Badger's other art

Darn, why’s everybody ignoring me! Well, except for Thedriveintheatre, he’s a really nice guy. :stuck_out_tongue:

But really, I’d love some comments on my art! Am I not worthy or something?

Here’s one of my newest pieces. It’s quite big so it’s linked.
fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/ … edebie.png

One day I was thinking ‘what if there actually was a sequel to Diddy Kong Racing?’ so I drew this. If it would happen I doubt Conker and Banjo will be in but I just can’t picture DKR without 'em…

and here’s one of my own characters, Legano.

You’re not unworthy, you just leave people speechless. :smiley:

I like the bird. Never seen one with a tail quite like that before. Very unique.

Aw, thanks, Badger! Here’s some advice: Comment on other people’s threads, and ‘win’ some fans! Then hopefully some will reciprocate. Oh, and I can also do with some feedback on my Fan Video and Fan Art threads from you too, you know? :wink:

Anyway, I really like Legano! I like her tribal feather designs (it’s a she, right?), how did you do them? Pen tool? I also like the hibiscus on her head (M’sia’s national flower!). Will she be the Rowdy comic or is she a standalone?

Thanks guys! Sorry I may act like a spoiled brat at times. xD

Legano is indeed a she and she stars in one of my other stories, named ‘Oriisu of the Ships’. It takes place on an island on which everything’s made of steel, and focuses more on humor than my earlier stories. Here’s the main character Ori.

She’s a Cloud Cuckoolander and plays the banjo. (that’s a shout out to one of my favourite games ever, Banjo-Kazooie.)

I did her markings with the Pen Tool indeed! Like almost all line art in my drawings. xD

Far-out! :smiley: Where can I read this ‘Oriisu of the Ships’? Or are you just posting character concept art at the moment?

I’m terribly sorry, I can’t post it. I wish to publish it once… and it’s all in Dutch. Sorry. xD

I don’t plan on making it as long though. Maybe somewhere around 10000 words. insert obligatory ‘over ninethousand’ joke here

Fairy 'nuff. :wink: Lemme know when you do get it published, I’d love to read it!

I’m making progress already! 8D

Oh, any of you guys heard of The Animals of Farthing Wood? It’s an old cartoon/book series from the 90’s. I loved it about three years ago (still do though) and this is my favourite character, Sinuous.

He’s the mate of Adder. Now, not many people may recognize him because he only appeared in the last season, season 3. I do however love how this came out. Those scales were about the single most detailed thing I’ve ever attempted to draw

I’ve seen a couple of Sinuous x Adder pieces while trawling through snake-related art on dA. I can’t remember the plot, but I do remember seeing the intro on TV when I was a kid. Must dig it up!

Oh, and great colouring! Still Paint, or you using a new program now?

Thanks! it’s100% Photoshop. 8D

“You’re moving up in the world! You gotta elevate your company!”

• Han, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

xD

I never heard of The Animals of Farthing Wood, but I still think it’s a really neat picture!!!

Thanks! It’s an awesome series. 8D

I’ve been busy making this guy lately. Out of a Littlest Pet Shop beaver.

You see, there’s a lot of communities out there who dedicate themselves to customizing Littlest Pet Shop critters. (small animal figures with bobbleheads.) I have been trying to make some for about three years now though this one is surely my best yet.

I think you all know how Conker looks by now, so you’ll recognize him. And no, he’s not for sale. Sorry. D:

Two layers of white paint, one layer of colours. Eyes are unedited. Beaver-tail was cut off and replaced with a self-sculpted, more squirrely tail. Feet were edited to be normal feet, not webbed feet, like a duck. Conker is not a duck. D:

Wow, that’s so adorable!!! How long did it take to make?

Thanks!

I think around 2 hours combined. What took the most time was… watching the paint dry. |D Oh, and hardening the tail in the oven, because it was made of FIMO clay. Later, it was superglued on.

I’m no professional, but I’m rather proud of the outcome. 8D

I may even customize some more. I dunno what, though. I lack good LPS figures.

Yay, I drewed more crud… er, art

This gal here stars in Oriisu of the Ships, yeah, and she’s some sort of witch… part snake, part Avien. (the species Ori belongs to, as well as all other humanoid birds on that island.) And her wand is a little reference to one of my favourite games, guess and win absolutely nothing

Ori meets the dragon who, apparently, stole one of her boyfriend Techmi’s cups.

Yay for excuse plots!
So yeah, both are traditional. I felt like doing that.

Holy buckets! I didn’t know your traditional art skills were this good! Honestly. It looks like an illustration for a book or something. I mean, how did you do the ‘speckled dots’ on her scales? Did you use markers? It’s just that you usually post your digital artworks done in Paint and all that, and then I suddenly see an ink-and-marker piece and it looks phenomenal! How long have you been doing traditional art? :open_mouth:

So what’s the bird-snake lady’s name? And no, I don’t get the reference about the skull. So if I don’t guess, does this mean I win something? :slight_smile:

The second picture is still good, but I liked the first much better? And I don’t understand the story about the second… so what are these cups? And what is this cave about? Who is who? XD

Anyway, I’m sure it’ll all make sense when you eventually unveil your comic! I’ll definitely buy it if you get it published and it’s distributed here! :slight_smile:

Very cool! I love how much detail both have!

Lol, thanks! I’ve been drawing traditional… almost my whole life now haha

Lol, funny thing is, I’m actually planning to put these images in my book. Still drawing some more of them, though, so it’s an image per chapter. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, Ori and the Dragon was done with fineliners and coloured pencils, while the snake-lady is all markers and fineliners. She doesn’t have a name, really. Her wand’s a reference to Banjo-Kazooie, one of my favourite games, in it is a shaman who has a wand with a skull with three red feathers on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

That dragon had, supposedly, stolen one of Techmi, another one of them bird things, cup. His most prized one. You see, Techmi is a nerd who collects drinking cups and mugs of all sizes. The dragon does, too, so Ori decided to go all the way there with her sister on a boat to retrieve the mug. In the end, though, it ended up being the dragon’s OWN cup, and she assigned Silannor (another Avien) to return it. As well as Techmi’s whole collection because he felt like not collecting them anymore and instead playing the banjo, much like Ori herself.

So yeah, it’s more of an excuse plot than anything. xD

Thanks again!

Just gotta say, Badger, I absolutely love the way you draw Mario and Luigi!! :smiley: I’ve seen some of your Nintendo art on dA, and you’ve actually inspired me to start drawing the Nintendo characters at one point!

Your style in general is adorable, and I love going through your art. :wink: You do an awesome job!