Lee Unkrich's next feature film

Well, I for one am glad that Lee isn’t doing a TS4.

I agree.

Well, I guess we could start the rumors for TS4 now for 2016.

Well, there’s no confirmation either that this project isn’t in fact TS4. I hope not.

Me neither. Hopefully well get some word from the studio about it in the near future.

Well, he’s stopped updating now,and wont ‘comment on his descision’.
Hmmmm… :~o

Boy, I sure am excited about this. Toy Story 3 isn’t necessarily my favorite film, but it is by far the most emotionally moving. Lee Unkrich is a brilliant and talented filmmaker, so this should be sure to turn out swell. Just as long as it’s not a Toy Story 4. :laughing:

Lee posted this on Twitter a few days ago: whosay.com/leeunkrich/photos/89533

Maybe Weird Al’s gonna be doing a voice in the movie? Or a song? Al’s always been saying that he wants to be in a Pixar movie. Maybe Lee is giving him the chance!

Or maybe Al was just aimlessly wandering the halls of Pixar for no reason. I’d do it too.

Or maybe both. :laughing:

Very interesting.

Weird Al in a Pixar movie? That’s the best idea ever! I really hope he is in this movie, because he is one of my favorite singers. Has anyone heard his song, “Ebay”? It’s really catchy, and I listen to it all the time.

I don’t know much about Weird Al, but Ebay and Jerry Springer are hilarious 8D

I really like The Saga Begins.

I’d rather this than having the upcoming ideas leaking all over the place. Don’t worry, we’ll hear official announcements about this movie at Disney D23 in, errr, 2013.

I only hope that his next project is not Toy Story 4

I still very much doubt Pixar will do Toy Story 4 :unamused:

I really prefer more Toy Story Toons

Me too, even though they did a wonderful job with all three films (probably one of the greatest overall trilogies!). But the ending of the third involved too much closure and was a perfect way to close the curtain on the series, and while I adore Bonnie, I don’t think the film needs to see an entire story centered around her or having the toys lost again.

I just think people took John Lasseter’s comment far too seriously 8D
He just refused to say anything, I don’t think he was “squirming in his seat” as some people put it! Not to mention that the female interviewer on Breakfast, the morning news show that said interview was conducted on, is the single most annoying presenter on British television imo, and he probably wanted to get out of there ASAP :mrgreen:
Every single person she interviews, she has to ask the most downright stupid questions…

I just saw this post and I agree with sooooo much of what you’re saying. John Lasseter is a visionary and easily one of my greatest heroes and inspirations. I have compared him to a modern-day Walt Disney, but primarily in terms of being a visionary and enthusiastic storyteller. Aside from Cars and Cars 2, I admire Lasseter’s films, even A Bug’s Life. However, when compared to other directors of Pixar films, Lasseter’s skills don’t quite measure up. I have this theory, not thoroughly explored mind you, that the directors at Pixar are auteurs more so than at most other major animation studios. For instance, I feel like Disney’s animated films strongly lack the directors’ presence. That’s not to say that the directors aren’t significant in the success of each film, but honestly, they all sort of blend together into one big, undistinguishable blob of talented storytellers. For the most part.

Now, I especially want to look at Andrew Stanton and Brad Bird, because they have the most “unique” (sort of an iffy word) animated films Pixar has released in my opinion, and thus the most interesting directing styles. On the other hand, Lasseter’s films have been more straightforward, but nevertheless very well executed. Basically, what I’m saying is that I want to see more films from Bird and Stanton. :stuck_out_tongue: Docter’s sort of like Lasseter as well, although Up and Monsters Inc do have a similar feel.