Monique: A Ratatouille Fanfic

linguni knows. he was the one who okayed her hiring. and so i would assume he told collete.

Don’t let Mitch read that! I believe she has a couple of pet rats herself :slight_smile:

Very good job. Keep it up!

Chapter 5:
“And that’s what happened!” Remy finished as he told Emile the story.
“Awww, my little brothers got a girlfriend!”
“Emile, I’m older than you. And she isn’t my girlfriend.”
“Yet.”
“NEVER MIND! Anyway, that’s what happened. Thing is, I don’t know how Dad’s gonna act if he finds out shes part pet.”
Who’s part pet?” Remy turned to see his father standing in the doorway.
“Uuuuhhh, no one.” He said.
“It’s that singer girl, isn’t it? I knew something was wrong with her.”
“There is nothing wrong with her.”
“SHE IS A PET!! She is one of those creeps who calls themselves rats but get waited on hand and paw.”
“SHE is not. It was her grandfather.”
“How do you know this?”
“She told me. Last night.”
“During work hours?”
“Well, No.”
“So you’ve been seeing her afterwards. Great.”
“You wouldn’t have cared if she wasn’t part pet!”
Dijano growled.
“Uh, guys, maybe we should-” Emile said
“STAY OUT OF THIS!” They yelled.
“Remy, they don’t know what it is like to work for your food-”
“Exactly Dad. They don’t steal. And besides, they live in very bad conditions. Worse than ours where. They don’t even have a colony.”
“I thought you gave up on this steal thing. We don’t steal anymore, Remy. In fact, we never did. We took things they didn’t want.”
“Then why did they poison us for it?”
“We’re getting beyond the point. Anyway, the girl can still work here, but that is all. No interacting with her beyond that.”
“What?”
“Remy, I am a respected rat. I worked for that. I’m not gonna have you interacting with people who didn’t-”
“She has nothing to do with who her grand-”
“And I’m not going to have you’re high status be dropped because of who you are around. You are respected now, Remy. You are respected greatly. The world isn’t friendly to those who aren’t. You said it yourself, son. They don’t belong to a colony. Theres a reason.”
“Fine. If it’s so important to you.” Remy with anger.
Later, at work, Monique walked up to him.
“Hey. I just wanted to thank you again-”
“I’m sorry, but I can’t talk to you anymore.”
“What? Why?”
“It’s complicated.”
Monique glared at him.
“It’s because of the pet thing, isn’t it? I can’t believe you! Finally, I thought I found someone different. Someone I could trust. Someone who could look beyond my genes. But no. You’re the same as everyone else.” She walked away. Remy wanted so hard to call after her. His heart felt as heavy as a rock. He walked toward his pot. When he looked back at her, she was sitting, playing on her piano. He could see a single tear roll down her cheek.

Wow… once you start reading, you can’t stop. It’s a mesmerizing story. Good job, keep them up. :smiley:

Um, small mistake… Emile is the older brother, not Remy :smiley:

But still, you are doing great! Keep it goin’!

Which seen in Ratatouille does it say which brother is older?

The scene where Emile wants Remy to steal food for all his friends (the first time).

Actually, I read somewhere (I think it was Disney Adventures) that Emile was younger. I always thought Emile just called him that because he was smaller.

I always thought Remy was older, because he seems more mature and tells Emile stuff to do. And Emile sort of follows around. And it’s just the fact that Remy is smaller than Emile because Remy doesn’t eat as much.

Not like that’s a big deal to argue over, though. :unamused:

Anyway, really good story. It slightly reminds me of The Lady and the Tramp, but I know it’s a whole different story. Keep it up!

Remy is older. Emile just calls him “little” because not only does he want Remy to believe this, but Emile’s way bigger.

Chapter 6
For the first time since he was a child, Remy did not impress people with his creations. He threw the wrong ingredients into the pots, mixed up orders, and, really ruining his ego, had to repeat dishes. he just couldn’t focus. Collete was getting angry. She was better at containing it now, but not an expert.
“Little chef, I hope you do better tomorrow, because This. Was. Not. Your. Best. Day. And-”
“Dear, how about we walk home. It’s such a beautiful night.” Linguini said, quickly shooing her out.
Remy sighed. He knew the reason he couldn’t focus. He walked up to the rat floor, praying Monique would be there. Just as he thought, she had left. Remy sat on one of the tables. He realized this was the first time in three weeks he had worked but didn’t talk to her afterwards. He could almost hear her sweet music. He looked out to the city. He knew what he had to do.
At home, he walked strait up to his father.
“Dad, I always thought you would accept different people after me. But you didn’t. What if rats did shun me for being a cook? Would you shun me to?”
“Remy, if I hear one more word about this, I’ll-”
“Dad, I’m not a kid anymore. You don’t control me. And you can’t say you support my well being, because you don’t. In fact, I support your’s.”
“Remy, no matter how grown up you think you are, you still don’t seem to understand one thing. The world-”
“I know, I know. Isn’t friendly to those who are not respected. I don’t care.”
“You really like this girl, don’t you?”
Remy thought a minute.
“Yes, yes I do. Maybe even…” He stopped.
“I remember your mother. You take after her so much.”
“I do?” She had died after Emile was born, but Remy was to young to remember, and Dijano never talked about it.
“She was always determined at everything she did. She never gave up. One time, one of the children got trapped in the house. She went to save him. Then…”
“Then what?”
“The lady had some traps set up, and she…”
“Oh.” His father looked more hurt then he had ever seen him. “Did the kid come back?”
“Yes. We where so happy to see you again.”
“What?”
“Yes.”
Remy couldn’t believe it. This was too much for him to handle.
“The point is, Remy, she did everything she could to save you. Even sacrificed herself. You too risked your life for what you love. You could have died, Remy, trying to be a chef. You could have very well have died. You where very lucky. Something she was not.”
“I’m… I’m going to go find Monique.” He wanted to get away, try and talk to her about this new found past. ran to her hole. But when he got there, the shock only got worse. It was empty.

Ooh, really good! Slightly reminds me of the beginning of Finding Nemo…

Sooo…good…Ack, I’m dying here! We needzz another chapter!! twitches

Awwww! Thank you! Coming right up!

Chapter 7
Remy panicked. Suddenly, he noticed something funny in the air. It hit him.
Rat poison
“MONIQUE!” He yelled, thinking the worst. She’s dead. I know it. She’s dead.
“R-Remy?” A small voice said, coming from the shadows. He looked, and there she was, scruffed up and dirty, but still beautiful.
“Monique!” Remy said and embraced her.
"Will you get off of me please?’ She asked.
He backed up. “You’re still mad at me.”
“Yes…maybe…no. I don’t blame you.”
“I do. The only reason I said that is because of my dad. I didn’t mean any of it. So…what happened here? I smelled rat poison…”
“Oh Remy! It was horrible!” He just then noticed the tears on her face. She started to tell the whole story.
Monique had returned from work sad, angry, and feeling rejected.
“Whats wrong, honey?”
“Nothing. Here’s the food.”
“Don’t you want some?”
“I’m not hungry.”
“Is there something you want to talk about?”
“No.”
“Are you sure?”
“Mom, I’m not a child any more. I can handle my own problems.” As she walked through the whole, she climbed to a small cave in the side that she used to play in when she was young.
“That Remy. Who does he think he is, judging me like that?” Then she remembered. A rich successful world-class gourmet chef.
“ARRG!” She yelled, punching the wall. Unfortunately, the sides where old and rotten, and she made a large hole. As if by fate, a little boy was sitting right there.
“Mama, theres rats in the walls!” he yelled.
“WHAT?”
She seemed to have suspected we where in there, because she had that gas pump out in a flash.
“GET OUT!” Her mother yelled. her father was helping the little ones out.
“MOMMY!” Monique’s littlest brother was being lifted by the little boy, now wearing a gas mask.
“Mama Mama can I keep it?”
“Jaques! Honestly! It’s covered in germs!”
“I WANT THE RATTY!” He screamed.
“MOMMY DADDY HEEEELLLLP!”
“We’re coming honey!” Monique’s mom yelled.
“Me too!” She said, following them.
“No, Moni, get out while you can.”
“Mom!”
“Get out!” And her parents ran into the house.
“And that’s the last time I saw them! And to make matters worse, when I came out, I couldn’t find my siblings. I know they’ve been here. I just can’t find them.”
“I’ll help you.”
“You will?”
“Yes. Come to my home. You’ll be safe there.”

I really like it! It’s so nice of Remy to help Monique. And that little boy saying “Mama Mama can I keep it?” was funny. Can’t wait for more.

Ah, thank you. It’s such a great story so far. This chapter will keep me okay for a couple minutes. :smiley: I really wasn’t expecting what happened in chapter 7. So sniff sad…

Chapter 8
When Remy brought Monique to his home, he could tell his dad was uncomfortable. But with a sharp look, he shut him up.
“Ok, they couldn’t gotten far. I mean, how fast can a big group of children go?”
“That’s why I’m worried. What if they got scattered?”
“We’ll look for them tomorrow. Right now I think you need food and rest.”
“That does sound nice.”
The next day, the two walked the streets after work, asking about them. One said they saw I big group of children heading south, so there they followed. They found the kids, with a colony of rats. Remy reconised some of them from his old colony that must have been seperated after the old lady destroyed their nest. He shivered. He still got nightmares from that incedint.
“Moni!” The oldest called, running to her as the other followed.
“You’re alive!” She cried as they tackled her.
“Remy? Is that you?
Oh no. he thought. “Just a minute, guys.”
“Guys, I have to tell you something.” As she told them about their parents, Remy talked to some of the rats he used to know, who seemed awfully surprized he actually made something of himself. Finally, he was able to escape, and walked over to Monique.
“K guys, lets go home and-” She started.
“We’re not going home.” The oldest said.
“What?”
“We voted. We like it here. This colony is the first group of rats to include us even with our heritage. We wanna live with them. We are going to the country in a couple of days.”
“But-”
“Moni.”
“Ok.Take care of the little ones.”
“You can come to.”
“Nah, I’m a city rat. My place is here.”
“We’ll miss you.”
I will too.”
“Goodbye.”
“Goodbye.” She said that to evreyone, and finally it was time to go. On the way back, she looked at Remy.
"Remy, I- I really, really like you. You don’t judge, you’re understanding, and you are just great. You helped me in my time of need, and I can’t thank you enough.’
“I really like you. And I’m happy you decided to stay.”
“Oh, I couldn’t leave you to run a restaurant without me. What will happen to business without my singing?”
He softly kissed her head.
“I have no idea.”

The End

So thats the end. I tried to not make it tooo cheesy, especially the last chapter. I had a dream last night that I’m gonna make into a Batman/Spider-man/WALL-E fanfiction, so look out for that.

:wink: Aw, good story, Rac_Rules! I didn’t expect it to end so suddenly though. I will miss reading about Monique and Remy. :cry: :slight_smile:
But I kinda got confused at the conversation part. Who is saying what? :confused:

If I’m thinking of the right conversation, it’s between Monique and her oldest sibling. Her siblings are leaving for the country, and she’s staying in Paris.

Yeah, everyone says my fan fics are short. This is actually my longest. I’m not good with long stories, I start to run out of ideas eventually. I also felt this being a love story, people would eventually get bored. I was also reeeeaaallly excited to start my next one, and I didn’t want to wait to long because I tend to forget what happends in my dreams after a while.