List of Ken Outfits

The really off thing about the Ken in the two pack, is his head sculpt isnt the right one. I just got in an original 1983 animal lovin ken style head, I could remold it and sell blank castings to those looking to make an accurate ken from the 2 pack.

Really crappy to hear that Pixar bought a bunch to stockpile.

Thanks for the tidbit, although why would Pixar keep all the Kens to themself? Is it all just a plot to sell more of Mattel’s new Ken?

And Tyler, there has been a variation of the Ken/Barbie 2-pack with an accurate Ken head.

Maybe they’re planning to sell them off at collectors’ prices when demand really sky-rockets.

Al McWhiggin would be proud. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Tyler,

Like Dinoco said - There are 2 different versions of the Barbie Ken set. I was lucky enough today when I went to TRU that the very last one way in the back against the wall was the only accurate head out of 15.

I actually gasped when I saw it, to which my girlfriend said, “yea, you’re definitely gay.”

Gotta love her. Especially since she bought me Twitch (which I didn’t even see because I was so preoccupied with the B&K set.)

I started to walk to the register and she says, “um excuse me - are you forgetting something?” I thought she was talking about her so I said “Nope” to which I got, “OK so I wont buy Twitch then.”

Life is Good.

As far as Pixars reasoning in stockpiling them - I think it was part of their marketing plan (much like the Lotso Commercials and the fake Twitch and chunk articles) to sell more of their product and keep the money flowing in.

Can anyone post pics of the head differences?

Didnt know this, that sucks, hhaha. Wasted time getting a real vintage ken.

Yeah, but it’s still kind of odd that they intentionally state it’s not as good as the original, which they’re hoarding.

I think this also explains the lack of Great Shape Barbies.

Inaccurate-

Accurate-

this was talked about in the Toy Story Replicas Thread…

[url]Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please) - #961 by Sli_nky]
[url]Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please) - #963 by Sli_nky]

Regardless of it being talked about there, I didnt see it, hence why I asked to see pictures DOT DOT DOT

Not the animal lovin ken head which I expected, but still better than what they initially put out. I’ll stick with my vintage ken though.

whats the name of the outfit ken is wearing that includes the green tank top shown at the top of this page?

My DOTS were not meant in a bad way. I was just posting the links to the exact post in case you wanted to read them for yourself without having to go look through 71 pages. It’s called being helpful. I also posted directly to them as I used one of the pictures from one of the posts.

This is a family oriented Movie forum about an animated movie. Were talking about a friggin’ Ken doll…I’m not posting to hurt anyone’s feelings or to be a smart ass.

I’m sorry you mistook what I said. So please in the future - no need to respond with a rude tone man.

If I was trying to be rude do you think I would have taken the time to post the pictures for comparison you asked for?

I was actually considering searching ebay periodically for an original ‘88 Animal Lovin’ Ken. I guess I should give up right now. I didn’t really expect him to be that easy to come by, to be honest, but I was curious to see how much he’d typically go for at least.

And me pointing out the dots was not meant in a bad way either, trust me, hahah. I appreciate the info! If I was mad at anything, its was the fact that they released 2 versions, ala the bucket of soldiers, etc.

Maybe they just changed molds along the way, just like the Bucket O’ Soldiers.

We haven’t seen signs of the real-life counterpart yet (though there’s a chance it’s out there), but the closes thing that Agent 86 found was In Style Fashions.
manbehindthedoll.com/68040-91.htm

Man you guys are better than I am! And I thought I was a Ken freak. ROFL!

Yes, the In Style fashion is the original and Pixar’s version has the green/black stripes.

And yeah, Ken is Animal Lovin’ Ken. I had a feeling, but at least it got hashed out. :smiley: -Omar, a giant Ken lover who’s totally hetero. :smiley:

Ha, after going through this thread I want to get an original 1988 Animal Lovin’ Ken doll. That sucks that Pixar would intentionally buy the Ken dolls so fans couldn’t find them and buy it for their ultimate TS collection. Could you imagine going to Pixar and they show you their Ken room? haha

I loved the Cool Times Ken outfit!

Oh, I just remembered that Ken’s toy description states that his safari gear is how he came, so you’re right.

Fixing up the new Ken’s clothes shouldn’t be too difficult, the shirt’s sleeves would need to be trimmed at the elbow to allow them to be folded and rolled up twice and of course the shorts need to be trimmed as well.

It’s funny you mention that because I just did that to mine last night plus some other things as well…

Here’s how it looked…

and After…

Overall Shots -

The Collar and neck line moved down -

Belt loops removed and belt raised / shirts sleeves shortened and cuffed correctly -

Shorts Shortened and “Le Poof” -

Back of the collar -

That looks great, DarXide!

I’m still looking for the movie accurate Ken. Any word as to if this is a running change from the previous set or is it just the luck of the draw? Are the SKUs different?

I checked ebay and most people just have stock photos up or are the non-accurate versions. I’m guessing once word gets around they will list as such as jack up the prices as well.

what do the shoes of the original animal lovin ken look like? Does anyone know where i could find a pair?