, and though that was a flopper and didn’t include all the Pythons, it

was enjoyable nonetheless. Had a lot of actors that I loved- Peter Boyle, Marty Feldman, Madeline Kahn, and

several others …

TSS- It’s understandable why you wouldn’t like Holy Grail- British humor is dry, and

it takes a little getting used to in order to understand it.

Angels and Demons will come out in 2008. It will be the

sequel to The Da Vinci Code.

Sequel to the Da

Vinci Code? Isn’t that a little risky? Why a sequel?

^ Well the book Angels and Demons is actually considered better than the Da Vinci Code

by some people… So I guess that even though the movie was a flop, people are eager to see the sequel.

I

just saw Pan’s Labyrinth this weekend. It’s a Spanish film and sort of a fairy tale for grown-ups. It was

really good and really emotional but rather creepy at most parts. The fantasy/thriller parts were scary enough,

but what I found most disturbing was the harsh realism in the torturing scenes, since the movie is set in WWII

amongst Fascism and rebellion.

I really want to

see Pan’s Labyrinth. I saw the trailer and read the premise, and it looks very

promising. I hope my intuition’s right :slight_smile: Another 2006-released foreign language film that I’d like to watch is

The Lives of Others from Germany, which won Best Foreign Language Film at the

Oscars.

Currently, the best foreign language film that I’ve seen is [i]Life is

Beautiful[/i]. That movie was an absolute masterpiece, and I actually ranked it one place higher in my

list than Schindler’s List (i.e., Life is Beautiful

ranked at #11, while Schindler’s List ranked at #12).

I’d say you’d really like Pan’s Labyrinth- it’s for

those who enjoy the deep and twisted. My favorite Foreign film is The Chorus. Although if Scottish movies were

considered Foreign, I would have to say Dear Frankie. Btw Dear Frankie has some of the best music ever…

I have

Pan’s Labyrinth (it’s a ‘for your consideration’ DVD used in the awards) and

it’s awesome. Sick and twisted, but awesome. I like happy-go-lucky films, but it’s a nice change to watch

something dark and scary.

I just bought Peter Pan on DVD,

Coffee and Cigarettes, and Everyone Loves Mel. One

known and two unknowns. xD I prefer buying unknowns 'cause most of the time they’re great, they just didn’t

get enough recognition.

I’ve never been into foreign films. Isn’t Pan’s Labyrinth done

by the same director who did Hellboy ? I do know that he’s making a sequel called Hellboy 2: The Golden

Army.

FONY- Aah, Coffee and Cigarettes, with Steve

Buscemi at some point, I think? I’ve always wanted to see it.

lizardgirl- Yeah, Steve’s in it. It’s a bunch of little stories- I haven’t

watched them all as I just got it a couple of days ago- I only watched Steve Buscemi’s one and Steve Coogan’s.

They’re pretty funny but I wish they were longer. =P

What are your favorite musical

based movies?

TSS- I have too many to name. xD Off the top of my head- Godspell, Rocky

Horror, RENT, The Producers … I’m sure there’s more I just can’t recall …

Well, Sweeney Todd is coming out at the end of the year, so that will probably be it for me. I

haven’t seen any musical films actually.

Sadly, I only have one. It is Rent. I love the music. It captured my attention

from the start.

I like The Phantom of the Opera, Chicago, and Moulin Rouge. Wow. I haven’t seen these in a

long time (even though I have all of them)…

JamieLew- Wow I can’t believe I forgot those! I love them too. :slight_smile:

I really just don’t do musicals at all. The only film that I like that has a lot of

songs in it is The Nightmare Before Christmas, but apart from that, I can’t think of anything else.

Oh yes, I must say that the Disney movies with their own

sonngs in them were very treasurable to me. All of the animated classics.

Anybody still watch the original Home Alone ? That is a

classic movie. Great fun for the holidays. My family and I have watched it three or four times in a row every

Christmas Eve. We’ve got a great tradition going on here! (laugh)

Ohhhh, don’t remind me…The

flying bricks make me cringe every time…shudder