Toy Story 3 Pixar References

:open_mouth:
I went to look back at the [spoil]Carl & Ellie postcard[/spoil], but I seem to be the only one that noticed this!

Above it, there’s some sort of certificate that ends with “lorer”, my guess is that it says “Senior Wilderness Explorer”. Could Andy have become friends with Carl after Up? You never know, Up could be set in the recent past, so after Up Andy joins the Widerness Explorers and they become friends.

This thread hasn’t been busy for a while. Just thought I’d add this little easter egg that I just noticed in the new trailer centering around interviews with Michael Keaton, Lee Unkrich, etc. There’s an elephant in the background of the daycare in some of the scenes from Toy Story 3, and it appears to be the same elephant from Tin Toy! I have images, but I can’t figure out how to attach them correctly.

I’m surprised that I’m the first to notice, but Andy has a street sign for West Cutting Boulevard in his room.

Interesting thing I’ve thought about regarding all the references to Cars: In Toy Story 2 there were a lot of references to A Bug’s Life, not just cause it was the only other film at the time but because they were both directed by John Lasseter, so now it seems like most of the references that can be found in Toy Story 3 are of his last film before that which was Cars (and even though Lee Unkrich is directing now it’s probably still a nod to John directing the original).

It’s because Cars 2 is Pixar’s next movie.

That too, but it could be both.

on the far right corner (Nearest to Buzz) of the Toy Box there is a sticker of NEMO! (You Can see better in full image)

Now I see it! You should post that in the Pixar In-jokes list.

EDIT- Please don’t quote images, especially if they’re directly in the post above yours, thanks!

-lizardgirl

Toy Story 3 fact sheet, giving some more insight into the easter eggs:

wearemoviegeeks.com/2010/06/fun- … y-story-3/

Very cool that they got [spoil]the original actor of Sid to return.[/spoil]

Interesting that they used the same recordings for Molly in the home video footage. makes me wonder if they did the same for Andy. I mean, he sounds identical to the young Andy we used to know, but are these unused recordings from the original movies? or did they hire a sound alike?

I’m also really glad that the [spoil]Pizza Planet Truck[/spoil] seems to be back in Toy Story 3 as well, and with a larger role than just a simple cameo. Can’t wait to see what Deus Ex Machina it serves in this film.

Kyle: They hired a new kid, Charlie Bright, to play young Andy.

It comes out today! I may try to spot spotted cameos in the film.

[spoil]The toys hitch a ride on the pizza planet truck. Yes, again. Didnt expect pixar to reuse it like that.[/spoil]

EDIT- Please use spoiler tags when revealing what happens in a film that hasn’t yet been released worldwide.

-lizardgirl

Yeah, they definately score a point for being creative there (it would have been hard to use it in any scenario).

[spoil]Had the toys known it, there would be a “thank you Sid!” moment all over again at the end. Does Erik von Detten still voice him, by the way?[/spoil]

Just now reading this, thanks for the info.

comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=67118

Finn! Good find.

Also, i was listening to Lee Unkrich on some podcast yesterday and he said a 6 Million Dollar Man lunchbox appears in the movie. [spoil]Buzz grabs onto it when the metal flies towards the ceiling at the dump.[/spoil] If you don’t know, that was one of Lee’s favorite toys as a kid.

Awesome easter egg! And the toy version from the show was used for inspiration on Buzz as well.

They missed one! Bonnie has a Wally B. sticker right on her backpack! That one took me a while to confirm, you never really see a clear shot of it in the film.