Ideas for future Pixar films

How about a Pixar movie about a war or a war veteran.

^That could be fantastic! :smiley:

I would love something set in Victorian England.

Yeah! Maybe something like Waltz With Bashir, only, a lot less graphic lmao. 8D

I won’t mind if Pixar becomes a little grittier with time. Nothing sordid, of course.

Well, as Charles Dickens, the best writer in the English language, has stories all set in Victorian England, surely Pixar can make an interesting movie set then, too.

I would love something set in England full stop :slight_smile:. As long as not all the characters are toffs with bad teeth and a stupid generic posh accent, who like to eat crumpets and tea for every meal, can’t be doing with stereotypes 8D .

Mountain Gorillas as in Tarzan? :slight_smile:

I think there was a thread similar to this where I posted last year or the year before that I would love to see Pixar doing a spy movie.

Needless to say, my wish has come true, and the best part is, it’s the plot of the sequel to one of my favourite Pixar movies! :slight_smile:

Now I’ll wish they’ll do a period adventure piece. Something like Pirates of the Carribean, or the upcoming Three Musketeers or Puss in Boots, with swasbuckling action, fair maidens, and tons of dynamite explosions!

Another one I’d love for them to try is a fantasy epic. We’re probably gonna get something along those lines with Brave, but Brave feels like a historical fiction set within real-world elements like Spirit or Brother Bear. I’d like them to try an alternate universe like HTTYD, Dragonheart, or Conan the Barbarian.

They should also explore other cultures, like South America or East Asia. If they’re really daring, they can try India, or Australia. Dreamworks has already explored Africa, China, and an alternate-reality USA (Monsters vs Aliens) already, while Blue Sky has done Brazil. Animal Logic, of course, has already gone to the South Pole and Australia (Legend of the Guardians).

Pixar, after eleven or so movies, has most of its stories set in an Americana-setting. The only exceptions are Ratatouille (France), Finding Nemo (Australia), and Up (Venezuela). If there’s any studio which can push the boundaries, it’s Pixar, and I can see they’re already stepping up their game with Cars 2 (Italy, England, Japan, France again).

Now if they just took a traditional myth from a foreign non-Western country and adapted it, I would be very proud of them. They’re doing that for Brave, but they need to cast their net wider. Pixar could be the antithesis to Disney, who has mostly made films from Brothers Grimm and various European fairy tales.

Point. But, they were like, African Gorillas, plus they were only secondary to the story.

Or maybe a movie about old west.

I also would love one set in Germany.

I really want some adventure/comedy along the line of Ocean’s Eleven. Like a band of thieves coming up with off-the-wall crazy masterplan to steal something significant. I know that people might not be comfortable with this morally questionable theme and pretty unoriginal storyline, but having a gang of characters with different back stories and motives is just so Pixar.

I’d like that too.

Already been rumored to be happening.

That rumor was disproved, they don’t have anything western in the works. I would love a western, but not so soon after Rango. Maybe in a few years.

Oh Oh i have a great idea how about a pixar movie all about musicians and rock stars, to me that would be the Greatest pixar movie ever!!! :smiley: :slight_smile:

What kind of story do you think it could have?

Tehy can do a good story about anything. But that one wouldn’t interest me in absolute :frowning:

Sorry, but I don’t understand what this sentence is supposed to mean at all. Could you clarify please? :slight_smile: