WALL•E Advance Screenings!

Ok, I didn’t want to make this thread unless I was sure there would be some advance screenings, but I think I stumbled across some information that indicates WALL•E advance screenings are taking place in six locations in the US on the 23rd/24th June. Granted it’s only a few days before the release date, and not as many cities as with Ratatouille, but it’s better than nothing, I guess.

According to the Film Metro website, here are the cities that will have advance screenings:

Portland, OR SOLD OUT
Date: Mon June 23, 2008
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1467[/url]

Seattle, WA SOLD OUT
Date: Mon June 23, 2008
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1488[/url]

Denver, CO SOLD OUT
Date: Tue June 24, 2008
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1471[/url]

San Francisco, CA SOLD OUT
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1489[/url]

Santa Clara, CA SOLD OUT
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1490[/url]

Sacramento, CA SOLD OUT
[url]http://www.FilmMetro.com/events/view/1491[/url]

My guess is that you have to sign up as a member to the Film Metro website and check back around June 16/17 for more information or to request tickets - make sure to be prompt because I heard that these tickets will go fast! If you do sign up, let me know if this information works and is correct. If you know of any other websites/media outlets that are giving away tickets to advance screenings, especially if they are in different cities to the ones above, please post here.

[url=http://pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3060][i]WALL•E[/i] advance screenings in the UK[/url]

:wink:

Thanks, rachelcakes1985, for posting these! I am fortunate to live very close to one. I had no idea websites like that existed…are they legitimate?

I’m just going to wait until opening day, anyway. It’s more exciting on opening day, and I’ll get to support the box office opening weekend!

And it’s days like these when it stinks to be a Floridian. :unamused:

Ah well, I’m sure the wait will be worth it. :smiley: Thanks for the info, Rachel!

Ditto, CGI!!

How awesome! Thank you very much for the list, rachel! :smiley:

Like TheIncredible, I shall also wait to see it on opening day, mainly because the locations of the special screenings in California are a bit of a distance away from my area. Just as well, I’ll enjoy seeing it on its release date nonetheless. :wink:

– Mitch

What, is Texas illegitimate now? There’s Dallas, Houston, San Antonio… I’d say it stinks to be a – (gasp) covers mouth I almost said blasphemy! :open_mouth:

I’ll settle for opening day. Boy, I could’ve been disowned!

~Sarah

YES!

Wait, 3-4 days ahead? That all? Pfft. Not worth the trouble… maybe.

I’ve updated the original post with details of a couple more advance screening ticket giveaways. :wink:

I really wish they’d do another sneak preview that was scattered all over the country like they did with ‘Ratatouille’ last year. I wonder if maybe doing that affected the opening weekend box office sales and such somehow…

Film Metro does work! I just got some tickets for Get Smart on Monday. You’ll need to get there over an hour before the showing…and of course lets not forget…Love Guru tickets went in 10 minutes…this will go in no time…you’ll need to get on the second they go up.

Ryan - It’s not because last year’s preview screenings for Ratatouille didn’t work, or that they had a negative effect (in fact they were quite successful in creating buzz around the movie), it’s because WALL•E is very anticipated already, and the public’s awareness of the film has built up naturally, so they don’t need lots of preview screenings to get it out there… I think they are just doing these small ones here and there in the US and Canada to meet halfway between doing some previews, and not doing any at all,

Newt - Cool! Glad to hear that this method actually works. Once again, if you are planning to sign up for tickets, get in quick and keep checking the website for details, everyone.

This is weird.
There might be a screening in Kansas City, Mo. (USA)

This is from a Kansas City newspaper, and it says it’s on the 24th at 7:00pm, though it doesn’t say where (what city), and the entry form are pull-down menus that even ask for your state. Hm. Anyway, if you live in or near Kansas City, you might want to have a look.
kansascity.com/entertainment … 59756.html

Thanks for that info, miafka. I’ve added that to the list. :]

If you haven’t looked at the original post lately, I strongly suggest you do, guys - there are a lot more screenings than originally thought, including a couple more in Ontario, CA and others in Kansas and North Carolina.

there are a lot more screenings than originally thought, including a couple more in Ontario, CA

I looked on the list, but couldn’t find the Ontario screening listed for California – until I realized you meant “Ontario CA” (as in Canada), not “Ontario CA” (as in California). Ontario is also a suburb of Los Angeles (with a large mall and lots of screens). Thought there’d be a screening down here in the LA area. Oh well… :sunglasses:

The list has been updated with advance screenings in Austin and Houston (TX), Atlanta (GA), Charlotte and Raleigh (NC), Nashville (TN), and San Diego (CA)! :mrgreen:

miafka - Oh, sorry. I should have clarified. What about the three Californian screenings in the first half of the post (the ones run by Film Metro)? Not sure if you live close enough to go, but there are advance screenings on 24th June in San Francisco, Santa Clara, and Sacramento

But I’ll keep an eye out for screenings in LA for you. They seem to be having them everywhere else, so hopefully one will pop up soon there. :]

Grr, why isn’t there anything in Miami, FL… ever!!

Here’s another one I found in the “96 Hours” section of the San Francisco Chronicle:

Although it doesn’t say when and where the screening is, it will probably be at the Sony Metreon theater downtown on Monday the 23rd (since that’s where they usually hold their screenings, but don’t quote me for it). There is a disclaimer in small print saying that they give out more winning tickets than they can accommodate.

As a side note, I had the lucky opportunity to go the SF Chronicle’s Cars screening when they had it two years ago, and I sat a few seats away from the Chronicle’s reviewer, who just so happened to give it a very negative review. Needless to say, I was pretty frustrated at him and his blank face throughout the entire film, but whatever.

Thanks for the advance screening information, TheIncredible! I’ve added it to the list. :mrgreen:

The list has now been updated with advance screenings in San Francisco (CA), Grand Rapids (MI), Philadelphia ¶, and Vancouver (Canada). Don’t want to get your hopes up too much, but I have a feeling there may be a bunch of advance screenings coming up in several cities, but I have to wait and see if this eventuates…

Just a little update of an advance screening in Los Angeles (CA), promoted by Radio Disney.

I keep hoping for a sneak screening here in Chicago, but nothing. :cry:

I’d like to see it early, as the Saturday after Wall-E comes out, my friend has her wedding on that Saturday. I almost thought of giving them movie passes with a note saying it was for them to see Wall-E.

Wall-E to me seems to be the perfect date movie…alas, I am like Wall-E watching ‘Hello, Dolly,’ putting my fingers together. :frowning: