Favourite Up Quotes

Man, I haven’t see it like…2 WEEKS! Some of the lines worn off. Well, now I seldomly use it in conversations.

[spoil]“You give away Kevin. You…just give her away,”

“This is none of my concern. I DIDN’T ASK ANY OF THIS!”

Dug walks to Carl

“Master, it’s alright.”

“I AM NOT YOUR MASTER! AND IF YOU DIDN’T SHOW UP NONE OF THIS GONNA HAPPEN!”

Dug walks away

“Whether you assist me or not, I’m going to the fall if it kills me!”[/spoil]

To be honest, I can hardly remember any of the dialogue from the film, but I absolutely loved Dug’s [spoil]squirrel joke[/spoil]. Just the way he says it in such a matter-of-fact voice makes it even more hilarious. :laughing:

Here are some of my favourite bits:

Carl: I think I’ve made my position to your boss quite clear.
Worker: You put prune juice in his gas tank.
Carl: Yeah, that was good.

[spoil]Carl: Hey you! Yes, you in the suit! Take a bath, hippie![/spoil]

And then there is one line from the German version which is a bit different from the original (and in my opinion even a bit better).

When Dug returns with the ball after Carl has unsuccessfully tried to get rid of him and Kevin, Carl says “Kennen wir uns?” (“Have we met?”)

And of course I absolutely love the lyrics of “Spirit of Adventure” during the end credits. Too bad this is merely an instrumental piece in the German dub.

I love a lot of these quotes - really do

[spoil]
Russell’s quotes are made of win.
‘SAND… … … I’ve found sand!’
I do not know why I love that quote so much.

‘There’s no tigers in South America. Zoology.’

‘Tents are hard.’

Carl: ‘Let’s play a game. It’s called seeing who can be quiet the longest.’
Russell: ‘Cool! My mom loves that game!’

And Ellie’s quotes are cool too.
‘It’s like America… but SOUTH,’

[/spoil]

Up has so many awesome quotes. xD

[spoiler]Russell: Do you have to dig the hole before… or after…?

Carl: grosses out Aaaaaghh… none of my business!

silence for like five seconds

Russell: … Uhhh, It was before…![/spoiler]

xDD I just love how he acts like such a real kid. They’re definitely not afraid to ask…

little chef

[spoil]“It’s funny because the squirrel gets dead!”

Also, “Now it might sound boring, but I think the boring stuff is the stuff I remember the most.” NEVER fails to make me well up.[/spoil]

Glad to hear about that second one Netbug, I don’t get too teary there, but it’s my favorite line from Russell, besides [spoil] when he says “Cross your heart” to Carl at the campfire[/spoil]. :slight_smile:

[spoil]Well, I have a slight bias, because I lost my dad about 3 years ago. So the scene is rather emotional for me. It really hits home. ^^;

Awww, the “cross your heart” bit was totally adorable. [/spoil]

[spoil]Russell: hanging on to Carl’s floating house in fear “Please let me in…”

Carl: “No.” slams door

few seconds later

Carl: “Oh, all right.”[/spoil]

[spoil]Dug: “I can smell you!”

Carl: “…What? You can smell us?”

Dug: “I can smell you!”[/spoil]

And because of Dug I’m never gonna get “SQUIRREL!!!” out of my head. :unamused:

It’s probably been mentioned a few times, but I really like:

[spoil]“The small mailman has returned…”[/spoil]

Rostron, that’s one of my favorites! I love how Alpha says that; he’s so serious! [spoil]I love the whole running thing of them calling Russell “The Small Mailman” anyway.[/spoil]

[spoil]
“NONE OF YOUR MAILMAN FRIENDS CAN HEAR YOU.”[/spoil]

[spoil]I like you temporarily.[/spoil]

Some of the best quotes are during [spoil]the newsreel[/spoil]. I just love the way people talked back then in that era.

[spoil]“Spotlight on ad-ven-chore!”

“This aircraft was designed by Muntz himself and is longer than twenty-two prohibition paddywagons placed end to end!”

“And Jiminy Crickets, do the locals consider Muntz the bee’s knees? And how!”

“But what has Muntz brought back this ti-em?”

"And golly, what a swell monster this is![/spoil]

The lines I find myself quoting the most are…

[spoil]“I was hiding under your porch because I love you…”[/spoil]

and…

[spoil]the whole introduction to Russel… “Hello, my name is Russel, and I’m a Wilderness Eplorer…”[/spoil]

My sisters and I LOVE quoting that whole scene together whenever somebody knocks at our door! XD

[spoil]“Good afternoon. My name is Russell. I’m a Wilderness Explorer in tri-54, sweat lodge:12. Are you in need of any assistence today, sir?”[/spoil]

[spoil]“I was hiding under your porch because I love you.”[/spoil]

[spoil]“Hey you! Yes, you in the suit! Take a bath, hippie!”[/spoil]

[spoil]“I have just met you, and I love you!”[/spoil]

Just to name a few. :wink:

This has probably been said but its one that stuck with me. This may not be exactly what he said but [spoil]“I finally meet my childhood idol and he wants to kill me! What a joke”[/spoil]

[spoil]"Good afternoon, my name is Russell. Are you in need of any help sir?[/spoil] Such a cute line XD

[spoil]“We’re going to walk quickly and quietly to the falls with no rap music or flash dancing”[/spoil]

It’s okay guys, we don’t need to use spoiler tags when talking about Up as it’s been released globally now. :smiley:

LOL, I love that line ellie-jessie-eve! I wonder what ‘flash dancing’ is? :laughing: