Blue Sky Studios

Blue Sky has some very talented

artists under their roof. It’s a shame the stories of their films don’t do the visual look of them justice. (I

did like the first Ice Age though.) Actually, Blue Sky is probably second to Pixar as far as good CGI animation

goes. Those screencaps for Horton Hears a Who are incredible!

And they are also doing a third Ice Age movie. I can’t wait for that! :smiley:

…and, I believe, a [i]Robots

2[/i]! :smiley:

Wow. A Robots 2 and Ice Age 3? THis will be intresting. I hope they can pull it off. Doing a

sequel isn’t easy to do, let alone a third one.

Well, [i]Robots

2[/i] is at least rumored

Sorry, I should have said that in the

first place. :blush:

Blue Sky is also rumored to be doing a movie called Fox

Dogs, and The Leaf Man and the Brave Good Bugs. The latter being based on a William Joyce book, who was a

producer and the production designer for Robots.

Hey guys! New to the forums! :slight_smile:

I actually love

BlueSky. Although Ice Age 2 was… not very good… I loved Robots and Ice Age. Ice Age is definately their best,

but I loved them both. I just hope they’ll come back better with Horton Hears a Who- right now they’re pretty

much the only animation company aside from Pixar I really trust. Dreamworks lost my respect long ago. :confused: And the

others, aside from Disney, aren’t bringing much at all. Disney is slowly coming back with John in charge, so

I’m a little more trusting in Disney. So Pixar, Disney and Bluesky are pretty much the only companies I know

will put out something WORTH watching at the moment. :confused:

Blue Sky has some very talented and inspirational

people, so I hope they’ll continue to keep the quality of their films. I do hope they’ll play down the bad

jokes and all major celebrity casts though- because I think those are the only real blocks in their films. More

so in Robots- all the fart jokes and popular music gags- they were okay, but it would have been such a better

story with more… realism? I’m not sure how to put it, but hopefully you guys understand.

Anyway, kudos

to BlueSky. I hope they keep it up. :slight_smile:

I found this on Box Office Mojo a few days

ago:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=iceage3.htm

Blue

Sky? eh, it’s a take it or leave it for me. Of course, I am highly spoiled by Pixar, but eh, I did

like Ice Age, and Robots was cute

You’ve gotta be kidding me…

:unamused:

Oh well – I still have faith in them at least. The fact that I have

enjoyed all of Blue Sky Studios’ productions so far is a good sign, so I’ll probably see the third installment

of Ice Age

Thanks for the information, Bill!

:wink:

Mitch - Does it surprise you that they’re making a third

Ice Age movie ?

Bill - Haha – yeah, it kinda does. I really

thought that they were going to halt their production of Ice Age films after the

second one was released, but it is obviously apparent that I was wrong. (snigger)

Oh they are? I am not sure whether to consider

it good news or bad news. I didn’t see the second one.

well, it’s not bad it’s just… meh.

Googly-Bear - Yeah, it’s just…surprising. (snigger) :stuck_out_tongue:

^ I can’t help it if my animation tastes is picky!

:blush:

Well, the cast from the [i]Ice

Age[/i] movies will return for the third installment except for Jay Leno as Fast Tony. Now, I’m

really dissapointed by this because Fast Tony is my favorite Ice Age character. And

the guy they got to replace him? Robin Williams. Meh.

On a plus side, Gilbert Gottfried, who did the

voice of Iago in Aladdin, will also voice a character.

Bill - Heh. Well, at least the major cast will return. Too bad about Tony, but oh well. Robin Williams seems suitable enough for the role, even if things won’t be the same without Jay Leno…

And Gilbert Gottfried is back? Holy smokes! How long has it been since he’s voiced a cartoon character? It’s about time he returned! (snigger)

Thanks for the information, Bill! :wink:

since we are talking about Blue Sky Studios, I just wanted to say that I finally say Ice Age: The Meltdown. I thought it was funny and cute. The movie was really good. I missed all of the characters, though I was kinda creeped out by the new ones. BUt overall, it was a nice movie to watch.

Here’s the teaser trailer for Horton Hears a Who!

hortonmovie.com/site/index.html