Anyone see the new trailer?

I liked it, though when they showed Andy growing up he did not look the same as he did in TS1 and TS2 at all, must be the new animation!

The first few moments of the trailer, with “Young Andy” was my absolute favorite portion. It was beautiful.

And you’re right, Andy looks quite different, though I think they handled his appearance perfectly. They improved his model immensely, but it’s still obviously the same character. It was a perfect balance.

I completely agree with you

and the Hispanic Buzz was a little over the top though lol

I already made my opinion known in the other thread…Everyone else is pretty much talking about the trailer here: So who here is going to see the Double feature?

Where might I be able to view this new trailer?

It’s shown along with the TS1&2 3D Double Feature…:wink:

:mrgreen:

That’s about the double feature… not specifically the trailer…

They showed the wrong trailer at my theater. I didn’t care how weird it looked griping about an advertisement, I went up and complained. They gave me a new ticket for another time, but I’m still annoyed. :neutral_face:

Lee Unkrich said via twitter that those of you who did not get the TS3 trailer should tell him the name and location of the theater and he’ll “correct” them.

This trailer got me seriously stoked. 1 word.

Andy

Just, wow. That alone blew my mind. I’m really anxious to see this film now.

The double feature was great as well!

Lee Unkrich = WIN :slight_smile:

ffdude: If you had to rate the TS3 trailer out of 10 (10 being best), how much would you give it? :slight_smile:

TDIT: I’d say an 8 or 9, my only complaint is that it ended abruptly. The change in [spoil]Andy’s room, and Andy in general, especially younger Andy[/spoil] was really shocking, but very very cool, I like it a lot. I love what they did.

My summary of it, then thoughts.

[spoiler]Disney/Pixar logos show in a grainy 4:3 image. We see home video footage of Andy around 6 or 7 years old, playing with his toys. There were some noticeable changes to his design, but for the better. A Randy Newman song plays in the background, I think it’s new. Anyway, many shots of Andy and the toys in home videos. Running on the lawn. Watching a movie. ( i38.tinypic.com/2ngydfl.jpg ) Running in the autumn fields, similar to how Emily did with Jessie.

Cut to Andy’s graduation picture, no longer 4:3. We hear mom’s voice. “Andy, college is just three days away, what are you going to do with these toys?” Andy is sitting at his desk in his room on the computer. He looks naturally older. His bangs are angled towards the right. He opens up the old toy chest, and takes a long look at Buzz and Woody. The Newman song concludes at this point with a long shot of Woody looking at teen Andy’s room. Literally every inch of the wall is covered with a poster. Woody and the gang are very worried. Woody tries to reassure them all.

“THIS SUMMER”

Cut to the toys walking in a daycare. At first, the lighting is bright and everyone is excited. “New toys!” Rex says. Suddenly a herd of kids barrage in through the door. We see the kids abusing the toys; Buzz gets slobbered on by a little girl, etc. Potato Head and Mrs. Potato Head get completely mangled. “Is this my arm?” “No, that’s mine, this is yours.” “Have you seen my eye?”

“NO TOY GETS LEFT BEHIND”

Woody has a meeting with the gang. “We’re busting outta here!!” He announces. In their escape, Buzz takes a big fall and goes unconsious. Hamm finds an instruction manual; “How to reset a Buzz Lightyear…” “Use a paperclip!” “Rex, use your finger!” Rex hits the Buzz reset button and Buzz springs into action. At first he seems normal until he starts speaking in Spanish and dancing. The rest of the trailer is pretty much just fun with Spanish Buzz, but we see some outdoor scenes, implying they escape the day care and begin a search for a new home.[/spoiler]

As for my thoughts:
[spoil]A really good trailer. The beginning was very touching, and from there it was exciting seeing the toys again. My only problem is how they just end it with Spanish Buzz, with no hint at what happens to them next. Also, I didn’t notice Bo Peep anywhere; is she gone?[/spoil]

It would be nice if it were online right now so I could watch it over and over again, but it’s not…

Does anyone know if the trailer is being shown with the single Toy Story re-release, or do we have to wait until the re-release of Toy Story 2? I really want to wait and see it in the cinema for the first time, so it has its full impact.

From what I know, it’s not playing in the UK with TS1.

Ah, okay, thanks Bryko614. The next time I go into the cinema I’ll probably ask just in case, but you’re probably right. Guess I won’t be seeing Toy Story in 3D, then.

[spoil]She belongs to Andy’s sister, doesn’t she…?[/spoil]

Doesn’t sound like Woody and Buzz’ll stay with Andy like I hoped

Thought about the trailer last night, and I’m really intrigued with how the movie’s gonna end, like where the toys will be. Should prove to be an interesting ending, could be bittersweet, or just totally amazing. Then again, I have very few details, so I’m just speculating.