Honesty

Did you cry/tear up at the end of Toy Story 3?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Lets not try to keep this a secret…

Who else here cried/teared up at the end of Toy Story 3?

Im a big man, I’ll admit it. I cried at the end of toy story 3. I grew up with Toy Story and the story really hit home for me. I had blindly donated my childhood Buzz Lightyear collection when I was at the ignorant age of 14.
I regret giving them away but at least I can rest easy my Buzz Lightyears are giving a great deal of joy to some less-fortunate child. :slight_smile:

Anyway…admit it. Did you cry?

EDIT- If there are spoilers, please use spoiler tags! Thanks!

-lizardgirl

EDIT: I didnt mean for my story to seem like the spoiler. my bad! Now that I look at it, its my mistake, this is not a spoiler thread, I removed it from the title. Sorry there Lizardgirl my bad

Nope, but I came terribly close. I had to look away for a bit before I could look at the screen again. :slight_smile:

I probably could have if I tried, but crying isn’t generally something movies/tv shows can do for me. What makes me cry are real life events. usually deaths.

Yes, I teared up twice

[spoil]1. When Andy’s mom is in her son’s empty room[/spoil]

[spoil]2. When Andy gave his toys to Bonnie. [/spoil]

Yes, but only on my second viewing. I cried at the very end, when [spoil]Andy is saying goodbye to his toys one last time. Oh, and I also teared up a little at the Incinerator scene, even though I knew they’d get saved[/spoil] :slight_smile:

Yep 100% yea.
But all my friends on Facebook are saying. “I’t’s not sad, it’s funny through the whole movie!”
They are so wrong :laughing:

I teared, but I find it difficult to cry for movies nowadays. Maybe I got ‘desensitized’ from media overexposure and I can sort of tell when they are pulling the heartstrings or what to expect. Really, I used to be such a crybaby when it came to films.

But yes, it was very emotionally-draining yet bittersweet at the same time.

Whatever, tough guys. I bawled and wept like a BABY.

[spoil]First was the home video montage. It brought back so many memories of me when I played with my toys like that, and when Andy’s got his toys at the table with hats on. When Andy’s got them all sat together watching a movie. When “Our friendship will never die…” echoes eerily…

Then the next part I cried at was at the end of Chuckles’ flashback. Seriously, that’s just plain sad, and even more tragic when we realize who Big Baby really is on the inside, and how Lotso reacts.

Then there was when Woody reunites with the toys at Sunnyside. It made me tear up at how happy they all were. And then there was the grim sight of the garbage chute… if their escape didn’t work out, it was certain doom.[/spoil]

The next part I began to cry at was the beginning of the landfill scene. [spoil] When Woody looks out at the landfill, I thought, "This is it… it’s here the toys will meet their final destiny…

When Rex screamed as the bulldozer pushed them all onto the conveyor belt, I realized how up shit creek the toys are, and how scared the toys are.[/spoil]

Next was… [spoil]the incinerator scene. Of course, it was absolutely horrifying, heart-wrenching, and saddening to see my favorite toys in all of history facing death with such bravery and love. By then, I was only silently weeping. But when it was revealed the Aliens saved them… oh I broke down completely. I had never cried, laughed, and cheered so hard in my life.[/spoil]

Then as [spoil]Woody said goodbye to the other toys… it made me so sad. Just so sad. And then, when Andy’s mom looks at Andy’s empty room… oh…[/spoil]

And then the ending. Beautiful, and the best ending to the greatest trilogy of all time. It hit every single emotion perfectly. Then as [spoil]Andy and Woody say goodbye, it’s like we’re saying goodbye to the toys, and thanking them for the great times they’ve given us.[/spoil] Then the final shot… if Toy Story 1’s opening shot took us in with the camera into Toy Story’s world, then Toy Story 3’s shot took us out with the camera. Perfection.

Then I wept so hard on the drive home, as it really hit me with those last 20 minutes.

EDIT- Just added a few more spoiler tags to some spoiler-ish material.

-lizardgirl

i did cry…but like manny others, toy story was a big part of my childhood, so i had to say goodbye to the toys (bye woody!:cry:)
but i also cryed at the end of toy story 2 because I figured that they were probaly not going to make a 3rd one…but that was 11 years ago.

Only on the second viewing did I cry during the [spoil]incinerator. But the first and second viewing I could feel the tears starting from Andy’s “They, mean, a lot to me” to him waving goodbye. Then I started dropping the tears when Bonnie makes Woody wave goodbye, and more so on the “So long, Partner”[/spoil]

What a good topic! I thought of straing one like this myself.

In general, I think that Toy Story 3 is not so funny as two ither parts - it’d more dramatic or just full of adventures, I didn’t feel that “waterfall” of jokes beating down on me from screen, like it was in first and second parts. But that’s its strong point, definately.

I don’t often cry at movies, even serious ones. For example I’ve never cried at Titanic and my mum said I was just small enough to understand. About 12 by that time, but all the girls of my age were mad about “sweet Leo” and wept again and again watching it. Love stories never touch me much.

But when I came to see Toy story 3 its first day, in the morning, they delayed the beginning for 20 minutes. There was wrong time on tickets sold more than 2 days earlier. They just let us in and then wait. And during that 20 mkinutes before I finally saw TS3, I was already nearly crying. Because I remembered myself 10 years ago, when TS2 came out. remembered how it meant a lot to me and then how I rejected my love for it.
I thought that I myself was at that ime surely more optimistic, like “wow, I’ve got a whole life ahead and I’m going to dpo a lot of things. To write a book, for example!” But 10 years, whole 10 years, have passed, and I haven’t achieved anything at all. Just became more gloomy and pessimistic and love life much less.
And now I’m watching Toy Story again…
When it started, I was just terribly happy to see all that characters again. Truly, it was a homecoming.

And during that [spoil]incinerator scene[/spoil] I was just thrilled, terrified. I clenched my fists and wished to get completely into the chair, to cuddle up… I was just scared, even though I knew this HAD to have a happy ending, that it doesn’t happen any other way with such movies, I was really worrying for characters. Started thinking: what if it didn’t end well for them after all?

And when[spoil] Rex said “I can see the light, everything will be alright”, but then they saw it was not just lihgt[/spoil], that was sooo dramatic…

I left the cinema with strange feeling that day, a mixture of true joy and sadness.

I didn’t cry, honestly, but I don’t think I’ve ever been that close to crying in a long, long time. I mean, I grew up with Toy Story, and it really does hit home at the end. It’s another reason I loved the movie, it wasn’t just about trying to be funny, it actually had heart, and a lot of it.

I could have sworn I answered this yesterday, but I must not have hit the right button.

Ohhh, yeah, I cried. (I am a big sap when it comes to movies, however.) Got a bit teary the first and third times, but on Trip 2, I had tears rolling down my face from the point where [spoil]Andy’s Mom is hugging him in the empty room[/spoil] all the way to the end. And I can tell you what is the “most teary” moment for me, (much as Carl’s reaction at reaching the end of the Adventure Book is still the most emotional moment to me in Up): [spoil]Bonnie making Woody wave goodbye.[/spoil]

The [spoil]incinerator and Andy giving everyone to Bonnie [/spoil]are the moments that really get me. I was hinted to both beforehand, but I had no idea how they’d play out, so it was still incredibly emotional. One of the big things though, in that incinerator, was that I knew that Lotso would leave them to die there, but I had no idea what happened next. So when Jessie says “Buzz, what do we do?”, I immediately thought “Yeah, what do you do?”. Once Buzz takes her hand my heart sank. I only teared up, but I definently would have cried if they spent another second in there.

Im a guy and 19 and I admit I cried. [spoil] the part will Bonnie waves Woody’s hand and Andy says "Thank’s guys and drives away to Where Woody say’s “So Long, Partner.” [/spoil] Some of the sadest moments Pixar has made.

I remember the film really getting to me the moment when [spoil]the toys are all slowly falling towards the incinerator and they’re all holding hands. What I especially liked was when Buzz reached out his hand to Woody, because it showed how much all of them had grown as friends and family compared to the first film where Woody and Buzz were fighting all the time.[/spoil]

What’s funny is that I’ve seen comments from other people on that scene where they argue that there was no point in dragging it on for so long [spoil]if they were going to be okay anyway[/spoil]. I do kinda think suspenseful moments like that are more effective when it’s your first time knowing the characters and you’ve seen the movie without knowing anything ahead of time, but I guess it’s been used so much in films that people treat it like it’s a cliché. I was still really caught up in that scene though.

I bawled my eyes out at the end! Even though [spoil] it was both a sad and happy ending, and even though it was obvious that the toys would be happy with Bonnie, it still made me upset. So much had happened with Andy and his toys and I loved that he sort of realised that, and when he gave the toys to Bonnie and he introduced each one individually…Yeah, that really got to me too.[/spoil] Beautiful stuff.

I cried at the moments you would expect one to cry at during all three viewings.

I also started crying the second the movie came on and that wonderful Toy Story logo appeared. I guess this series has just meant so much to me during my life.

Yeah I’m gonna be dead honest here, I CRIED. And HARD.

Not only in the end, but in the [spoil]beginning re-enactment, the montage, almost any reference to past stuff, the part when they almost were gonna die D: the part where everything was alright again, and the part when Andy and Bonnie played together with their toys and when those old TS1 styled clouds were in the sky fgsgfd <3[/spoil]

Among other parts. Really, I lost count. Honestly. This may be even the most emotional Pixar film since Up!

Yes, I cried.

I know saw the film three times, and I cried every time at the end. On my second viewing, especially, I cried more than I ever did with a Pixar movie. Maybe it’s because, [spoil]just as Andy is moving on, saying good bye to his childhood, with this (presumably) last Toy Story episode, I’m saying good bye to my childhood too.

Time to grow up ? I’m afraid so[/spoil] :frowning: