Ideas for future Pixar films

I meant I wouldn’t be really interested in a Pixar movie about rock stars.

Okay. And yeah I pretty much agree, but at the same time I’d be interested in a Pixar movie about anything, as long as it turns out to be good.

Exactly. That’s why I don’t doubt it would still be good.

Personally, I’d love to see Pixar incorporate cats into one of their films. In Up, dogs were given a major role, and in Toy Story we had Buster and Skud. But seeing some Pixar-animated cats, whether they be house cats or wild species, would be amazing. There are tons of “man’s-best-friend dog” movies, but not too many where cats are depicted as friendly and loyal. Of course I can’t complain too much; Pixar portrayed rats in a positive light.

Other than that…Maybe just a film that takes place in a country that not many people know of? St. Vincent and the Grenadines, for instance! It doesn’t necessarily have to have a large impact on the actual plot, of course. Its main purpose would be as a unique setting with cultural twists.

Well i was thinking maybe it would be about this young guy who ever since he was a toddler has always wanted to be a rock star, as he grows he realizes that its much harder to become a rock star then he thought it would be.

It may sound like a weird story but if pixar ever choses to make a film about rock stars i’m sure there idea will be a lot better then mine.

Well, it doesn’t sound weird. Actually, filmmakers use it a lot. For instance:

“It’s about this young rat who ever since he was a toddler… rat has always wanted to be a cook, as he grows he realizes that its much harder to become a cook then he thought it would be.”

It actually follows the basic formula of almost every story: A main character needs/wants to do something but there’s an opposition that makes it difficult.

Yeah its been used before i think a movie like that might need a new kind of story something thats never been done before

i was actually thinking about this the other day, & i think so, too. generally i’m more of a dog person, but there really don’t seem to be many animated cat movies. poor kitties. D: so, yeah. that would be awesome.

still though i am rooting for something set in the 30’s.

Glad I’m not the only one!

Hm…How about a movie set in the 30’s that uses cats? It’s definitely an interesting time period. I’d like to see how animals would adapt and act in it, and how it would be reflected in their mannerisms.

Maybe you should read Lackadaisy. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the suggestion! I looked it up and it seems very interesting. I’ll give it a try.

Um, there’s a cat in Toy Story as well…“Whiskers, will you get out of there? We’re on the verge of an urgent rescue!”

I wanted to see the movie Cat Tale so badly but it was never made. I hope some other movie takes it up. If it becomes a Pixar movie, I would be extremely thrilled.

I actually have a couple of ideas that sort of fit what people are asking for here. But I don’t want to seem like a loser so I won’t suggest any of them.

I’d like to see a dieselpunk movie. That’s basically a retro-futuristic version of the early 20th century. Imagine steampunk but replaced with art deco and motorcars and large imposing cities. Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow comes to mind.

It could be about anything really. I just think that’s an underused setting in fiction. Atompunk, jetpunk, and transistorpunk would be awesome too. But you’re kind of just splitting hairs when you get to some of them.

Well, most of us seem to agree that they should do another period piece (any period, either real or imaginary) after Brave, their only feature not set in the present (or in the future, as in WALL·E).

But no one’s really advocating for that period. I mean I hear 30s but I think you guys meant like a real-world 30s. And the alternate worlds that were mentioned are pretty far away from the imaginary period I suggested.

Also Conan the Barbarian isn’t set in an alternate world per se. It’s set in the Hyborean Era. A fictional era between the fall of Atlantis and the rise of modern civilization. Fictional and fantastic yes, but not quite alternate. Simply prehistoric.

I don’t care for swords and sorcery much though. So I’d hope they would shy away from that setting.

I really love retro-future settings. You don’t really see many of them in films today. Everything’s either in the past, present, future or some alternate versions with anachronisms that don’t really advance tech too much.

The last film I can think of that truly embraced it was The Incredibles. It was set in 1969 but could’ve passed for today or even a bit later given its technology. But it was still very much the era of its influence.

I don’t get what you mean.

What I was saying is that, if you look in the last few pages of this board, you’ll find that most people want a film set in a different period than present, either in the real world or, as in your case, a fictional/alternate era.

By the way, is there any canon information that supports that The Incredibles is set in 1969?

I meant that nobody asked for this era or period specifically. Nobody at all. So I thought I’d mention it sense everyone’s mentioning everything else. I’d like a musical as well. Especially in a dieselpunk setting with music by Giacchino. He really understands early 20th century music from what I can hear.

As for the 1969 time period, there is a scene featuring a newspaper. If you pause the frame you’ll see the date 196- with the last digit obscured by a finger. If you plug in the dates from Edna Mode’s cape rant and Violet’s probable age you get a range of 68 or 69. But definitely no later than that because of the newspaper.

I think someone around here could probably point out the exact scene and time. It escapes me at the moment. I just remembered it is all.

I’d enjoy an American Revolution period piece.

an upcoming christmas-themed feature film from Pixar called “Operation C.H.R.I.S.T.M.A.S.”

released on Christmas 2014

Directed by Andrew Stanton (the director of WALL-E)

David Ogden Stiers as Santa Claus
Kristen Wiig as Mrs. Claus
and other actors

the story is about Santa Claus (voiced by David Ogden Stiers) having ultra high-tech gadgets and gizmos and huge spaceship sleigh for deliver presents to children at christmas, in the film, there was take over of North Pole by Charles the Elf Boss and santa claus escapes and have to defeat charles, he sneaks into a spaceship se a tranporter beams in charles’ bedroom, santa claus get back to control of North Pole and Save Christmas.

go to go to youtube.com/watch?v=_vaF4i1nkwQ

Disney made a similarly themed short film called Prep & Landing. And there’s also Arthur Christmas.

So I doubt they’ll make a movie on that topic anytime soon.