Inside Out Main Thread

I’ve changed the title! :smiley:
I think the concept for this sounds quite good, its a shame we have to wait like 3 years !

Yeah, but the longer they work on it, the more chance there is for it to be great.

I agree. Films usually take quite some time for them to be excellent. The only film that comes to mind that a studio had little time to work on which turned out great was Toy Story 2.

It was very strange how good Toy Story 2 was, considering the amount of time they made it in.

I agree. They only had about nine months to work on it right?

Yeah, I think it was 8-9 months.

Ah, I remember now. I think they came up with the story in a weekend’s time.

Because it was going to be a Direct-to-Video release, but, then they changed that, turned it into a feature film for theaters and John Lasseter took over.

I already knew about it being a direct-to at first. It probably would of been terrible like any of the direct-to’s from the Eisner era.

Yeah, I think the only scene they kept was the “cross the road” scene. But originally I think they were crossing to a different location.

The cross the road scene where they go to Al’s Toy Barn?

Yes. But it was to a different location.

I wonder where that location would of been to.

I wonder that too. The scene is on the old DVD and current Blu-Ray, but, I can’t remember if they say what the location was.

They moved the whole scene from having the store in the suburbs, to putting it in the city so they could have it be across the street from Al’s apartment. The original version was fully animated and is probably on youtube.

Oh yeah, now I remember. It is very interesting to see how the scene was before. There are so many great features on the old Toy Story DVD’s and the current Blu-Ray’s.

So far ir sound’s good but still need to find out more about it.

We probably won’t figure out more about this for a few more months since the film comes out in three years. The plot somehow reminds me of an old “Fairly Odd Parents” episode where Timmy goes in the inside of Vicky and goes inside her mind.

I’d like to get some more info on this movie, such as concept art and a clearer plot. Since Docter’s doing it, I can only imagine he has something good up his sleeve; his two films for Pixar have been among my favorites. I have trouble even imagining what “inside the mind” means. Like, is it a microscopic Fantastic Voyage or like that one old detective movie that’s completely told from the perspective of the main character—in other words, the camera IS the person’s eyes. Because I remember that getting dull really quickly, and it was considered a failure, but then maybe Pixar could polish that idea up and make it even more successful. :slight_smile:

Do you think this could be going a bit where Wreck-It Ralph seems to be going storywise, in that there could be characters that are trying to prove that they are not actually bad? The characters are baffling me…