Is Ellie Fredricksen already dead in Toy Story 3

we all know the amazing cameo of Up in TS3, the Carl & Ellie postcard that is on Andy’s wall,
well, I am intrigued in some events about this topic

Did Ellie already passed away when the events in TS3 happened, if so, how old is supposed to be Ellie, Carl and Andy
Is Russell younger or older than Andy?
What year is Up developed?
What year is Toy Story 3 developed?

I think

Russell is way younger than Andy. Like 9 years.

Ellie was dead before TS3

Up-2009

TS3-2010

Someone please argue with me.

That’s a good question. I guess we’ll have to find out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I don´t think that the events in TS3 were in 2010, it doesn’t make sense when we say that the first Toy Story was in 1995, when Andy was 6 or 7 years old,

But I am gonna tell you something that many of you could have not realized

In UP, we see LOTSO, this pink hugging bear is supposed to be an 83 popular toy, what is he doing in there with actual toys in a modern era, I know that Pixar put it as a Big cameo, now knowing this statement how do you organize these 2 stories

I don’t have a link for this, but I know I’ve read somewhere “official” that Up takes place in 2005 - The film begins in 1935 when Carl is 8 years old, and the bulk of the film takes place 70 years later, when he is 78. I think Russell is supposed to be 8, which would make him born around 1997. Since Toy Story came out in 1995, Andy has to have been born no later than about 1988/89, so yes, Russell is several years younger than Andy.

TS3 seems to be about 11 years after TS, so arguably takes place around 2006 (still in theory a year after Up). We don’t know how long Ellie has been dead before the main plot of Up, but presumably a few years.

As far as the little girl in Up having a Lots o’ Huggin’ Bear in her room - he could have been a hand-me-down, or come from a garage sale or something.

Would it of just been a Lotso-Huggin Bear or Lotso because Daisy got Lotso on Christmas and he was in a new box and everything. Also Up was maybe suppose to be before TS3 but Daisy replaced Lotso a long time ago and he went on his journey to Sunnyside.[/spoiler]

How is 11 years after Toy Story 2 2006?

Ellie could of been way dead when during TS3. I have postcards that I recieved like 10 years ago.

What do you mean?

I don’t think TS3 happened in 2006, based on Bonnie’s/Trixie’s MAC. It looks very new.

What I mean is that I still own postcards that I recieived more than 10 years ago. Andy could of recieved that postcard from the Fredricksons at any time, and kept it. For sentimental reasons or something. So Ellie could either be dead or alive during TS3, the postcard doesn’t revel much about it, just the fact she was alive when it was sent.

Haha, I love how you refer to the Mac as “Bonnie/Trixie’s”.

On a more related note, e-j-e, you bring up a great point. Unless we can find a post-mark on there, there would be no telling when Andy got it. And he’s the type to keep his Toys around for sentimental reasons, and even try to take one with him to College. So there is no question he’d hang on to a postcard that meant something to him.

Thanks. :wink: I love Trixie being a nerd. :laughing:

Yeah that’s true, he is quite sentimental. We don’t know the Davis’s relationship to the Fredricksons, but perhaps he was really close to Ellie, and kept the postcard in her memory or something.

and also Molly uses her ipod (we can see her earphones)

That’s true!! I don’t think I even heard of an iPod until like 2008.

It looks like an Imac that’s what I have. :slight_smile:

That could be true, because I have kept almost nearly every card/letter that Caitlin (this girl I’ve had a major crush on since the third grade) has ever sent/given to me. So, Andy could have gotten the postcard at any time. Heck, The Fredricksons might even be close relatives to Andy or something like that.

I thought it was previously established that when Carl and Russell see Star Wars, it was a re-release and not the 1977 version. Andy’s mom was definetally alive when Ellie was, so maybe they were friends, and possibly when Andy was a baby she sent it to Mrs. Davis as a congratulations card.

Technically, the card is to Carl and Ellie, not from.
Here’s where it is in Up:

It reads
“We are having a swell time! Wishing you were here!”
I can’t really tell who it’s from though. Emma Jean?

So, I have no idea why Andy has it. Maybe he went to Paradise Falls and stole it.