Biggest Animated Film This Summer CARS 2 vs PANDA 2

Personally, I’m going to see Cars 2 and not Kung Fu Panda 2. KFP 1 was alright, but the second one doesn’t seem like something I want to go out and pay for.

And I think the one that will suceed with numbers and money is CARS. You ahve to remember Cars still has the “Disney” logo on it. If there’s one thing Disney knows it’s marketing. Plus studies have shown that mothers have more trust in Pixar and Disney than they do to Dreamworks movies.

Don’t underestimate the power of Disney.

I´ll see Cars 2 for sure.I didn´t like Kung Fu Panda :confused:

I’ll be honest, I’m looking forward to KFP2 a lot more than Cars 2. I just find that universe a lot more interesting than the Cars universe. Plus Charlie Kaufman is reported to have had a hand in the script.

Now regarding box office, Cars 2 will probably win in America but Kung Fu Panda should beat it easily worldwide.

I’ll be watching both but I’m a bit more eager to see KFP 2. Of course that’s because while I kind of like how Mater comes off, I’m still unsure with regards the spies thing so far. Could be great, but it could be absolutely terrible, there’s no denying it’s certainly very different to the original though but could work. I’m going to see it though for myself. It’s not to say I’m not in some way hopeful for Cars 2, but just my view on matters.

So I guess I ‘dare’ to doubt at least a little guys. :stuck_out_tongue: Whatever. I already have been at least a bit disappointed personally myself at Pixar (not to excruciating levels like Shrek the third really, but still), so actually that makes sense for me personally. Just saying.

Of course we have so little information on KFP2 don’t we? I mean I’ve only seen a teaser, so maybe after the trailer comes out I’ll be bashing my head aginst the wall and Cars 2 will be the one I’ll be more enthused to se by miles compared to KFP2 just edging ahead now. For now, because I have less information I’m a bit more interested in KFP2 for now I guess and I did like the original more than the original Cars. (Sorry guys).

I don’t understand how some people don’t trust Pixar that well anymore.

Most people say that out of hatred for Cars…

But anyway I’m going for Cars 2 of course!!!And I HATE Dreamworks… :smiling_imp:

I like them, I just don’t think they plan stuff out so well.

I still trust them, but I really don’t expect they’re aiming for anything profound with Cars 2 like their past four movies. Kids are the first and foremost audience in mind with this one. I’m fine with that, but it does mean that I won’t be anticipating it with bated breath.

Hey,what’s wrong with it being a kids movie?

Nothing’s wrong. But I don’t have kids, so I’m not anticipating spending $7 or more to see it in a movie theater.

I intend to see both, but I’m with the people who are looking forward to King-Fu Panda 2 more. I liked the first Cars okay, but it’s not among my favorite Pixar films and what I’ve seen of the sequel doesn’t hold a lot of appeal for me or strike me as having a whole lot to do with the original. I found Kung-Fu Panda to be surprisingly good, especially considering that I haven’t liked many computer animated DreamWorks films in the past.

That’s how I feel given what I know about the two films right now. I reserve the right to feel completely differently when I actually see them.

They really need to let out more information now. Not a lot like with Toy Story 3 though, I mean, one basically knew the movie going in. Cars 2 is still a bit of a mystery.

Neither do I, and I’m not spending $7 for this movie!

I’m actually spending $11, and I don’t mind at all! I can’t wait.

I don’t know how much a 3D IMAX ticket costs (I’ve never been to one), but the price of one of those, is the cost I’ll pay for them movie. Then, you need to factor in the billions of times I’ll see it in a normal cinema. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think that a Pixar Film is WORTH to be watched in IMAX 3D,

People!!!, we only have one opportunity per year to watch a real masterpiece, the only exception will be in 2012 when Brave, John Carter, The Dark Knight Rises, Monsters Inc 2 and Superman release, we will have to save some money

What are they like? I’ve never been to one.

the one I’ve been to is pretty big, the screen is like 2.5 bigger than the one from a normal theater, I guess, the auditorium looks like a stadium, and I felt that the graphics are more nitid, but that is just a perception, most cinemas have good screens with a good resolution

you should go to one at least for CARS 2, it will deserve, I know

I have no doubts about it looking amazing. It looks amazing on YouTube’s HD. :laughing: I could only imagine how amazing it will look that big!

If it was just IMAX, I might be willing to pay extra, but I never see movies in 3D. I don’t have true depth perception, so only the most extreme 3D effects register at all for me. Aside from those, I’d just be paying more money to watch a darker print of the movie.

I agree with inkandpixelclub and tribefan695. I believe Kung Fu Panda [/i]needs a sequel. The ending was the only thing I didn’t love about the movie, and Kung Fu Panda is in my top 50 movies of all time. Now, Cars is too, and I’ll still see Cars 2. Being disappointed in some of Pixar’s projects is not wrong, even though I’ve mostly gotten over that. I mostly meant in tribefan’s case. I am not saying any of this out of hate for Cars, because I love Cars. I just think (1) sequel for Kung Fu Panda is much more logical than one for Cars, and there’s more you can do with it. Just my opinion. :stuck_out_tongue: