Inception

[spoil]The whole thing with Cobb being able to see their faces, if it was a dream, is that he no longer has the guilt of what he did to Mal.

Also, with Ariadne and Fischer escaping limbo, they saw that lightning, which was supposed to be referencing the defribrilator on the third level, which was what brought them back.[/spoil]

You probably shouldn’t have quoted the entire post, just so you know, but thanks for reading my thoughts!

I agree with with your points, and the first one is accurate, and you are right, that only applies if [spoil]the ending is a dream[/spoil]. I was just trying to prove that it [spoil]was reality[/spoil].

Also, your second point is correct. I’m not sure if that was in reference to my post or not… I didn’t reference the lightning, but yeah, [spoil]it is the shock of the defibrilator in Level 3 permeating into Limbo[/spoil].

Yeah, I was in a hurry and didn’t get a chance to delete anything. Sorry!

But with the first one it applies if [spoil]he was in reality too, as he allowed himself to see their faces. He refused to before, partly because of guilt and partly because he knew they weren’t real.[/spoil][/spoil]

I guess that is true also when you take into account why he didn’t allow himself to see their faces when he was dreaming earlier in the film.

Also!

Everyone should watch this mash up trailer! I found it via Bryko614 on twitter and it is truly amazing and so well done! Inception meets Up[u]

gizmodo.com/5600471/inception-by … he-trailer[/u]

Exactly.

And the video isn’t showing up on that page. Is it by any chance this awesome trailer mash-up? youtube.com/watch?v=AY69-AgUmDQ

**Warning: Here be spoilers!

I think that he was definitely in reality at the end of the film. There are a few things that lead me to believe this:

1. His kids are different. They might not look that different, but there were two sets of kids playing them, about two years apart in age. Their clothes are different too, although not by much. A detailed description of their clothes can be found online somewhere, if you’re interested, but I lost the link :frowning: Also, just the fact that he sees their faces. He never gets to see them in his dreams.

2. His wedding ring. He only wears the wedding ring in the dream worlds, he doesn’t have it in reality. At the end, he isn’t wearing it.

3. The top. It spins for an unusually long amount of time, but it does start wobbling. If it were a dream world, I don’t think it would wobble at all.

4. I just like the thought of him making it out of Limbo, as it’s the happier option of the two :-D)

Anyway, I don’t really think it matters either way. The whole idea of the film is that there isn’t really reality, there’s just perception. At the end of the film, Cobb spins the top, but doesn’t stay to see what happens. He just walks away. He’s come to terms with his wife’s death, and is just happy to be with his kids again. “He makes a conscious choice to accept whatever reality he is facing”, is how someone (with infinitely better communication skills than I) put it.

Another great Inception trailer… with Dora the Exploer.

[url]- YouTube

:open_mouth: Wow, that might just be the funniest thing I’ve seen all day.

“Can you say burrrrrr?”
“…BUURRRRRRRR
“Very good!”

OMG we just did that in the movie night.

BRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Apparently the distinctive BUUURRRRR sound is derived from the countdown music, “Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien” by Edith Piaf: [url]Inception Music Comparison - YouTube

I love the music from this movie! My favorite is Mind Heist: [url]- YouTube

Aw, you beat me to it, Evil! I was just about to post that link about Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien.

I agree that the soundtrack is amazing! It’s like periodic bursts of FOGHORN BLASTS! My favorite tracks would be “528491”, “Dream is Collapsing”, and “Time.”

Actually, the video I posted isn’t actually “Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien”. It…well I don’t know how to describe it really, it just shows how they got the BUUURRR sound from the song by Piaf. It’s actually pretty cool, but a bit…disconcerting to think that that’s what the characters heard in their dreams due to the time dilution.

And yes, Dream Is Collapsing is among my favorites too :smiley:

Yeah, that’s what I meant. The “Inception Music Comparison” video, right? I thought it was really genius how Zimmer incorporated the Edith Piaf song into the soundtrack. And it makes sense, because time is supposed to be slowed the more levels down you go, so if the song is playing on the first level, it should be slowed down on the bottom levels.

Oh, my mistake Ding, I thought you meant just the song by Piaf. Yes, I thought it was really cool too, although I only noticed it when I got home and watched the video. The song by Piaf is so nice and peaceful, but when you slow it down…man, it sounds so threatening and sinister!

I see you loved the movie, Evil_Genius_27.

Today, it was released in my country. I’ll watch it tomorrow. Let’s see if we agree once more 8D

PS: I know I will. I’ve loved every Nolan movie.

Trust me, if you loved his other films, you’ll love this one too Spirit. It was amazing, and I think I’m going to try and convince some of my friends to see it with me. It’s definitely worth a second viewing. Have you seen all of Nolan’s other films? I have yet to see Following, but from the ones I have seen, I’d rate them like this:

1. Inception
  2. The Dark Knight
  3. The Prestige
  4. Memento
  5. Batman Begins
  6. Insomnia

Are we being alike again?

I’ve never seen Following either, and your rating (except for Inception, because I have to see it first) is exactly like mine.

Reslly? That’s cool, I thought I was the only one who placed The Prestige over Memento. Don’t misunderstand, I loved Memento, it just didn’t grab me as much as The Prestige did. Plus, I liked the actors in The Prestige a lot more. Michael Caine, Christian Bale and <3 Hugh Jackman <3 Oddly enough, I had read the book The Prestige before I saw the movie, but I totally didn’t see that twist coming at the end. Well,[spoil] the bit about him basically killing himself every night anyway. I knew about the twins.[/spoil]

I wasn’t able to see it yesterday, but I will today. So much excitement, I can’t wait!