Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Are you exicted for this movie?

• Heck yeah! I loved that book!
  • Yeah. It was a book?
  • No. I hated that book.
  • No. Why did they have to ruin the book?!!
  • No. I didn’t know it was a book.

0 voters

I learned a long time ago that this would be a movie, but I didn’t know if it was real or not, so I didn’t make a topic about it. :laughing: Anyway, I just saw a teaser for it on the Open Season 2 DVD. I read that it will spoof films like Twister, and Independence Day. This will be in “mouth watering” 3D, and be made by Sony Pictures Animation. :stuck_out_tongue:

That was my favorite childhood book. I’m really excited to see the movie! I hope it turns out to be good. :slight_smile:

I loved the book and read it many of times. I’m excited for the movie. It seems like Sony is starting to make a lot of book-based movies.

Sounds interesting. Although I’ve never read the book and have no idea what the plot’s about. But I’m always up for another movie by Sony Animation, they did decently with Open Season (which was bleh with the toilet humour) and a much better job with Surf’s Up (the latter of which I feel is underrated, probably because people thought it was another cash-in on the penguin movie craze, which it wasn’t).

Can’t vote any of those options. Gonna have to wait and see how it pans out. Seems like something that will be hard to turn into a feature length movie, but at the same time the lack of much plot leaves open so many possibilities.

Never heard of it, but it sounds pretty intriguing, to say the least. :laughing:

You’re right about that. Next they’re making The Smurfs (which is a TV show). :wink:

cloudywithachanceofmeatballs.com/

Trailer is out.

That looks like it would be really good. Thanks for the trailer link! :smiley:

Bit of a weird title and concept, but I wouldn’t mind seeing this. The colours are really pretty and I think kids will like the story, at least, because it’s silly.

Trailer’s pretty cool, just saw it this afternoon. It looks pretty much like a light kid’s movie, but then again, I’m definitely not angry about that because the book is a light kid’s book.

That looks so totally wicked, vastly more entertaining and with a higher tempo than most trailers for animated movies and with UK and US release (according to the website) simultaneous… Wonder if Pixar and Disney can learn from this adventure by Sony? I doubt it!

I vaguely remember this book. I really liked it, from what I remember.

I might see this…but I dunno. It seems like a lot of slapstick to me.

…Flint’s a cutie, though.

I wrote that in a hurry. Here’s what I actually think about it. It looks like it would be very similar to Meet the Robinsons. Probably even worse. :astonished: Also it looks like it would have the same kids jokes used in Horton or, well, you get the point. I was pretty excited for this too. They had to ruin such a good book. After all, I haven’t seen it yet. :unamused:

Looks like Sony’s going the DreamWorks route of 2 films a year. :unamused:
I like the colour palette and the realistic depiction of the food, like the hamburgers falling apart and the jello bouncing. When the spaghetti dropped onto the people, the weight and even sound of it was just about right.
At least it looks like world hunger may be solved in the film.
Probably get people drooling as much as Ratatouille. :laughing:
I can predict a lot of fast-food tie-ins coming our way, people…

And if Anton Ego was a film critic, Sony would probably have reason to be worried. :mrgreen:

:laughing:

TDIT - What other Sony movie is coming out this year?

Oh, it’s that dumb direct-to-video release of Open Season 2, which totally ruins the greatness of the first film. Oh well. :cry:

Just saw the trailer, which looks like it could be fun. I don’t like how they describe how it is happening. The book is left far more open and while the food falls it is funny, but then the people have to leave. It seems to me it could have been a much more successful short film 7-10 minutes instead of feature length. Oh well.

The animation looks pretty good, but there’s not much detail in people’s faces. Only round shapes with eyes placed on them. I do like the colors though. Hopefully it’s not too much slapstick, and is more magical… but I doubt it, that’s Pixar’s specialty.

I would agree with you about it being more successful as a short. Come to think of it, I would much rather have it as a short than a feature.