Are there any Disney movies that should be remade?

That’s fair, I guess. It’s just that all these sequels they’re churning out lately has made me think that it’s inevitable, and Bambi to me would be an example of an adapted property that they could possibly do something new and original with.

Yeah but it would sorta screw with the original. Sort of like after I watched the original, The Day the Earth Stood Still I wanted to slap Keanu Reeves. Remakes are good on some films but sometimes people need to leave well enough alone.

Well, I don’t think I’d be alone in putting more faith in Pixar to do a worthy remake than the guy who made The Exorcism of Emily Rose.

Oh, Pixar maybe could yeah, but it may be slightly redundant for the afficianados of both companies. I thought you were saying Disney do a remake 8D

I would be seriously opposed to a Bambi remake, by anyone. I don’t really like Bambi, but I still wouldn’t like a remake. I personally think, and this is just me, that Bambi is close enough to the source material for an animated movie that was aimed mostly at small kids.

Black Cauldron! Please please please - I don’t care if they call it a “remake” or “reboot” or what, someone needs to do a faithful adaptation of Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain books, be it live action or animated.

I’ve never read the books, but from what I’ve heard from people t.hat have, is that the Disney movie is nothing like the book (that’s not suprising). I think that if another studio made it, or even Disney did in live action and it would resemble the actual story, that’d be interesting

None of the Disney movies are correct. They’re the Hollywood equivalant of fanfiction, after all. However, I love TBC and would be very unhappy with a remake. Sorry for being lame.

I don’t quite understand what you mean by that.

Well, it means how it sounds. They take stories, and occaisionally rearrange the characters into shipped pairs, and change the entire story in many cases. I like it, and don’t care. But to my dad and lots of people, it’s very frustrating and not right.

Oh, alright, I see now. Thanks for explaining that!

No problem. I don’t mind elaborating my deranged ideas for friends. 8D

Pochahontas? Because of things gotten wrong?

Disney tried to make things a bit more “Historically accurate” in the sequel with the addition of John Rolfe. And we all know how that went! I don’t think they should remake Pocahontas, but I would LOVE to see them make an animated movie off of Sacagawea.

I agree entirely with Kenzie. The sequel was entirely accurate, except for Pocohantas’ death., Which was unnecessary. And I hated the sequel. 8D And a Sacagewea feature would be amazing.

Acttually most of the movie is unrealistic! Sure, she falls in love with Rolfe, visits England, and is regarded as a princess in court. But that’s where the similarities end! :wink:

Oh. Well, that was all I remembered, except for my not loving it. :blush:

…Pocahontas dies? :open_mouth:

In real life, not the movies.

actually Pocahontas was rebooted in 2009 by James Cameron, only that this time the movie tittle was removed for AVATAR and the main characters were not native americans… just kidding