List of Ken Outfits

would these be accurate? No pictures of animal lovin ken seem to show the dolls feet lol

cgi.ebay.com/Barbie-Gray-Grey-Lo … 2c53faa483

I’m pretty sure those ones aren’t right in either the colour or mold.

hmm how about these?

cgi.ebay.com/KEN-GREY-DRESS-SHOE … 2307e352c2

cgi.ebay.com/Gray-MOD-Ken-Doll-D … 2a082df692

Neither of those are right either. Here is a full picture of Ken, the shoes pictured are a light gray.

farm3.static.flickr.com/2618/390 … 4a45_b.jpg

For those interested, there is currently an eBay auction for an unboxed Animal Lovin’ Ken with some excellent photos of the doll (clothed and unclothed), including his shoes. Now you can check out Ken’s actual naked tush! :laughing:

The price for this Ken doll is currently $155 with four days to go on the auction. I’m guessing that the reserve price is at least $200.

cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-1988-Animal … 3f010eef7b

Good shot of the head and scarf.

There are also two other boxed Animal Lovin’ Ken dolls currently listed, both with 6+ days to go on their auctions. You can find them with an eBay search. Since these other Kens are in sealed boxes, there aren’t any good photos of the actual dolls. But these other two dolls will affect the selling price of the unboxed Ken (especially since he’s not Mint in Box). The bidding on the unboxed Ken will probably stall out and not meet reserve since collectors would prefer the MIB Kens (even if the boxes are a little banged up, the dolls inside are still mint).

As for the Pixar guys who supposedly bought Animal Lovin’ Ken dolls (which I actually suspect was a joke), the thing to remember is that an item is ONLY “hot” for a short time after a film comes out. Once the initial interest (and bidding) has passed, then prices decline rather quickly. Wait several months to a year, and the prices will drop once the initial buyers (with deep pockets) pay top dollar their dolls.

Got my original animal lovin ken the other day. Having him in hand, its so obvious the difference in quality between this one and the new one. Although I’d still like to have the new accurate sculpt one too, as I feel his face better represents the alive ken while the original doll is definately toy mode.

That’s really cool, how much does he cost? I’m thinking about getting one for my sister for Christmas.

The original doll? He can cost quite a bit, but I found mine for 30 dollars. Most get to at least 100 on ebay.

Yeah, I’m just going to buy the toy Story 3 version!

which scene does tennis ken show up in?

Did they ever make a mission to mars outfit?

The Mission to Mars set was for the vintage 1961-1963 Ken, which is why it fit Great Shape Barbie so well- truthfully it would never have fir the 1968 Ken body, which Animal Lovin’ Ken has -Omar

Did anyone manage to identify whether any of the “matching” outfits which Ken and Barbie wear during the credits are “real” outfits which have been made by Mattel?

I’ve only seen the film once and I can only recall matching “cheerleader” outfits (blue and white?) which do not appear to be “real” Ken and Barbie outfits and matching “gold-sequinned” formal outfits which also do not appear to be “real” Ken and Barbie outfits.

There was also the bathing suit outfits which I think they wore, but I would prefer a more “regular/visually interesting” set of clothes for Ken and Barbie. Were any other “matching” outfits seen in the credits?

Barbie brings it up when she’s looking through his clothes.

Also, did the Great Shape Barbie come with a pink ribbon for her hair? Because Ken borrowed that to use as an ascot matching his Rock Star outfit.

^^^^

I think the “original” Great Shape Barbie had a blue head-band (the kind used to collect sweat) as opposed to a pink hair band (to put the hair into a poinytail).

But Mattel’s new “Great Shape/Toy Story 3” Barbie does include the pink hair band.

I love how they’re based on real Ken outfits. Shows the research Pixar puts into this. Although I’m pretty sure he stole that Karate outfit from GI Joe XD

If anyone has the exact shoes from animal lovin ken, same color and everything, please let me know as I will pay for them!

They did make a karate outfit for ken. It had a red trim to it, though. They might’ve made a G.I. Joe one, though.

Yes, they did make a Karate outfit for GI Joe in the 70s.
flickr.com/photos/tcmhitchhiker/652236017/
The logo on his shirt kinda hurts my theory on Ken stealing it but I suppose Ken could have pealed the logo off :wink:

cgi.ebay.com/Mattel-Cool-Times-K … ltDomain_0

a pretty good deal i think. I have no interest however