Meet The Robinsons

Ahaha, now I got a new Halloween costume idea! :smiley: \

karly05: That would be a greater ending, to show what happened [spoil]to Mike Yagoobian. One thing I didn’t like about the movie was how they just had him walk away, and we realize he had wasted his whole life on that ridiculous revenge, and that’s it. Except, later Lewis sets things right by helping the young Goob wake up and save the game; shouldn’t that mean that things would go well for his future, too? I don’t want to be left thinking that he’s still doomed to that pathetic adulthood. I agree with your idea of a perfect ending for it. I want to see everyone get a happy ending. Well, except the hat Doris. [/spoil]

Yeah, bright dot-dasher, I really think they owed us that last look at [spoil]what ultimately happened to Goob. Once Lewis wakes him up and he makes the catch and wins the game, “Bowler Hat Guy” should no longer exist as we know him (especially since the last we see of Little Goob is this happy kid showing off his baseball trophy to this kind-looking couple who are obviously going to adopt him). I guess I mostly wanted to see what a grown up “good” Mike Yagoobian would have looked like, and I love the idea of him becoming a star baseball player![/spoil]

Another “it rocked” vote here, added to the fray. MTR is a comparatively straightforward handling of the time-travel idea that’s accessible to all viewers. Great message about moving forward and not dwelling on the past, too. Chicken Little was fine, but MTR is part of the very traceable progression in quality of Disney’s CG-animated features, culminating in the glory of Tangled.

I really like Meet the Robinsons. Sometimes the song at the end makes me cry. I liked Bolt better, but I really like this movie.

This movie was way too predictable for my taste, defintely in my bottom 5 Disney movies, sorry guys. Heck, I liked Home on the Range better! And that’s saying something.

Oh, no, I would never say it’s one of the better Disney movies. It’s not one of the greats in any way. I just personally connected with it for some reason. :stuck_out_tongue:

I really want to see this again! Haven’t seen it since mid-'07. I remember liking it though, especially the design scheme and atmosphere.

For some reason, I really connected with Lewis. I also really liked Frannie.

I think some of the characters were really original but other were totally surprising and memorable. The film did a good job at making a simple and basic bad guy. They didn’t go out of their way to make a futuristic (sci-fi kinda guy) bad guy. They just made him a normal human with a really technically advanced friend.

Plus the music was really good in my opinion. That gets me a lot of the time; good music.

I think it was Okay, I really never like Chicken Little but this was an improvement. I liked Bolt the best out of the Disney CGI films and haven’t seen Tangled.

Please go rent it. Right. Now!

I will I guess.

It was like they told the audience, “Playtime’s over. We’re getting serious.” Now, Disney Channel is another story…

Yes, Pixarfan, see Tangled!!!

I really love this movie, regardless of how everyone I know except my mom hates it. It’s so special to me. <3

I wanted to see more of the familiy :confused: They were so strange, yet so funny :laughing:

…but aside of that, i found the movie reaally boring. It´s like it was a Dremworks´ movie.

I agree it would be a better, more universal movie if the family was more shown and explained. Frannie and Wilbur were the only ones who got half as much screen time as they needed.

But, is it really bad that I love this movie? I feel like such an idiot, because everyone hates it, and I cry during the end! I’m a pathetic sap. :cry:

MTR is at least a very good movie. Are there really a lot of MTR haters out there? It’s somewhat of a sleeper in that a viewer might dismiss it upon a single viewing (or trailer-skim), and it’s one that can easily grow in stature with multiple viewings. There really is a lot to pick up after multiple go-rounds. The music is rather out on a limb but ultimately quite good and very appropriately used throughout the movie.

All in all, Meet the Robinsons is one of those movies where it’s probably fair to say, “If you didn’t like it, you probably just didn’t get it.” Which is a little different than, “You like what you like.”

I agree entirely, Steve! I actually didn’t love it so much the first time. But I’m weird in that I’m very specific and rigid with my movie rules. I saw this movie 3 times on Starz before I decided to get the DVD. I always re watch movies like 5 before deciding my feelings for them. 8D I’m just very weird about these things.

Anywho, this movie makes me cry every time. Every time. So, I love it. The end.

Hey guys, just a heads up. I moved this topic from Other Animation to Other Disney, for obvious reasons.

Then so am I! I didn’t think much of this movie at first, but after watching it several times, I ended up loving it. It’s just so beautiful! Maybe not the best, even in animation, but in terms of lesson-teaching and humour, pretty darn good. It re-did the overgone topic of family ties but added the ‘keep moving forward’ thing to sweeten it up. And as frosting to cake, there was ‘These Little Wonders.’ I loved it! Our class sang it at our elementary graduation. Sniff.