Biggest Animated Film This Summer CARS 2 vs PANDA 2

I’m not going to shoot you but I’m going to be a little more sterner,then my two Cars counterparts :stuck_out_tongue: …Has it ever occured to you Badger and 1997 that it’s a Fictional Cartoon,it doesen’t exist,it’s not real…?There talking Cars…that should clue people in that rationality and realism are not foremost on the creators’ minds… :neutral_face:

For me, it’s not that I don’t know it is fictional cartoon, I do :slight_smile: . It’s just that I just really don’t feel the Pixar touch with Cars. The movie just never appealed to me. Also, it just bothers me that it’s Cars getting a sequel, when other Pixar films would probably have more potential. If I offended any Cars lovers, I’m sorry. :smiley:

I don’t think it’s missing the Pixar touch…I think it’s just as nice as the other ones :neutral_face: …I mean It’s still going to come out so I try to look at the positive instead of negative…But I see what your’e saying… :slight_smile:

Im going for Cars 2 but we have to wait and see. Cars 2 may get a better review because sequals are sometimes better.

the PIXAR TOUCH in Cars is there, one of the most beautiful parts is SH-BOOM, when Mcqueen fixes everything to show Sally, that scene is gorgeous, and when Doc appears in the Big Race at the end of the film and advice Mcqueen,that is such a touching moment, want more, its CORE message, winning is not always the most important thing

Agreeing with bryanbmp, I feel a Pixar touch to the movie too, especially with certain scenes like the one you mentioned but I understand what 1997 is saying, too. All Pixar movies have a certain distinct “flavor” to them that differentiates them from the rest, and maybe Cars’ was a bit too different for them.

this is easy… Pixar is more than just a movie maker for me. every movie gives me a whole new movie experience that i’ve always enjoyed even when i watch it over and over again, unlike others including Shrek or Panda. I’m really looking forward to see Cars 2 :slight_smile:

Well, I could feel the Pixar in Cars, but I have to say The Incredibles and Cars are the two most different Pixar movies for me. The Incredibles is more political and adult than the others, and Cars has a lower, more childish, DreamWorks-ish humor to it. So, they’re on opposite sides of the spectrum, but totally different from the others.

I think Cars 2 and Panda 2 will get similar grosses, though. I have no idea for the reviews.

Light-hearted dosen’t=childish :neutral_face: I think that’s where the mix-up comes in…

I love Cars. It’s in my top 5. I just think it’s the least mature. That’s not an attack, and adults can still love the movie. I just think it’s the most child oriented, rivaled only by the original Toy Story.

Hummm I don’t see what so childish about it… :slight_smile:

Fart humor. I don’t discriminate; I have the same feelings for the fart in Nemo. Cars is in my top5. That’s just my opinion.

I agree with this. My dad is an adult and his favorite Pixar movie is Cars.

I did not say it was childish, and I’m allowed to have that opinion, even though I don’t. My parents like Cars better than Wall-E; they say Wall-E is boring and long. I just think Cars is the most child-oriented and is a kid’s movie. I do not want you people to be upset; that is just how I feel. I am sorry I posted here; now let’s all forget it happened and be friends.

I see what you mean Virginia, after all as far as merchandise is concerned Cars is most defintely young male child oriented, to balence out the Disney Princess & Disney Fairy franchises.

Okay. :slight_smile: I just didn’t want anybody to be upset. I can’t say anything, even positive things, about Cars anymore… :frowning: I just get attacked all the time.

So if someone is politely trying to state why they disagree with your opinion that’s attacking? IV,no one is attacking you… :neutral_face:

[quote=“IncredigirlVirginia”]
My parents like Cars better than Wall-E; they say Wall-E is boring and long. quote]

My dad says the same thing. My mom just kind of goes along with whatever I say, so she never gives a true opinion. My dad always falls asleep in Wall-E though :smiley:

That was not polite disagreement. Disagreeing politely would be to acknowledge the opposing opinion, and then state why you disagree. I am never politely disagreed with, or at least not lately. Honestly, I’d like to be able to say whatever I think w/o being criticized. Every time I mention Cars, someone automatically butts in and says flat out I’m wrong. :confused:

Evangeline, that’s just like my parents!! I don’t get it.I guess adults are allergic to Wall-E or something. :confused:

Just because I don’t write that I acknowleged your opinion dosen’t mean I’m not being polite…Did I yell at you? No. Was I sarcastic? No…You act like your’e constantly getting hammered when that’s not the case…all I did was state how I felt…And I can do that if I want…I’m really getting sick of this forum…because people are way too sensitive about things and are always ready to jump on my back and quite frankly I’m sick of it… :confused: