Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Oh ok sorry.

In Prof. Farnsworth fashion:

“GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!” :sunglasses:

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs has just released a brand-spanking new trailer featuring the further adventures of the lovable Scrat, the sabre-toothed squirrel!

In the new trailer, Scrat has met his match (and potential love interest) in an equally clever and wily lady squirrel! Poor Scrat falls head over heels for her, but is she after his heart, or his beloved nut? Chaos ensues, which ends in a heart-stopping mid-air freefall ‘rescue’! It’s adorable beyond words! :wink:

The new official website has also just been set up, and another plot point has been revealed… [spoil]Manny and Ellie are about to have a baby![/spoil]

There’s some pretty nice soundbites for each character and neat wallpapers too. I can’t wait for the next installment to see more of Scratte (that’s Scrat’s sweetheart’s name!), “a dino-hunting weasel named Buck” and of course, the dinosaurs! :smiley:

Check the OFFICIAL WEBSITE HERE. The link to the new trailer is available there too! (Or you could just visit the Apple Movie Trailers website)

Oh, and can BDD or one of the mods please change the title of the post to Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs? The title ‘Another Ice Age sequel?’ sounds a little too informal, and I don’t want to start another thread. :wink:

thedriveintheatre: Yeah, just changed the title now. Thanks for suggesting that. When I first wrote the title, it was because I was a bit questioning when I first heard of it.

That pic is so cute! I never expected Scrat to fall in love with anything besides his nut, though.

Thanks BDD!
Did you watch the trailer? It’s EPIC WIN, the new love interest, the silent yet expressive body language on par with Wall-E and the classic Looney Tunes cartoons (and quite naughty, I must add, heheh!), the ‘twist’ at the end… I think Blue Sky has got another winner on their hands! :smiley:

On the one hand, the new trailer looks pretty funny and sweet, and I do sort of like some of their new ideas such as [spoil]Mannie and Ellie’s baby[/spoil]. But on the other hand, I never really properly saw the second one, and I’m not too keen on the characters as a whole (aside from Scrat, of course!) I do think it will do well, though.

Wow, Scrat and that lady squirrel?!
and,of course, the ‘nut’ or ‘acorn’ or …whatever

seems fun :slight_smile:

She’s got a hold of his nut. H’yuck.

I thought the first one was alright, I didn’t like the second one, the third doesn’t look good.

I have no comments on this. I love the original Ice Age more than Ice Age 2.

I don’t have much memories of the first, but I remember liking the second because they featured more of Scrat, and each character has their own ‘personal demons’ to overcome. And the scenery looked much more spectacular than the white-out snowstorm that was the first one. Not to mention the plot (love-interest in the clueless ‘possum’ that was Queen Latifah), dark themes (possible extinction), and the climax ([spoil]Noah’s Ark[/spoil]) was more spectacular, IMO.

Can’t wait to see which direction they’ll take their third adventure! Maybe the baby human from the first will make a cameo in the third? :question:

Yeah, maybe.
Another question if it hasn’t been mentioned yet, Why isn’t there Ellie and the Possums on the cover ? Well it’s not a big deal but when we first talked about IA3
i thought they wouldn’t even be in the film… :stuck_out_tongue:

I loved that new trailer with Scrat’s crush! Haha, he just [spoil]got tricked by a flying squirrel[/spoil]! Quotes a song: That’s what you get when you let your heart win… :laughing:

Nice new avi, thedriveintheatre!!!

Where can I find these new trailers of which you speak?

Here is a link to the new trailer of Ice Age 3: [url]iTunes Movie Trailers

I liked the first two Ice Age movies, and I am definitely looking forward to this. If it’s got more Scrat, it will probably be great.

TS2: I posted the link to the official website on the announcement post, just click on Trailers and they’ll provide a link to redirect to the Apple site. Or you could just click R2-D2’s link…
And thanks for the compliment on my avi! KA-POW! :smiley:

BDD: Told ya it would be good! :wink: What song is that by the way?

Pixar.rocks: Yeah, I was disappointed with the teaser poster of the Rex intimidating the male trio from the first film, but the new one features the entire cast along with Scratte!

Here it is in all its awesomeness! Hope I’m not taking up too much space for this post…

If you look closely at the sky in the background, you can see the twin possums Crash and Eddie hanging off a pterodactyl being ridden by the dino hunter weasel, Buck! :smiley:

Very Funny! I’m excited!!!

that is cute :laughing:

scrat needs to eat something soon or i’ll go crazy with him…this movie should have some potential if they can make it have good storyline.

lol! :laughing:

‘Ice Age’ is the only Dreamworks’ animation feature I’m looking forward to watch. I wish it’ll not be too much like Shrek! You know, they’re even making ‘Puss n Boot’ the movie!!! :angry:

Meh, I love dinosaurs, but anything by Dreamworks - I’m still ireful about them. :stuck_out_tongue:

I am just that close-minded. :wink:

Ice Age is by Blue Sky Studio. :slight_smile:

I’ve enjoyed the last two Ice Age films, so I am looking forward to this one too. Scrat is my favorite character, so hopefully he’ll get enough screen time.