Finn and Holley

I’m obviously a Mater-Holley shipper, but regardless I still don’t feel the connection between Finn and Holley. I don’t see them as a Doc-Lightning thing either, but in a way they’re kind of similar in the mentor-student way. There just wasn’t any interest there between them that I can see. I think Finn would have to be some kind of perve for it to work XD

And I don’t think the year of the car’s manufacture has anything to do with the age of the car… for example, Lightning is a 2006 model (supposedly), meaning he’d have to act like a newborn in the first film. Besides, Finn is a custom model too, so he could be even older than Mater in theory.

LOL, yeah the year of make clearly has nothing to do with their age. In my opinion I believe Finn is older than Mater. I picture Mater to be in his forties while Finn is already into his fifties. He is quite active though so maybe he isn’t quite that old, it is hard to tell.

I actually see Mater in his 20’s or 30’s. Just because of his friendship with Lightning, who’s clearly a young hotshot, and then Holley is probably about Lightning’s age.

Wow, really? Yeah, Mater is at least 35 in my mind and no older than 50 I think. I wish we knew!

Late twenties, early thirties. But I really don’t know.

Actually, according to Mater’s passport seen in the Cars 2 credits, he’s like 54 O_o

Really?! That’s so weird. I can’t imagine Lightning being best friends with someone whose like double his age. :confused: I do agree with you, though, on Mater’s age because of his friendship with Lightning.

I always thought of the model vs. age thing too. Maybe cars age differently, like dogs. 8D

HAHA I actually LOVE that theory!!

I actually never thought of Finn being that old. Maybe in his late thirties, but I don’t think 50. Well he did call Holley a kid…

I don’t really know about Mater’s age either but he definitely doesn’t act 54 8D

…wut? Is that he actually age or a reference to his actor’s age?

IDK. Mater acts more childish to me. Car ages are strange and may or may not be a good idea for us to think about too hard. %D;

It’s actually John Lasseter’s birthdate.
So, maybe it’s just nothing more than an easter egg :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree about Finn. No older than 40, in my humble opinion. Since Holley is probably in her early 20s, I guess him calling her a kid is reasonable.

I’ve seen old people who act young. I even know a 70-year-old who started a stampede of cattle and was delighted about it afterwards. Kind of Materlike, no? :wink:

OK, so maybe I have over-estimated Finn’s age a bit but it is so hard to pinpoint. I think Mater and him are actually probably closer in age than we think but it is their actions and behaviour that throws us off. Too hard to tell!

Well I say Holly is in her twenties Finn is in his forties and Mater well if the passport thing can be considered canon we have his age confirmed.

I totally agree with the idea that Holley is in her twenties. I can’t imagine her any older or younger.

Guys.

I have discovered the truth.

Holley should be with Professor Z.

trollface

I just nearly burst out laughing, and I’m not the kind of person who laughs at stuff she reads online. :laughing: Holley and Z falling in love=disturbingly funny romance of the century.

^^^
Hahahaha, there’s a whole meme going on around Tumblr about Holley x Professor Z. It cracks me up. BTW, on an off-topic note, Captain America is waaay too much like Cars 2. If you watch it, you’ll find a Mater, Holley, Lightning and Professor Z. Z being funniest. But anyways…

Yeah, I swiped it off Tumblr too. The idea started because Holley’s RPer (I’m Sally in that thing, BTW) thought that it would be interesting to have Holley have a crush on him sometime between movie 1 and movie 2. Hilarity has ensued. XD

But I dragged us off topic. I’m so sorry. %D;;;;

You know, we talk about how Finn sort of took on a mentor role towards Holley, but what do you think Holley’s attitude towards Finn was?

I don’t really think Holly looks up to Finn as a mentor, even though he does give her tips and instructions throughout the film. I think she looks at him more as a coworker.