How did you enter the Pixar fandom?

Having been born only about three months before the release of Toy Story, I can’t remember a time before I loved the Pixar films. The first two Toy Story movies (and now the third one as well) have always been my favorite movies, but I guess my true obsession with them didn’t begin until one day in summer 2009 when I was surfing the Internet and discovered that Toy Story 3 at long last was being made. I was really happy that day, because I had been waiting almost my entire life to find out what would happen to the toys once Andy left for college. Over time my obsession grew to not just Toy Story, but to all of the films and to Pixar itself.

That’s great, CowgirlJessie! i can’t remember not loving them, either. And I totally had a spaz attack when I learned they were making Toy Story 3.

I distinctly remember seeing Toy Story on opening weekend when I was 5 and loving it. At that same time, my mom gave me a video tape with Pixar animated shorts and I watched them often, my favorite probably being “Knick Knack” (these were the earlier ones). When A Bug’s Life was coming out in theaters, even as an eight-year-old I was already aware that it was a Pixar film and from that point, I always associated Pixar films with Pixar studios… Does that make sense? I know a LOT of people who confuse different studios, especially at a young age, but I had a strong sense of what came from where. And that made me admire Pixar more so because I knew just how awesome they were.

I would say the more extreme fandom came in high school, which started with a craving to watch Disney’s Peter Pan (possibly due to themes of aging and maturity), but I was horrified upon discovering that my mom threw out almost all my Disney videos. She said it was because I never watched them anymore, because, you know, I was a typical apathetic teenager, but I still had annual Disney marathons at that point. Anyway, so searching for Peter Pan led to craving other Disney films, and then Pixar films (which are equally enjoyable at an older age!), and then some others from Don Bluth, Studio Ghibli, etc. My freshman year of high school was one big nostalgia fest, basically, and it led to collecting Disney/Pixar memorabilia, drawing a lot of fan art, and developing a passion for the art of animation and storytelling.

So that’s probably where it started. :slight_smile:

I am unbelievably jealous.

I got into Pixar through watching A Bug’s Life and Toy Story 2 a gazillion times as a kid.

I’ve been a fan since I’ve seen Toy Story. But I think I enetred their fandom around The Incredibles.

I started following them when I was a kid, after Toy Story came out. I remember them having A Bug’s Life on their website as their “upcoming” project. I kind of drifted away from the fandom around the Disney buyout and Cars’ release, but WALL-E brought me back with a vengeance.

I was born in the year Toy Story came out, but didn’t get my first viewing until I was 2. Not long after A Bug’s Life came out (or was it Toy Story 2?), I recieved some Toy Story toys and some A Bug’s Life toys. I also got a Toy Story suitcase. Then Monster’s Inc. came out, and so I received some Monster’s Inc. stuff, including a Monster’s Inc. LeapPad. Then I got the Monster’s Inc. VHS for myself. Finding Nemo comes out, and on the same year, I had some VHS’s (Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2) handed over to me as soon as my sister graduated. I was also given a Finding Nemo blanket. Not long after I started wearing glasses, The Incredibles came out, and I collected some The Incredibles Happy Meal toys. And then, there was a Pixar pals Happy Meal, and I got a Dory. Cars comes out, and I was so fascinated, I collected some die-cast Cars figurines, a Cars poster, and even a Cars flashlight (which still works). Then, Ratatouille comes out, but I didn’t collect any Ratatouille toys. And that was the year I made the worst mistake of getting rid of my Pixar stuff (some still remain)! Then, WALL-E comes out, although I didn’t get the DVD until a year later. I immediately became addicted (now there’s that shyness I’m trying to overcome on that movie). But then, I didn’t get to see Up until it was shown at my church! Not long after, Toy Story 3 comes out, and then I collected a CD called Disney/Pixar Greatest, followed by the book, Pixarpedia (I still flip through it just so I could look at the pictures). I even started collecting some Pixar Pez (I have 19 Pez dispensers, and I have only 3 more to go: Hamm, Mr. Incredible, and Elastigirl). And then, Cars 2 comes out, and I have my own 25th-anniversary marathon, the one in which I saw Cars 2 on opening day, and then, at home, I start with Toy Story, and work my way up through every feature film in the order it was released, watching short films along the way, until I got all the way to Toy Story 3 on Day 11 (that’s one movie per day-with the exception of seeing Cars 2 on opening day and opening day being Day 1!). And then, shortly afterwards, my sister gave me the Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 1 DVD. Now, I can’t wait to see Brave, and thus I became a Pixar fan again after all those years of watching Pixar films, and thereby, causing me to join Pixar Planet. And, well, here I am-in the Pixar fandom. I also have 2 other Pixar books: The Wisdom of Pixar and a 25th anniversary color-scripts book. I also got to meet a Pixar animator named Michael Comet in Shelby, Ohio a while back (he signed my color-scripts book, and I was attentive and even waited patiently for a turn to speak over the microphone!). And now, I am taking some computer classes next year-including Computer Graphics, in case I end up working at Pixar. And this summer, I am hoping to go to Disneyland/California Adventure to photograph some Pixar stuff found there. And maybe, since I just met the Pixar animator, I’m hoping I’ll even get my own private tour of the studio-from the animator I just met, Michael Comet! True story.

I practically grew up watching A Bug’s Life and Toy Story 2, which we owned on VHS. I guess it wasn’t really until Finding Nemo that I actually started to get into the merchandise - I had a Nemo bedspread, Nemo plushies and an empty fishbowl with cut-out characters from the movie dangling from the lid with fishing line.
By 2010, I’d seen A Bug’s Life, Toy Story 2, The Incredibles and Finding Nemo more times than I can count, as well as Wall-E about twice and Ratatouille once in the park (for Australia Day our town puts on a gigantic outdoor movie night in the park - we sit one one side of the river and on the other they have a gigantic blow-up projector screen. Beats sitting in a dark movie theatre any day 8D ).
When Toy Story 3 came out, I bought the first 2 on DVD and watched them before seeing 3, and after the movie I went into a department store and bought a Mattel Woody doll, hoping to possibly get Buzz and Jessie later on. I saw TS3 twice in the movies after that, and bought the other 2 Mattel dolls after each movie.
Then, of course, I somehow found out about the Toy Story Collection line and ended up buying all the Pixar movies on DVD as well as spending endless amounts of money on these darn TSC toys.

I’ve started to get the Blu-Ray versions of the movies now as well, so there’s more money spent on Pixar stuff. I’m also in the process of looking for a good 3DTV to watch some movies on (my decision totally wasn’t influenced by the fact that TS1, 2 and 3 are available in 3D Blu Ray and Finding Nemo’s being re-released in 3D next year… much)

I’ve always been a huge fan of all things Disney, but especially Pixar. I think I was in kindergarten when I decided, after looking at some Disney catalogs, that Monsters, Inc. looked like a cool movie, so I received the DVD for Christmas and enjoyed every minute of it. For some strange reason, I had a soft spot for Waternoose (confession time: I still do!) However, it wasn’t until the summer between second and third grades that I became a true Pixar fan. It was at that time that my crazy extreme fangirl obsession with Buzz Lightyear began, so before you knew it, my room was filled with Buzz Lightyear everything (it still is!)

Several years later, I discovered some cool Pixar fan sites, including this one and Pixar Wiki. I’ve seen cool Pixar stuff at Disney World, seen The Science Behind Pixar exhibit at The Henry Ford Museum, and collected a multitude of cool Pixar merchandise. And my love for Pixar will always keep growing bigger and bigger…to infinity and beyond!