Favorite Voice Actor?

Well, it’s hard to say for me. I think everyone did a good job. But I have to say that Joe Ranft was really good as Heimlich. I love it how he spoke that caterpillar with a German accent :laughing:
Another one of my favorite actor, or better actress in that case, is Hayden Panettiere. She was such a cute Dot -^.^-

That’s it. As I said before, I think every actor did a good job but those two are just my favorites.

You’ve got to be kidding. :astonished:

A113: Well, it is just my opinion. It isn’t Pixar’s worst, just the most overlooked or underrated.

This is an old thread and it hasn’t been replied to in ages so I’m going to reply to it… I always like John Ratzenbeger’s characters but beside him I like Joe Ranft as well. :sunglasses:

it would have to be p.t flea…just a great voice that can be used anywhere…

Billy Crystal was win. I didn’t just love Mikey, I love his other characters as well. Whenever I learn that there is a movie starring him, I’d just go watch it without fail. Like his character in “Father’s Day,” for example. That was great. :slight_smile:

Kevin Spacey hands down . He’s the reason I loved Hopper so much, and Hopper is the reason I like grasshoppers, which are cute. :wink:

WBoon- Uh, I’m not sure Billy Crystal was in A Bug’s Life

PixarPixie- I completely agree with you, Kevin Spacey really made Hopper into the great, intimidating and really rather amusing character that he is.

checks forum page Oh… right, A Bug’s Life. Yeah, I thought it was a general topic…

Yeah, Kevin Spacey was great, but that applies for me because I don’t know much of the other voice talents in the film. I love the Hopper blooper though.

“Are you saying I’m stupid? Ugh. This is the last straw. I’ll be in my trailer.” :laughing:

WBoon- Heh heh, I always forget what subsection of the forum I’m in. :laughing:

Yeah, the Hopper bloopers are possibly some of the best bloopers of all the Pixar films. I love how his ‘actor’ character actually seems like a pretty serious guy who can’t take a joke. :laughing:

Wow, no one’s posted here in about 7 months! But I’m gonna put in my 2 cents anyway.

I can’t choose a favorite character in this movie, as far as the character and the voice actor goes. I think that Dave Foley and Kevin Spacey were both fantastic in these roles, and really brought the characters to life. I feel like Flik is a very endearing character and someone that I can really relate to. Dave played him perfectly as the outcast trying to be noticed and feel useful in a unique way.

Spacey, on the other hand, made Hopper sound flat-out terrifying. Seriously, I think they way he played the character made Hopper as scary, or even scarier than Syndrome. Randall kind of has the same attitude as him, but I don’t think he’s as frightening. Hopper may be scary, and a complete bully, but he’s one of those villians that you just love all the same.

Although I don’t have a single favorite, I do have a favorite beneath these two: Ratzenburger as P.T. Flea. He was perfect as a greedy, money-obsessed bug. I bet P.T. would bet along nicely with Al! :laughing: P.T. is one of my favorite characters voice by Ratzenburger; the other is Hamm.

You know, after watching A Bug’s Life when I was young, I used to be scared of grasshoppers… just thought I might point that out.

When I was really REALLY little I got a toy of Hopper that had a motion sensor alarm and everything, but the voice kind of creeped me out, and it daunted me somewhat, just sitting there on my shelf, so my parents had to put it away until I was 7 or something. So, yeah, Spacey did a great job.
Oh, I must add that I thought whoever did Dot’s voice did pretty good, especially for her age.

I love Denis Leary and Joe Ranft in this movie.As a kid,I always loved Heimlich,and I remember the Sunday I heard Joe Ranft had died.I was,ironically enough,watching A Bug’s Life with my niece,who was 2 at the time.After the ride home,I had learned that he had died.I was so shocked.I just loved how lovable he made Heimlich.Recently,I was watching the tribute to him on the Toy Story 2 DVD,and he seemed like a great guy.No wonder Heimlich was so likable.

RIP Joe.What a amazing legacy he left behind.

I love Denis Leary as well. Though my favorite is either Dave Foley or Julia Louis Dreyfuss.

They all did such a good job! :stuck_out_tongue: I’m quite fond of Dave Foley, myself.

Dave Foley. Dave Foley Dave Foley Dave Foley Dave Foley David freakin Foley.
But everyone was excellent. It’s one of the big reasons I adore this film. Dave Foley, Hayden Panettiere, Kevin Spacey, David Hyde Pierce, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Brad Garrett, John Ratzenberger… etc etc. Like, seriously.

imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi278135321/

Yes. Since it’s the only Pixar film to have an all-star cast, I don’t see why it’s the most overlooked. :frowning:

Kevin Spacey or Joe Ranft. I think they are just brilliant. They bring so much to their characters.
David Foley did a pretty good job too :slight_smile: x

I’ll say Dave Foley. I love a lot of them, but he’s by far the best. And my favorite. :stuck_out_tongue: