Super - Spy - Wizard

Awww, poor Violet! SHe is left to protect the two now. I hope she is able to. Talk about a lot of pressure on her. Keep it up.

Part 19
They heard stampeding footsteps approaching quickly, and hurried into a storage room. A random hiding place, but the only one that seemed safe.
“FIND THEM!” a commanding voice screeched. There were heavy footsteps and voices like thunder in a bullhorn. Minions/guards were investigating the room, and rummaging through things. At any second, they could have been found. The doorknob was touched- Carmen could sense it- and she reacted in snatching the doorknob tight in her hands, and with all her strength trying to prevent it from turning all the way.
“Hey, what the-” a man grunted. “This door isn’t opening! I think they’re in here!”
Rushed overlapping footsteps speeded over, and yanked the door open.
-“…Hmph, nothing in there.”
-“Wait! I saw something!”
-“…Nah, there aint’ anythin’ in there 'cept junk. Old, broken, worthless junk.”
-“They couldn’t have gone far, though.”
-“Why are we wasting time looking for useless brats anyway?”
-“I bet the reason’s too classified.”
-“Let’s get on with it!”

They shut the door and left, their conversations and muttering fading word by word until they had completely left the area.
Violet was the first to come out of hiding in her invisibility and pant, “That was close!” Her heartbeat was very fast, and she wiped sweat from her brow that came out of the panic. She felt like she had almost run out of oxygen, because she didn’t want to let the guards hear her breathe. Such a small detail could give her away.
“Way too close. ‘Close’ isn’t even the right word for it; it was way worse than close,” Alex gasped, untangling her way out of hiding. “I thought I was dead already.”
Carmen spat out dust that could have gotten into her mouth as she crept out of the box full of old fabric and towels. She accidentally bumped her head on the shelf over her. “Ow!” Rubbing her hurt head, the kid pushed out of the box.
“I think we need to think some of this over, just so we’re clear on some things.”
“Let’s start with this: the room opens with your voice and your name. So why didn’t you escape?” inquired Alex.
“It only works from outside. And once Gradenko could get in, she could then change the passcode or do anything she wants to it,” answered Carmen.
“How about this: Alex just got her powers taken away by Gradenko. How in the world could she have done that?” indicated Violet.
“I don’t think we have the answer to that, exactly,” pondered Carmen. “But, when she brought me to the door, she needed me to speak first. Then she whispered something. At that time, I thought she was swearing. But then I was under her control for a few seconds. She…she can do spells.”
“Which brings us to another ‘how in the world could she have done that?’” Alex said.
“We’ll never get the answers to everything,” sighed Carmen. “All we know is that somehow Gradenko is connected to magic.”
“Those guards…” Violet thought, “…they really looked familiar. Like the ones on the Nomasion island…I suppose it’s possible the survivors got another job. But they must be very foolish to work for someone without knowing why or what they’re doing.”
“Whoa!” Alex tripped over some wires still tangled around her foot. “What’s in this storage room anyway?” The teenager pulled the wires to see what they would lead to. “Any idea what this is? It looks like a disconnected computer screen attatched to air conditioner controls.”
Carmen looked it over. “It must be the room temperature controls- and some of the thingys that keep the electricity as moderate as they want.”
“But it’s broken,” Violet pointed out.
“This must be the old one. They replaced it with a new one…right here-” Carmen pointed to a newer one one the wall- “that also probably helps them change the island, because it’s magical as well. That explains something, at least. There’s no way someone could change an island with technology.”
They looked it over. “You know, now that we’re here, and it’s right in front of us…” started Alex. “We could shake things up around here.”
The other two grinned in agreement. Carmen banged and destroyed the controls on the wall with a robot arm she found randomly lying in a box. She tore what was left of it off and quickly installed the older one. The young secret agent hacked into the system (which she most likely was familiar with) and messed with everything possible.
What followed was a blackout in the room. But it was only the storage room and the bigger one outside it.
“Great. There’s probably more systems all over the place,” complained Alex.
“We’re going to need to split up,” said Carmen. “I think Gradenko is somehow related to mysterious disappearances of powers and unsolved losses of magic.”
“Carmen, Alex, I think you guys should stick together and try to take some stuff from that same room full of the weird stuff like the malfuncitoning gadgets and the wizard stuff. I think the O.S.S. might want to see that. I’ll rewire the stuff to distract them,” said Violet.
“Do you know how to?” asked Carmen.
“From the pranks my little brother pulls, I pick up a few things,” answered Violet. “I think it’s safer to crawl through the vents.”
“Have you ever done that?” asked Alex.
“I think a super needs to know such skills.” She crept into the vents and was on her way to the other rooms to buy them some time. It was all she could come up with to do for now.

Intensity keeps rising with each new chaper I read! I can not wait to see what happens next. I am really loving this story so far BBD.

Just currious. Alex and Carmen are played by real actors. Violet is just animated. I sometimes wonder how they manage to mix.

Well, quite a few movies mix animation with live action. You could imagine it just like that and I don’t think it’ll affect much (except, Vi’s eyes would be bigger and her body WAY slimmer in comparison).

I don’t know how many more parts I plan to write. I just don’t want it to end too soon.
Oh, and this chapter was partially inspired by a dream I had.

Part 20
“Vi, wait!”
The super stopped in the vents, turned around as much as she could, and answered the echoing call. “Yeah?”
Carmen pulled up her sleeve, took something off her wrist, and tossed it into the vent. “This is the only technology I have that works right now.” (even though they were in a blacked out room, at this time they developed night vision.)
Violet reached out to grab it, but then it froze in midair. “Whoa. Okay, who’s doing that?” Carmen marveled.
“Don’t look at me, I don’t have my powers,” protested Alex.
Both looked at Violet, eyes wide and surprised. “Violet? Is this another power you have?”
Violet was amazed. I’m doing this? I didn’t know I could levitate things! Then she looked at what the “gadget” was. “A rubber band?” she questioned in disbelief.
“It’s more useful than you think. It has over 999 uses. It’s up to you to find out what they are,” explained Carmen. “But…how are you doing that?”
“I don’t know,” breathed Violet. Then after a short moment, she figured it out. “I think…I put an invisible force field over it, and…lifted it. I guess you can also call it levitating.”
“That’s- that’s perfect,” said Carmen. “That can come in really handy. Try it again, just to make sure.”
Violet dropped the rubber band. Then, concentrating, she sheilded it in an unseen force field, and lifted it.
This brought smiles to their faces.
“You know, plain invisibility can come in handy, too,” indicated Alex. “My older brother Justin turned invisible once, and he always wanted to hit people without them seeing him.”
“I’ll try that up close, too,” nodded the super. “Okay, I’m on my way now.” She slipped the rubber band on her wrist, turned foward, and proceeded climbing through the vents.

“Come on, let’s go,” Alex said.
“Hold on a sec,” said the spy. She hacked into the system once more, and entered a few codes before shutting it down. Then they ran off to find the room full of mysterious stuff.

Violet chose a random exit from the vents. She was lucky no one in the room had noticed her. They were all the guards and/or minions. Violet, invisible, crept up to the hundreds of wires connected in perfect order. There were a lot, considering how much power they used. “Poor guys, following orders from someone without anything to benefit from,” she snickered to herself. “I wonder if they’re still in the dark about their commands.” She switched the wires as quick as her hands could move. Everything was completely messed up, and many complaints and angry voices broke into the darkness, which faded lightly, and it began to freeze in the room. Hail, rocks, and hard candy canes fell from the ceiling.
Violet giggled, “That’s what you get for having magic mixed with the electric power.”
“Don’t just stand there!” somebody in the room shouted. “Switch the wires back!”
“How long does it take to switch a few stupid wires!” another yelled.
“This room messed up: check,” the teenager noted to herself. “Another few to go.”

So far, everything seems to be working smoothly. I like this chapter. What I love even more is the way Violet can make her force fields invisible. Really clever. I can’t wait to read more.

:smiley: Thank you very much.

*Part 21*
Carmen and Alex were searching through different rooms to destroy some things, and take others. Anything left could be dangerously used in the wrong hands.
“So, how did you and Vi know which room I was in?” asked Carmen.
“When Gradenko took my powers, I got this little glitch. I had this vision. I think it’s because she isn’t a rightful wizard, so she can’t take something from me without me getting a little something back,” mused Alex.
“Gradenko’s a traitor, so she isn’t rightful at all,” said Carmen.
“What else did she do?” asked Alex, while scanning the drawers.
“Well, before I even knew about my parents being spies, she pretended to be on the same side. She was part of the O.S.S., too, but she betrayed them. She was part of the plan to help mutate secret agents for a television show, and/or hold them for ransom to get the third brain…”
Alex looked up from the boxes and straight at Carmen. “Third brain? That sounds a little…weird and gross.”
“It’s kinda a complicatedly long story,” said Carmen.
“But what was the third brain? I just want to know that,” persisted Alex.
The spy sighed. “It was made for artificial intellegence or something, then it turned out to be something too risky, so it was ordered to be destroyed. But it wasn’t. Then they wanted to use it to make robot children smarter. There, that’s all I’ll tell you. I can’t let too much of it out, but I think I already did anyway.”
“So we’re all going to forget each other’s secrets? I mean, it’s too risky, isn’t it?” said Alex.
“I don’t know. We’ll cross that bridge when we get to it. What’ve they got in there?”
Alex pulled out pieces of wrapping, mumbling, “Tissue paper, tissue paper, neon tissue paper, tissue paper again, another full layer of tissue paper…Lots of tissue paper.”
“Here I’ll help you take stuff out,” said Carmen. They continued pulling out tissue paper and wrapping.
“Tissue paper, tissue paper, tissue paper folded in origami, tissue paper…”
“You know what, let’s forget this box. There’s nothing in it but piles of stupid tissue paper,” blurted Alex.
Carmen kept on pulling out tissue paper determinedly. “Here’s a change: bubble wrap. And…more…tissue paper.”
“Just do this,” suggested Alex. She lifted the box and turned it upside-down, hitting it so that all the tissue paper delaying them would fall out.
At last, something came out that wasn’t tissue paper or bubble wrap: a spell book.
Alex gazed at it speechlessly. She dropped the box and held the delicate book in her hands, flipping through the pages, wrapped in words. “The perfect subsitute,” she marveled. She reached in the box, digging her fingers at the edges. Finally, she drew out a just-right wand, and a smile broke on her face at the sight of it.
“Great,” said Carmen. “Except you need your magical ability to use them, and the if we’re going to get them, we have to keep moving!”
“You’re right,” said Alex. “And we should search through everything to the very bottom. Ugh, that sounds like more work.” She opened a drawer as Carmen rummaged through some others. “Oh my goodness…”
“What?” asked Carmen, approaching quickly to her side.
“These charm bracelets are so cute,” said Alex.
“Alex, more imporatant crisis here!”
“I’ll keep looking, right after I put this charm bracelet on.”
“Those are really nice,” shrugged Carmen, grabbing one to put on. “They’re almost hyptnotizing.”
“Let’s get one for Vi.”
“Yeah.”
“I think the violet one is best for her.”
“Oh, wow!” Carmen almost-exclamed. “A pocket equiptment generater.” She tucked it in her shoe.

Violet continued to mix up as much as possible. From rewiring and tangling wires to smashing things and making a mess to moving things around with her force fields, she found it actually a little enjoyable to be stalling.
This, of course, would make Gradenko and whoever else on her side furious. The incredible super never had so much fun making someone mad. Especially since she could get away with it. And also because she liked using her “new power” (okay, her only powers, but in a new way).

Not a bad chapter BBD. It is a great “filler” chapter. I can’t wait to read the next chapter. It gets me all excited inside.

Okay, I know it’s been a while since I updated here, but I was waiting for any other comments from others.
However, though there isn’t any, I must move on.

Also, I apologize if Carmen isn’t in character in this story. I haven’t seen the Spy Kids series in a long while, so I don’t think I can really capture her personality that well if I don’t remember it. But I try my best.

Part 22
It’s all fun and games until you get caught. That’s what Violet kept on reminding herself. Although, too much worry can throw you off your game. She couldn’t help but be a little scared thinking about getting busted. Who knows what terrible, unspeakable things they could do!
All the while, if she pushed that thought out of her head, then she felt better. After all, what could they do once I put up my force field? Besides…suck the power out of me… The super shuddered at that very idea. All that time, at that wizard camp, I’ve been defending myself from a teenage spy and wizard, and now, adult spies have messed with advanced wizardry. Isn’t that so weird?How it happened, I guess I won’t know. It’s probably too complicated for a kid like me to understand.
While some thoughts swam in and out of her mind, Violet still remained focused on messing with technology. It was fun to distract them with technical difficulties, as well as it was fun to use her powers in a new way, but after a while, Violet pondered if there was anything else she could do.

Alex found a black cat in the building. She didn’t believe in superstitions, but the cat may mean trouble, considering they didn’t know what it’s been through.
She wanted to communicate with it, at least, to learn more needed information. But enchanting tongue and ears was a spell she hadn’t learned yet. Not to mention, trying to improvise a spell like that could be too risky if she got the slightest thing wrong.
The black cat paused where it was, and calmly stayed. The feline didn’t look like it was ready to leave. It stared long and deep, and Alex looked into its eyes to show she wasn’t afraid.
The eyes expressed emotions, and a mix of thoughts, fears, and stories. The cat must have had a mysterious and dangerous history behind it, and just might reveal plenty of information if only there weren’t such a gap between human and animals.
Carmen quietly crouched down next to the wizard, and whispered as low as she could make her voice, “I think we should get Vi now. But how can we make it past those bad guys? Do you think the cat can help?”
“Maybe it can,” murmured Alex. “See the silver chain around her neck? And those little charms on it? And those marks on her? She lives here, I think. or she’s imprisoned.”
“Is it a hidden dragon? Or magical creature, perhaps?” Carmen said softly but eager to know.
“I don’t think so. But she has experience with magic. I think we can use her.”
“Careful. But how?”
“I can try to get her to cooperate for a short moment.”
“Do it in this room,” Carmen said, opening a door. “I need to find more, and I might get distracted by that cat watching me. Good luck.”
Alex slowly approached the animal, who amazingly allowed herself to be taken, then carried her into the room and shut the door behind her.
Carmen could overhear Alex chanting some sort of spell(s), though they spy didn’t know what the spell would do.
The spy kid proceeded collecting any suspicious items for the O.S.S. to see. It wasn’t long until the door opened suddenly, something behind the door, made of glass, smashed and broke, and the cat, most likeley out of fear, dashed out.
“Alex, it’s getting away!” Carmen gasped. She tried to catch her, but the cat slipped away too quickly. The secret agent found Alex looking one hundred percent confused about what just happened. In fact, it seemed like Alex wasn’t even herself, and couldn’t remember anything. “Are you alright?” the spy kid asked worriedly, grabbing the wizard’s hands and trying to shake her back out of staring into space. Alex had a bewildered look in her eyes, and didn’t say anything. Carmen desperately wanted to know what happened.
If that wasn’t enough, Carmen had an unexpected feeling overcoming her. Then she no longer felt like herself.

Violet unplugged everything in one area and mixed up the wires in another. She felt a new power as she knocked some people down, and levitated others then dropped them to the ground. She began to crawl through the wide vents when a something swished past and startled her.
It was a sleek black cat, with deep glowing eyes. The cat had markings over its body, and a silver chain with little charms around its neck. It paused to look directly into Violet’s eyes, and Violet just couldn’t, wouldn’t look away. Violet stopped moving just to look into the interesting cat’s eyes. Was the cat on their side? Or no side at all, and was just passing by? The cat moved its mouth and spoke softly. It spoke! Or did it? Violet couldn’t tell, since it was distanced from her.
Then the cat broke it’s gaze and turned around, running away down the vents. The last few nanoseconds of its stare had seemed to try to send a message. Violet watched it until it disappeared from sight. Then she felt herself change, a strange feeling spreading through her. She couldn’t believe it, but she felt herself undergoing a transmutation.

Oh boy! What’s gonna happen to Vi? Great chapter to read! I love it. Please update soon!

oh boy…keep going.

another reader here.

Hooray, another reader! Thank you, I was so desperate. :smiley:

*Part 23*
Violet felt as if being on fours was more and more confortable. It all happened so fast. At first she was on her knees. The next, somehow she could actually rest the soles of her feet on the floor of the vents, and she could suddenly stand on tiptoes as if it were the normal way to crawl through a vent… She felt a new control over a new body part. Her hearing and sense of smell seemed sharper. All of it happened in an instant. She looked at herself to find out what was wrong with her. Then the super saw the answer, but the answer brought more questions to mind.
She had transformed into a cocker spaniel (mixed with another kind of breed she did not know). And she could still manage to crawl through the vents.
This is beyond weird, Violet Incredible thought, because she was too speechless to say it aloud to herself. What has that cat done to me, and how? It’s definitely no ordinary cat.
Cat. That word had never seemed such a bother until now. It suddenly seemed to have a new definition. That word echoed through her mind, and immediately filled her with a new urge. This feeling she had never felt before, but now she couldn’t remember what it was like to be without that feeling. A growing emotion, a pulling temptation, telling her to follow that cat. That cat. Was it an instinct that came with this metamorphosis? It must have been. And it was too strong to fight. Violet wanted to- needed to follow…that…cat.

“Alex, what’s happening?” groaned Carmen, clutching her stomach as a feeling she had never felt before took over. “Please answer me! I must know! I must know as much as possible! I must know because I am a secret agent and it is my job! I must know because…because we’re friends and I care.”
Alex only looked at her hands and wiggled her fingers curiously and dumbfoundedly.
“Alex, what is wrong with you? You’re acting like you forgot everything, and don’t even know yourself. And-” a thought shot through Carmen’s head like a bullet- “You recited a spell, but you didn’t have any magic, right? Then something broke, I heard it. Did you forget that, too?”
The O.S.S. spy kid crawled unconfortably towards broken glass. “This is it, isn’t it? Alex?” Then Carmen fell completely to the ground under pressure, and it felt like something was scanning her.
When Carmen blinked her eyes open again, she had woken up to Alex’s voice finally saying, “I can’t believe it. I’m not myself at all. That’s not my voice!”
“Alex, that was always your voice,” reminded Carmen. Then she looked at herself; she really wanted to, because who wouldn’t look at himself/herself right after an unusual feeling that was as if something had changed? Carmen wasn’t herself at all.
When getting up, she stood on fours. It was suddenly simpler that way. She looked down. The ground was close. Paws took place of her fingers. Her ears felt like they were on the top of her head, instead, and pointed themselves. All over her was bright orange fur, and her paws were a darker shade. She now was an owner and controller of a white-tipped, fluffy tail.
She gasped between each word she spoke. “You- turned- me- into- a- fox?!” It sounded more like a bark. Carmen could hear and understand perfectly what she had said, but she could also hear that it was more of an animal sound.
“No, that isn’t my voice,” yelped Alex. “I own nothing here! I am innocent, but why am I put in this situation?” Then she ran away, scared.
“Alex, wait!” Carmen barked, confused. “Why are you acting like this? What happened, exactly?” She took off to chase Alex, then she caught scent of the cat, in the vents. She had to get Alex back to sanity, but she also needed to nab that cat. So the fox decided to follow the trail to the cat.

oohhh…gettin intersesting great story.

[Will stay around for more.]

Oh boy BBD! A very nice twist here! Each chapter you post makes me love this story more and more. Keep it up!

i wonder if the cat is a bad omen for what is to come…never liked cats very much.

Part 25
Violet couldn’t fight it. Instinct was now a part of her. Trying to restrain from tracking down that cat was like trying to refrain from blinking. She couldn’t resist for so long. But it wasn’t just the strong instinct; it was knowing that that cat must have been trouble. That cat was the reason Violet had mysteriously shiftshaped into a canine. It was that cat’s fault, and in order to discover what the cat had in mind to do it, one had to catch the cat first. That no-good feline was up to something. It must have been, right?
Violet felt like a superhero on paws, because, well, that was just what she was right now. Amazingly, running seemed like another urge. And it felt good to do it. That was the weird part. Violet had never liked to run, because it made her exhausted; it was Dash who liked to run. But now, she could see why he liked to: when one has so much energy and speed, one is all up for running.
Being a dog gave her faster speed, and she could track the cat and follow right away. Her heart beat much faster than it ever did before. All these feelings at once, they were extraordinary. Adjusting to it was odd, but it was a cool experience.

Alex has really lost it, thought Carmen. It’s like she’s forgotten everything. She turned me into a fox, and she sounded completely naiive when it happened. I don’t know what happened, but it was the cat’s doing. The cat was not good news; it’s trying to lure us into something, then ensnare us. I might be going into a trap, but I have to risk it. I have got to find that cat, then I’ll- I’ll…I don’t know what I’ll do! But I at least I need to catch it before it catches me.
The spy was trying her best to get used to being a fox. She let her instincts guide her through the vents to find that cat. She hoped Alex was okay, considering that she wasn’t acting like herself.
On the way down the vents, on the trail of the cat, the fox-girl pondered to herself, What if all of this was all a mistake? What if wizards were always wicked troublemaking spellcasters, and always will be? That would mean that I shouldn’t have befriended Alex. She could have been leading me here the whole time, and intended to turn me into a fox so I can’t return to tell the tale.
And what if supers are not what they seem after all? What if supers were just a project, a test, of some sort? I might be on my own now, or all this time. I now have recieved a weakness. A secret agent mustn’t trust so easily.
But whether or not they are traitors, I’ll first settle with that cat, and help them for possibly the last time. Then I’ll see if they are truly not going to bail on me.
The vixen had now caught sight of the cat ahead of her. And the cat had caught sight of her. It yowled and quickened its pace through the maze of vents, the fox dashing right behind it.
Through many twists and turns, the fox persistantly continued to chase that cat. If a curious hand of one of the guards reached in, despite that she wasn’t wild, she bit it. It was the only way.
At last, dashing out of the vents. The precious freedom could finally be inhaled. Out of the dusty, filthy, small-spaced vents, and into the areas of bigger space to cover. Of course, that meant the cat could escape more easily.
At last, Carmen had managed to corner the cat. The spy-fox bared her teeth and growled threateningly, approaching the cat with nowhere else to go.
The cat backed up against the wall, and tried to turn away, but bumped into a force.
“Hey,” said a mixed-breed dog, revealing herself. It was Violet. “There’s nowhere left to go, kitty. Why did you do this to me?”
“And why is Alex not sane anymore?” the fox hissed. “Are you working for Ms. Gradenko?”
“Guys, let me explain…” stuttered the feline. “First off, I’m not the cat.”
“What do you mean?” demanded Carmen. Her heart had hardened now, still half-wondering if anyone she met could be trustworthy.
“I’m Alex,” stated the cat. “Alexandra Margarita Russo, teenage wizard-in-training.”

Okay, I have read this thing over and over and yet I am still confused. What the heck just happened in that chapter? I found it enjoyable to read, but then it confused the heck out of me. Could you please explain?

Ohhhhhh…its one of two things when i read it.

1-The black cat escpaped and Alex turned into a cat by the black cat.
or
2-Alex is the balck cat and he is turning them into animals for some strange reason.

Very perplexing but still is great.

Good job on the chapter.

Sorry it was confusing.
Violet, now in the form of a dog, can run much faster. She feels the instincts of a dog taking over. She is trying to track down that cat that had looked into her eyes earlier.
Carmen, in the form of a fox, is pondering whether trusting others like Alex and Violet was a good idea in the first place. She also wonders what has gotten into Alex, acting like she doesn’t know who she is. Once she caught sight of the cat, she chases after it, believing it could reverse what happened.
Chasing through vents could cause a lot of noise, and eventually someone under the vents would wonder what’s going on in there. So if a guard reached his hand into the vents curiously, Carmen would bite it before it could try to catch her.
Then the chase continues outside the vents, which feels much better.
Once Carmen corners the cat, it tried its last to escape but Violet appeared to trap it.
The cat wishes to explain. Then she states that she is actually Alex.
(That part was meant to be confusing.)

I’m sorry it was confusing. Any suggestions to make it less confusing?

So wait a minute. Are you saying there are 2 Alexs?