Toy Story 3 Pixar References

They reuse a way that they reuse it, lol.

I saw the bee,too! :laughing:

This might seem a little bit out-there, but I’m pretty sure there’s some references to the Toy Story video game. The applecore in Andy’s room, and [spoil]Buzz climbing through the vending machine[/spoil] representing the Inside the Claw Machine level.

And the alarms from Sunnyside were recycled from the Toddle Tikes Firetruck alarm. Not sure if this was a reference or just a short cut, though.

I think [spoil]Lotso’s gang hiding inside the vending machine[/spoil] is more of a callback to the first film where Buzz climbs into the claw machine and encounters the aliens than the video game based on it. The thing I kind of laugh at now about the video game levels is how big they make everything inside the claw machine seem with the gears and mazes, when logically all they did was go through the small prize door and jump into where the aliens are.

Oh, and Andy’s room is only about as big as a football field. I also thought Sid’s room couldn’t get worse, but when you add up the bug infestation and active fireworks, I think they might’ve topped it.

I just got back from the film, and I can guarantee that you do. They show it just as soon as Bonnie puts Woody in her backpack but only for a split second.

I noticed this in The Essential Guide, not in the movie, but [spoil]Bonnie has a photo of Dug in her room[/spoil].

Oh yea! You’re right! You see it multiple times, and it’s not a sticker but it’s sowed on!

a good reference to the second toy story is when [spoil]slinky jumps up to roof ledge instead of off it.[/spoil]

[spoil]Bonnie also has a Dory bandage on her leg.[/spoil]

Is it just me, or did it sound like a bit from “Part of Your World” when [spoil]Andy looks at the toys before stuffing them in a trash bag.[/spoil] It sounds like the lines “Look at this stuff. Isn’t it neat.”

I think that’s actually a bit of score that originated in Toy Story 2. It’s a little slice of of Buzz’s theme. But it does sound quite a lot like that song!

It surprised me to see the Pizza Planet truck in this, I actually noticed it without any help and that’s the first time that’s happened to me. I wasn’t even thinking about it when I went into the movie. I can remember what happens with it, but I forgot what part of the story it was in. Can anyone help me?

[spoil]Lotso, Chuckles, and Big Baby ride on the bumper of the truck in the rain after Lotso snaps during the flashback. It hits pothole and they fall off and end up at Sunnyside.[/spoil]

I thought the same exact thing in the theater! I’d think it would be weird though if they put Little Mermaid references in a Toy Story movie :confused:

A nitpick, the Wally B is actually stiched. Anyone mentioned the beaver on Andy’s toy box from the Midway Mania ride?

The music when Slinky appears in the opening seems remeniscent to Star Wars when the Sand People appear.

the way slinky appeared also reminded me of a normal slinky going down stairs XD

Here’s an interesting one I’ve not seen mentioned anywhere else:

Mr. Potato Head’s LEGO model of Andy’s House shows up on the shelves of the daycare center while Ken and Lotso are giving the toys a tour. It pops on screen for only a brief period in the “Meet Ken” Clip, but as that scene is longer in the film itself, the camera pans farther and it’s easy to see then.

You can just barely see it on the far right-hand side of this screen:

And here it is in Toy Story 2, just before it’s knocked over:

So I guess that this increases the likelihood that that’s Andy’s Bucket o’ Soldiers.

Thanks for pointing that out. I forgot that there were LEGOs used in Toy Story 2 before the third film. Kind of strange that it ended up at Sunnyside though, but it could be a different LEGO house that was built that just happens to look similar and have the same parts.