Blue Sky Studios

I just saw the trailer. I love that Dr.

Suess story. This might turn out to be an intresting film. Thanks bill.

I’m a big fan fan of Blue Sky. Can’t wait for Horton and IA3. I was fortunate enough to

participate in a Q&A with Aaron Hartline who is the lead animator of Scrat. Very cool guy.

Jimmy Hayward ( director of Horton Hears a Who! ) also worked at Pixar.

Here are his credits:

Toy Story - animator
Monsters, Inc. - animator
Finding Nemo - animator
Robots - sequence director

I haven’t familiarised myself with Blue Sky Studios very well, but I am liking the trailer for Horton Hears a Who. :smiley: The animation of the water droplets is incredible, and the facial expressions are really funny. However, I’m not liking the fact that the big name actors are being attached to this film, but if they suit the role then I don’t have a problem with it.

The music at the beginning of the trailer sounds like the same music at the beggining of Night at the Museum…

Do any of you guys have box office predictions for when Horton Hears a Who! goes into wide release? Right now, I’m thinking around 60-68 million.

I think that sounds about right. Maybe a little more, in my opinion, but pretty close to 70-75 mil.

It’ll depend on how the critics take it. Should be pretty good, at least from my perspective. :wink:

I LOVE Pixar, and I LOVE Blue Sky. I even thought Blue Sky made a sequel better than Pixar did; I love Ice Age: The Meltdown, and I just like Toy Story 2. :frowning:

Here’s the official theatrical poster for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs.

The trailer is shown before Horton Hears a Who! for anyone who is interested.

Awesome Scrat animation.

You know, despite the fact that Blue Sky seems to be milking the cow for all it’s worth on these Ice Age films, the produce that they do churn out is, more often than not, both delicious and nutritious, and this latest sequel of theirs appears to be no exception. Henceforth, I eagerly await the theatrical release of Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs. (Anything with dinosaurs in it jumps to the top of the list in my book anyway; plus, I simply love the character designs for the terrible lizards in question. Heheh.)

Thanks for the poster picture, Bill! :wink:

– Mitch

On the one hand, it sounds cool, but on the other hand…Mreh. No matter how great the characters are (and in Ice Age, they really are great) I just don’t want to see the same ones over and over again. I’ve never seen Ice Age 2, and it’s not exactly had an impact on my movie-going experiences, so I’ll probably just pass this one up for something of better quality and a tad more original.

Ice Age 2 was … ehh … but the third looks promising, if not just interesting to watch. Nothing could ever beat the first though. :wink: Just saw the first on TV recently - the jokes never get old. xD

‘Horton’ has grossed around $45 million over the weekend, according to boxofficemojo.com

Jibiti: THose sound like really good numbers.

Here are the actual opening weekend box office numbers for Horton Hears a Who! :

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id … rsawho.htm

Here’s the Box Office Mojo article:

boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2465&p=.htm

I will post more box office numbers and more articles as they become available.

Oooh, intresting. THanks for the link Bill.

Here’s the official teaser trailer for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs :

movies.yahoo.com/movie/1810004564/video/7347085

Bill - Awesome. Thanks for the link!

I first saw the teaser trailer for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs while attending a theatrical presentation of Blue Sky Studios’ most recent production, Horton Hears a Who. Once again, their iconic character, Scrat, had me laughing along with his many pitfalls, and I highly look forward to seeing the third installment in the series.

In addition, here is the official website for Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs:

iceagemovie.com/

– Mitch

Well, it looks okay. I might end up watching it if I am convinced enough. THanks for the link Bill.

Imagine Blue Sky Studios and Pixar producing a film together.