Super - Spy - Wizard

Oh well, in any case, good luck writing your next chapter.

okay, kinda step by step, each chapter (for now) is about them getting to open up to each other.
Part 10

The trio sneaked out of the cabin and began hiking over the hills. “I don’t get it,” said Carmen. “Why are we sneaking out early?”
“Shhhh!” shushed Alex. She whispered, “To practice some stuff.”
“But why not just do it in the cabin?” asked Violet.
“We can also get some fresh air, can’t we?” said Alex. “And also because while I master my magic, we can help Carmen with her mission. It’s the perfect day to sneak away, that’s what I’d say…boy, that was a crime of a rhyme…great, I keep on rhyming. Anyway, trust me, this place is better; oh,and Carmen, what was your mission again?”
“Oh, my mission…” Carmen mumbled. I can’t believe for a long while I forgot I wasn’t really part of this camp! How could I not remember that I was a secret agent? “…It was to track down the origin of the rash of not-so-natural disasters and reverse it to normal.”
Alex cringed suddenly. What if she found out I caused them? Will I be the enemy again?
Carmen continued, “To protect the camps, of course. But no one told me that they were wizard camps.”
The three hiked up to the top of one hill and rested. Somehow they got into conversation.
“Hey, Alex, isn’t life supposed to be so easy for wizards? I mean, if you can just make up spells, can’t you make up spells for anything, and get everything you want?” Violet inquired.
“It’s not that easy. I have wizard school, tests, homework, studying, blah blah blah, and I’m not allowed to have freewheeling magic. And the wizard world takes you literally word for word, and you have to keep your mind straight, and I’ve been told it’s illegal to use magic for everything. And since that won’t make me a better wizard, I might risk letting one of my brothers win the competition, and I’ll lose my powers for good. Boy, that was a lot to say,” Alex replied.
“Wow, it’s a lot more complicated than I thought,” said Violet. “What about you Carmen? Is there technology for everything?”
“Well, they’re heavy, and I have to memorize each one’s function if I’m going to use it. And I’m responsible for recharging them, making sure they’re set up right, that kind of stuff. And I have to watch out for malfunctions, and dangerous electrical shocks. And there isn’t technology for absolutely everything. If I use the gadgets for my own personal gain, I could be fired from the agency and be forbidden ever to touch them, let alone use them again,” explained Carmen. “But what about you Violet? No technological stuff to memorize, no magic spells to memorize, then you have less work, don’t you? It’s probably a lot less for you to pack, and life’s probably easier for you.”
“Well,” said Violet. “I don’t know about that. Sicknesses can be more extreme when you’re a super. And, it’s kinda scary. I guess you have dangerous missions, too, Carmen, but at least you have backup. I mean, gadgets seem to have more possibilities, and powers may last a lifetime, but they have weaknesses and limits as well. Sometimes light and shadows can make me more visible, and my force fields are sometimes fragile. But it’s not like I’m alone. I fought with my family, and it wasn’t a failure. But my whole life we’ve been in hiding, and now we’re getting a lot more work to do. It’s a big change.”
“I fought with my family the first time,” said Carmen. “But after that it’s like we each got indivisual assignments. However, I’m not completely alone. My family does join in, it’s just not all the time.”
“Well, that’s one thing you guys have got in common,” commented Alex. “You both have missions, including your family. How about dream schools?”
“My dream school is Sky High,” said Violet.
“I might get transferred to Spy High,” added Carmen.
“I’d like to go back to Wiz Tech, of course at regular school, once they change the horrible Harry Potter-and-bathrobes uniforms. I don’t go there directly anymore, but I heard they changed a lot of it since I’ve been there. Sorry to break the whole rhyming thing,” said Alex. Then in a friendly tone she laughed, “We’re opening up to each other, aren’t we?”
“Yeah, I guess we are,” agreed Violet and Carmen.
“Maybe we’re ready for the games now,” said Alex. “I just don’t understand why they won’t get to magic training yet. Well, all the better, your cover will be easier hidden.”
The trio relaxed on the hilltop for some more, then strolled furthur away from the camp. It would be enjoyable to get away and have some fun together, wouldn’t it?

Ooh, very, very enjoyable chapter. Really good bright-dot-dahser. Keep it up.

Part 11
“Is there a time limit for this spell?” asked Violet.
“No, I’m a teenage wizard, not a fairy godmother. Just don’t get them wet,” said Alex.
“Why?” asked Carmen.
“Let’s just say things will not work out well when something not waterproof reaches the water,” replied Alex.
The three found that the woods had grown closer. “The island’s changing again,” sighed Carmen.
I certainly didn’t do that! Alex exclaimed in her head. “Did camp start yet?” she tried to change the subject.
“I know a way to find out,” said Carmen, activating a built-in gadget. She realized that her pockets were empty, and so the lights on her suit shut down. “Oh, brother,” she groaned.
“What?” both Alex and Violet said in unison.
“My little brother Juni found a way to sneak R.A.L.P.H. out of my backpack so I wouldn’t bring him to camp.”
“Who?”
“My brother’s robot bug. He’s perfect for listening in on stuff. So much for that.”
Violet turned to Alex. “Is there a spell for this?”
“I think…” Alex was trying hard to remember. “I’m not good at improvising; that’s why I don’t make them up that often!”
Carmen tried to search for any spare devices as Alex tried to remember the spell. Violet apologized, “Sorry about your wand and spell book. But why do you need wands?”
“Using hands too much uses more energy. But I’ll manage,” said Alex.
" Some people are a gem
Others are a rat
To find out who’s who
Give me the ear of a bat.
"
Alex pulled back her hair, revealing that her ear magically grew sharper. The wizard adjusted her ear to get to the right position.
“Half of that spell didn’t make sense with what’s happening now,” Violet indicated.
“It’s the only one I remember that helps me hear far away. Uhh, I’m getting something but I can’t hear it that clearly,” Alex whispered,
“Here.” Carmen brought out some clip-on earrings.
“How does jewelry help- oh…”
“Ok, what are you getting?” Carmen asked.
“They’re already taking role…the coach knows we’re missing…we’re in trouble…and a kid says that his pants were stolen…we missed out on potion making…”
“Oh, man. I don’t want to be in trouble,” complained Violet.
“What difference does it make? By that time, I’ll be back at OSS, you’ll be back with your family, and you”- Carmen turned to Alex- “will come up with an excuse.”
“Oh sure give me the hard part,” mumbled Alex.
Carmen’s watch beeped. The spy checked it. “I just got an instant message-”
“On your watch?” gasped Violet. “That’s so cool.”
“I have to get through the jungle. There’s a secret shelter for me to visit.”
“We’re going with you,” said Alex. “It sure beats going back to camp and facing punishment.”
The woods looked bigger- and more like a jungle. The three girls went deeper into it.
“You sure about this?” Violet whimpered. “It’s dangerous.”
“There’s no turning back,” said Carmen. “I thought we came for the adventure.”
“Shh…guys, I hear something…”
The girls got closer to each other and then were in for a surprise when they saw the glowering eyes and thornlike claws of a jaguar.

Oh boy, cliffhanger! Talk about getting really, really intense! Keep it up bbd! You got me anxious for the next chapter.

Part 12
The three teenagers were shocked at the sight of this. The low growl of the jaguar was enough to make them cringe. Carmen whispered, “The dangerous wild animals living in the jungle completely slipped my mind.”
“Whatever you do, don’t make any sudden moves,” whispered Violet. Then she powered up.
“Hey don’t leave us!” said Alex.
“Hey Alex, are there any spells that can help us here?” Violet asked.
“None come to mind when I’m panicking!”
“At least improvise something!”
“Okay, okay! Um…
We’ve had enough of all these fears
So hurry up and get us out of here
!”
There was a short flash.
Violet was somehow visible again. The three were still together. “What happened?” gasped Violet.
“We’re out of there all right. We’re in a tree- still in the jungle. About five feet away only,” explained Alex.
“Wow you weren’t kidding, in the magic world you gotta say exactly what you mean,” said Violet.
“Well don’t blame me- I suck at creative poetry. I ripped off something my brother Justin once used,” Alex shrugged.
“I think it’s safe to jump down,” said Carmen.
“No way. We’re really high up,” said Alex.
“Everyone just stay close to me. On the count of three, we jump at the same time,” decided Violet. “One…two…thr-EE!”
She paused in bewilderment as the jaguar was spotted again. It was dark so they couldn’t see how it got up in the tree.
Then Alex realized something. “Guys, it’s not a jaguar. It’s a dragon!”
“A WHAT? We can see it! It’s a jaguar!”
“No, look. Yeah, it’s a jaguar, but it has the wings of a dragon,” indicated Alex. “Here, Carmen, flash some light on it.”
“So it’s half dragon?” inquired Carmen.
“No it’s a disguised dragon. I have a dog like this at home. Somebody turned into a jaguar, but it still has wings and fire-breathing powers.”
“Can it change back?” asked Violet.
“Not by himself. A person is in charge of disguising him, but it looks like he got away,” replied Alex.
“That’s sad. Why would someone do such a thing? Is that why we don’t see dragons anymore?” said Violet.
“I guess,” shrugged Alex, who began to pet the wild animal. “You’re not so bad, are you?” she said to him.
“But why was he after us?” asked Carmen.
“Because we’re humans. He’s probably afraid we’re going to take him back. Some people sell them over and over again to scam customers,” said Alex.
“Oh, don’t worry,” the wizard assured the wildcat dragon. “We’re not going to bother you again.”
The jaguar/dragon was tamed enough to let them ride until they were out of the jungle. “Thanks for the ride, big guy,” said Alex. She, Violet, and Carmen fed him some treats. Then the kept going, Carmen leading the way. They approached what looked like an old wooden house. But they were now smart enough to know that everything was not as it seemed.

Nice chapter you wrote B-B-D. I really enjoyed reading it. I thought it was really exciting. I can’t wait for the next one.

Any other readers? sigh Oh, well, moving on… :unamused:
LONG CHAPTER AHEAD
I know it seems like this chapter has no significance, but it’s building up. Besides, I thought it’d be interesting for them to exchange conversations as intense as…never mind, you’ll find out once you read it.

Part 13
“This is the secret shelter?” said Alex. “It looks like a treehouse crashed into the earth. Then again, who am I to judge; my family’s lair is hidden in a refrigerator door.”
Carmen pushed the door, but it wouldn’t budge. “Your name,” said a computerized voice.
“Carmen Cortez…?”
“Your full name, please,” requested the computerized voice.
“Oh, right. Carmen Elizabeth Juanita Costa-Brava Cortez.”
Instantly the door opened automatically.
“Your name’s a pass code?” said Violet.
“My name with my voice,” nodded Carmen. “Except sometimes my brother mimicks my voice and breaks into my voice-automated diary–”
The other two girls’ eyebrows lifted.
“Don’t ask.”
When Alex and Violet were about to follow the spy into the secret shelter, laser flashed out quick enough to make them jump.
“I’ll handle it,” said Carmen. She opened a keypad on the wall and typed in a code. The house’s defense went down. “I entered you guys as guests.”
Violet and Alex entered the room more cautiously, in case there were any more dangerous alert programs. The inside of the secret shelter was larger than it had appeared on the outside.
Carmen typed rapidly on a holographic screen.
“What’s happening?” asked Violet.
“I activated the GPS map and the mission tools download, but it’ll take at least two hours to load,” groaned the secret agent. “It used to be speedier. I wonder what virus it’s facing now. Oh well, while we wait, do you guys want a snack?”
“You lead the way,” said Alex.
They were led down a hallway, but kept on having to make stops for Carmen to enter passwords, handprints, and ID cards. “Carmen Elizabeth Juanita Costa-Brava Cortez,” she said impatiently for the last time.
“Man, security is tight here,” commented Alex.
The door opened and they entered at last. Carmen opened the pantry with a key and took out some energy granola bars and sweet smoothies.
As they sat down to eat, Carmen asked, “Do you guys want to hear an interesting true story? Just to pass the time.”
“Sure,” Alex and Violet agreed.
Carmen began to say the story, remembering how her mother told it.

“Once upon a time, there was a man and a woman, and they were both spies. He, from one country, and she, from another. She had a very important missioned assigned her. He was her mission. Her mission was to take him out.”
Alex interrupted, “You mean, on a date?”
“Uh, no, as in…” Carmen motioned as if her hand was slitting her throat. “But these were very dark and confusing times, and there was a lot of fighting between countries. Out of fear, a new kind of soldier was created. Brilliant, brave soldiers whose greateset weapons were their minds. Those men and women were spies. They were masters of disguise, they could sense danger a mile away, and through their work, wars were ended before they even began. The only thing spies were really scared of were other spies- enemies. So sometimes a spy’s mission was to make other spies vanish. He was the assignment that changed her life. But when the time finally came to carry out her mission, she didn’t do it…”
Violet and Alex were really into the story. Carmen went on about how the spies’ assignments were to kill each other, but they fell in love instead. About how they ended up going on dates, but also remained secretive. Then, as Carmen put it, they decided to go through the most dangerous thing they could ever do: marry.
“…after that, they retired to raise a family. Thinking that their secret agent days were over, they had normal lives take over. They seemed forgotten. But after an adventure some years later, they got back into business. And so did the rest of the family.”

“Wow. Where did you hear that story?” asked Violet. “It was so intense.”
“You really want to know?”
“Yeah, who were these people?” inquired Alex.
“Let’s just say that if this didn’t happen, I wouldn’t be here,” grinned Carmen.
“Oh…my…you’re serious? They’re your parents?” gasped Alex.
“Yep. Not the typical way parents meet, is it?” nodded the spy.
“You wanna know how my parents met?” asked Violet.
“Sure, we’ve got time,” said Carmen. “So, what interesting story do you bring us?”

Violet began to tell as much as she knew. "My parents are two extraordinary superheroes. Back sixteen years ago, there was a time period when heroes had their time to shine. They were the center of almost every story. These days were called the Glory Days.
"Superheroes were idolized and admired by all citizens. They wasted no time and always somehow managed to pull off amazing skills and it seemed no criminal got past them. It was a miracle that they never tired of saving the world from jeopardy. Two of these great supers were by the name Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl.
"Mr. Incredible’s name suited him. He was proud and barely used his powers for his own gain. His super strength allowed many advantages in his life. He was undefeated. The greatest advantage of his life was the woman of his dreams.
"Elastigirl wasn’t as physically strong, but her personality was just as tough and smart. She was sleek and flexible, and pulled clever moves all the time. She never ran out of strategies, and she, too, was on a roll in superhero work. She helped Mr. Incredible on a mission once, and he was too proud to let it be told that he got help from a female. Elastigirl thought it was a one-time thing. But then she found herself backing him up again and again. Her excuse was that it was her job to save people. She hoped that after all that she’ve done she would get some credit, or at least let the man feel guilt. Guilt from him, she could not detect. But it was clear that he grew into admiring her, and she hated to admit it, but she felt the same with him.
"Actions spoke louder than words. They talked like it was just business, and that their relationship was strictly professional. But in their hearts and in each other’s eyes and through what they’ve done together, they knew it was a emotional bond that was strange yet wonderful at the same time. They knew they were in love. So came another day of endless superhero work around the city. The usual stuff, stopping robbers, saving strangers. But what was planned that same day was their greatest mission to carry out together: marriage.
“They planned that after this they could become a team, fighting crime together. But unexpectedly, superheroed began to be sued. They were held responsible for accidental damages and injuries. They were forced into hiding, living the life of a normal citizen. Superhero work was banned from ever existing again. It seemed like it was all over. But fifteen years later, something new began…”
Violet went on telling about her family’s first adventure together. About how it took the whole family’s teamwork to destroy the evil built up for fifteen years- when everyone else who forgot about them were amazed and the Incredibles would soon be allowed to resume the work they left behind for years.

“Whoa. We have a lot of differences, but also a lot more in common than I realized,” indicated the spy girl.
“That was cool. At least both of your parents had really special stories behind them,” said Alex.
“What do you mean? Let’s hear your parents’ story. It should be special, too, coming from a wizard family,” assured Violet.
“I mean, mine doesn’t involve dangerous assignments or forbidden love…well, it kinda does, but it’s not the same,” shrugged Alex.
The spy and super didn’t seem to care. So the wizard decided, why not? Alex began her story.

"Jerry Russo and his siblings had to go through the same thing everyone had to. But if you think pressure is hard on a regular kid, try their lives. They had school with other kids, most of them normal, and had to learn the subjects like math, science, language arts, gym, etc. But after school they still had more work to study: wizardry.
"Wizardry was complicated. It may have been amazing to know about hidden arts of magic, but it required a lot of effort throughout their lives. Like any kid would do, they would once in a while take advantage of the magic to pull pranks and use them for their own personal gain. But Jerry learned to grow out of that. He grew into a more responsible and mature person.
"Theresa, on the other hand, was never part of the magical world. She was a normal woman who knew nothing of wizardry or spells. But she was quite open-minded. One day, Jerry was taking a walk around town when he came across Theresa.
"She was studying mythology and legends and seemed frustrated in the very little details she was given. Jerry had such a big crush on her that he offered to tell her more than anyone else would. He explained to her so much that he gave away his wizard secret. He even took her on a magic carpet ride.
Theresa at first was annoyed and disgusted at Jerry. She believed that many unexpected things were possible, but she never thought that it would happen to her, expecially from Jerry. After starting to date, the nagging and disturbing feeling drifted away. She was sometimes nervous around magic, though it didn’t matter becuase Jerry wouldn’t hurt her.
"Jerry got into so much trouble for telling a mere mortal about the magic world. He was told that he had to erase all of her memories. But Jerry couldn’t bring himself to do it. He didn’t want to live a lie with his love. Theresa could keep a secret.
“Years later, there was a time that had to come, a time that all wizards knew they had to go through sometime, but it put so much pressure on them. It was the grand competition that decided which wizard of each family was worthy enough to keep his powers as an adult. It resulted with Jerry winning the competition, and he always knew he had it in him. He was fortunate to win, but there was something greater he didn’t want to lose.
There was a law that stated wizards were forbidden to marry non-wizards. It was hard for him, but Jerry would rather win Theresa than win wizard powers. He sacrificed it all. He gave his powers to his brother so that he would be normal. And once he was normal, only then he was allowed to be with Theresa, his true love…”

“Aw, that’s the sweetest thing I’ve ever heard been done,” marveled Violet.
“That was definitely a good love story,” said Carmen.
Then Carmen’s watch beeped. “Sorry to ruin the moment guys, but it’s time to get back to business. We’ll find time to tell more later, 'kay?”

Oh, great stories! I really enjoyed reading them. Keep it up. I can’t wait for the next chapter.

Couldn’t resist sharing those stories.
By the way, did you know: the actor who plays Carmen’s little brother Juni in the Spy Kids films guest stars in one of the episodes of Wizards of Waverly Place. This actor played T.J. Taylor, a probably only child wizard that goes to Alex’s school.

And another thing: I made up the story of how Violet’s parents met, but the other two stories are really mentioned in the movie/show. In Spy Kids, Carmen’s parents met as spies meant to kill each other.
All that is mentioned in W.O.W.P. is that Jerry gave up wizard powers for Theresa. So in this chapter, I added some more, coming up with how they could have known each other before that.

Well, for making up the Supers story, i found it really believeable. Keep it up.

Part 14
Carmen exited the homey-feeling room into the hallways again, followed by the wizard and the super. As soon as they were back in the previous room, Carmen got the complete GPS map and the mission tools all set.
“So, your mission is to find the cause of all the island’s weird changes?” asked Alex, just to be clear.
“Correct.”
Alex confessed,“I’ll save you the trouble. I think I’m the cause of it. The whole thing that blew me off to wizard camp was messing up an entire island.”
Carmen and Violet stared in disbelief. “I don’t think so,” said Violet. “That would mean that you caused the island to turn around while we were going into the jungle.”
“I swear I didn’t do that. I don’t remember doing anything that caused that,” said Alex.
“See? Then it couldn’t have been you,” said Carmen.
But if it wasn’t me…oh, well, this oughta be fun. thought Alex. Maybe the reason for me going to wizard camp was more than that misunderstanding.
Carmen continued to type in some keys, then a communicater screen popped up. “Uh-oh, you guys, hide! I can’t be seen with- Oh, hello there. It’s just- just me here, waiting for further instruction.”
Violet, obviously, had no trouble hiding. But she still listened to understand what they were going to do. Alex, in so little time, couldn’t remember any invisibility spell, so she ducked quickly and crept into a squished but well-hid space under a table piled with equiptment.
“Hi, sweetie.” It was Carmen’s mother. “How are you doing?”
“Fitting in? Okay. Getting away? Fine. But the mission? Don’t have a clue, barely anything’s been done,” said Carmen.
“Listen, your dad and I have somewhere to be soon. The OSS just wanted me to tell you that you should find your way to what looks like a volcano and jump into it. I think you can take it from there.”
Carmen’s eyes went wide. “Oh, don’t worry, honey, it’s not what it seems at all. The ‘volcano’ is just a secret shortcut path to where you need to be going,” explained Ingrid.
“But, what else is there to do? Just destroy the stuff in there?” Carmen asked, comepletely confused. “I used to have perfect instruction for everything!”
“Some stuff in there will be too dangerous to destroy. Just shut it down, reverse it, or anything else to keep it from threatening any more damage. The weirdest thing is that the warps from the island have been spreading and somehow affecting other areas. And no, Carmen, remember your first day as a spy? You were just as clueless. But in time, you’ll find out what to do.”
Carmen remembered it. Her first day ever in experiencing just the beginning of a secret agent adventure, she was barely armed and had little time to remember how to handle every gadget and be prepared for its weakness to fail her. She hadn’t felt that puzzled again until now.
“Oh, and Carmen, are you fine with doing a mission by yourself?” her mom asked. “Or if not by yourself, like I used to say to your brother when he didn’t have friends except for his action figures, any ‘invisible’ and ‘magical’ friends with you?” she teased.
You have no idea. “Yeah I’m okay for now.”
“You think you need any backup?”
“Trust me, I got the help I need. Even more than I thought I would. In a good way, I mean. It’s just the mission I’m confused with.”
“Oh, you’ll get it in due time. You always do. Gotta go, Carmen. Good luck, and I’m very proud of you. I’ll be even more proud once you’re done. Love you.”
“Love you.”
The video communicator zapped down. Carmen pressed a few more keys to gather as much info as she could, just to be safe.
Alex pushed herself out of her hiding spot, chuckling, “Your brother collects action figures, too?”

The three continued on. There was no telling how much trouble they’d get into, but it felt better to move foward in action than to turn back and panic.
When they reached the ‘volcano’, they looked down the hollow hole and didn’t feel so good about it. There was no lava, magma, or anything else of a volcano, but the way down was enough to make them feel like throwing themselves off a building was safer.
“Are you sure this is the way?” asked Alex. “Please don’t say you’re sure.”
“I’m not sure, but not everything in this mission is decided by whether or not I’m sure,” said Carmen. “I’ve seen something like this before. It was on another island…this island is stanger than that one. We’ll be fine. All we have to do is jump. Ready?”
“No,” Violet and Alex yelped. Who could be ready for that, anyhow?
“Too bad. We’re in this together, aren’t we? J-U-U-U-U-U-U-U-M-M-M-M-P!”
It seemed like the most insane thing to do, but Carmen was experienced enough to trust what she knew rather than be held back by what she feared. As for Alex and Violet, they felt out of their minds and for a moment thought that Carmen was trying to kill them or something.
They screamed as long as they could, but it was not over yet. There was still a long way to fall.

Oh boy, talk about an excitement! Excellent chapter. I really enjoyed reading it. Keep it up.

I feel so happy knowing that you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

Part 15
“How long have we been falling?” asked Violet. “I’m getting numb not touching the ground.” They had been falling longer than they had expected. The way down the “volcano” seemed to stretch on and on like a bottomless pit.
“I don’t know,” answered Carmen.
“Any farther and we might be headed for the center of the Earth,” said Alex.
“We’re not falling straight down. We’re making lots of turns and flips, but it’s not gonna lead to magma,” said Carmen. “It’s an illusion. We’re actually just going through a passageway.”
“You’ve done this before, haven’t you?” asked Violet.
“Once.”
They were still dropping down by gravity but there seemed to be no end.
At last, Carmen said, “Brace yourselves…”
And they landed in a pool of water. They coughed a little after hitting the water, then swam to the surface to climb out. Carmen and Violet realized that their magical fashionable outfits had turned back into a supersuit and a heavy chrome suit and belt. The spell had broken after making contact with gallons of water.
“Oh well, we weren’t going to attend today’s camp, anyway. No need to fit in if we’re not there,” shrugged Violet.
“How did a pool get here? It’s so random,” mumbled Carmen.
“Oh, I did that. I panicked,” said Alex.
“I thought you couldn’t do spells as well and as big without wands,” said Violet.
“That took some energy and concentration, which is hard to have when you’re falling for so long.”
“But you still haven’t run out of magic?”
“Not on everything.”
The three went on.

They had to climb up from the deep underground basement a few stories, and they were beginning to think they weren’t supposed to be underground all that time.
“This looks a lot like Floop’s castle,” thought Carmen. “But with way worse prison cells, and it smells worse.”
Then when they reached the hallway, to their shock the floor crumbled down quickly resulting into a gap in the middle of the hall. Alex and Violet made it through, and were anxious for Carmen who began trying to jump across. The spy took a running start and leaped but the distance she covered broke after she stepped. Carmen fell down, hollering, “FIND THE ROOM!”
Worried about the secret agent, the two ran across the rest of the hall. The question was, which room were they supposed to find?

Carmen landed hard on the solid cold ground. She sucked in her breath in pain from the impact. As she tried to get up, she found herself being pulled to the floor somehow. It was a strong magnetic force. She fought it as much as she could but became trapped in it. Her suit was clinging her to the ground. She could barely move or make an escape.
Next, a woman with a hood over her head walked in, each footstep echoing like thunderclap. The woman pulled off her hood to reveal an obviously fake wig, showing that she had little hair. “Remember me?” she hissed, glowering with her sinister eyes.
Carmen knew her. “Gradenko…”
“Yes, and remember that horrid thing you and your brother did? That unhealthy scheme? All you had to do was cooperate, but you just made things harder.”
“We wouldn’t have done it if you haven’t broke into our house. We’re just kids, and you took advantage of that. Tried to lead us in the wrong direction,” said Carmen.
“Yes, you’re just kids, so you know nothing of the real world of spies. Just because your parents are secret agents doesn’t mean you’ll be as good. You don’t even understand the true depth of each mission. I knew that ever since you destroyed very expensive items.”
“You could have just quit working for Floop and Minion.”
“Oh, exactly what I mean. You think it’s all that easy, don’t you? Well, it’s not. Now I don’t work for them because they’ve been too absorbed into making a demented kids’ show- thanks to you. But I still work here, designed like Floop’s old castle in some ways. I knew that once the OSS discovered the glitches of the island, they’d send in a child instead of an experienced and serious spy.” Gradenko snapped her fingers and Carmen felt something handcuff her. It hurt. Her hands were tied, and Carmen also knew that all her gadgets stopped working.
“Now you are going to be a good little girl and cooperate, or else,” Gradenko commanded. “I know all about your sniveling little friends, snooping around my property. You aren’t here alone. And I know they are also children just like you. So do as I say, or I can do something horrid and tragic to them as well.”

Oh boy, talk about really exciting! Very nice incredible chapter. I hope they save Carmen. Keep it up.

Part 16
By force, Gradenko made Carmen follow her until they reached a locked door. “The only problem about living in such a place is that this stubborn door would never unlock without the proper code. But now, I have the proper code. Now state your name clearly,” Gradenko ordered. Carmen hesitated and tried to refuse as long as possible. That’s the room that Alex and Violet are probably in by now.. “I’m waiting,” said Gradenko. The chains around the spy kid’s wrists tightened. She still tried not to obey.
“You are a persistant young woman, just like a good spy should be,” noted Gradenko. “However, just because your parents were spies doesn’t make you one. Hurry up and do it. It’s that simple. Just say your name and it’ll be over.”
The young secret agent struggled not to. She knew her name in her voice was the passcode, and it woud open the door. Gradenko muttered something under her breath. Carmen thought it was swearing.
Then something came over the child. As if in a trance, she stated her full name aloud. Then the door opened in response. Carmen fell out of the trance and gasped. Why did I say that, even though I didn’t want to?
Gradenko brought her in the room. “This area contains files, documents, and everything else of the history of the O.S.S. Unfortunately, for some reason, the passcode for it was changed. Everything that was so important, including my own, was locked up in here. The key I used to have no longer was accepted. It didn’t make sense that children would have to change everything that had been built up for years.”
Carmen thought, Good thing Alex and Violet aren’t in here.
Gradenko went on. “Thanks to you and your voice, I finally have it opened. And not only this room, but the many gadgets that malfunctioned or ideas that were rejected long ago are now in my posession. I have rebuilt them, and borrowed a few things for my own power. For the good of the O.S.S., the spy kids just like you will no longer work there. Really, children don’t deserve this type of occupation in early life. No responsibilty or sense of value. Oh, and don’t forget I still know all about your other accomplices. I will take care of them. While I do, you are going to wait and not interfere.”
Carmen would have gone to help immediately, but due to the shutdown of her technology and her tied hands, she couldn’t do anything. Gradenko had her locked up and trapped in a prision cell…

“I don’t get where the room is. And what’s so special about ‘the room’?” said Alex.
“I dont’ know either; just keep looking,” said Violet.
Alex leaned over a wall and it crackled under her touch. A hole in the wall appeared. “Think this leads to the special room?”
The wizard and the spy entered through the hole and found the the walls, floor, and ceiling were all blank, and there was nothing in the space in between. When the hole in the wall closed up, automatically the walls switched into an active lab. “Whoa,” they said in unison.
There was so much in there that they didn’t even know what it was all for. Violet found on one table something that looked really unusual. Could it have been a robot eye, or the broken lens of something? It had electricity crackling on the rough edges, obviously being some source of power. And next to it was…ripped fabric? The super tried to make out what was printed on the fabirc…It can’t be…but it really looks like a supersuit…
“No way…” said Alex, on the other side. Violet hurried over. “What?”
“I thought this belonged to an evil genius, or somebody who uses a lot of high-tech stuff,” she started.
“Yeah, it is.”
“Then why is there so much magic stuff here? Crystal ball, old cauldren, potion bottles, wizardry books- they shouldn’t belong here with in a science lab.”
“Think this is the right room?”
“It should be- it’s the most advanced and organized room in the building so far. Basically all we have to do is shut something down to keep the island from changing drastically. But, how does this-” Alex indicated to the many other strange things lying on the desks- “fit in with it? Is there a connection?”
Violet stared all around them. The entire room looked like it was enchanted, yet full of dangerous scientific tests, samples, and unfinished projects. “I think there’s more to the mission than we know. I think there’s something else going on here, and it’s about time we found out what.”

Ooh, I just loved the ending of this chapter. I am so flippin’ excited for the next one. I can’t wait! Keep it up!

Part 17
All of a sudden, Ms. Gradenko slammed opened the door, and Violet and Alex nearly jumped out of their skin in shock. They backed away slowly for every time Gradenko approached them. “Who are you?” questioned Violet. “And what have you done to Carmen?” Alex added.
“Carmen Cortez is secure, and perfectly unharmed. I’m from the O.S.S., the same agency. I’m here to protect you,” said Gradenko.
“I don’t believe you,” whispered Violet.
“You two are clearly not spy kids. Don’t play games here, brats. I know all about you,” Gradenko growled.
“Where IS Carmen?” demanded Alex. “Are you behind the island messups- the whole reason I’m stuck at a camp for something I didn’t do, that Violet’s been dragged by water here? That Carmen has to go on a mission that she doesn’t understand?”
“Don’t waste your time with questions that I won’t answer,” snapped Gradenko. “I would tell you my reason for this, but then I’d be monologing over something, and you’d know too much, and I wouldn’t want that, now would I?”
The woman turned to the young wizard, her sharp eyes staring cruelly. “You. You’re not the ordinary everyday child I was expecting to support Carmen. You are a wizard-in-training. And you weren’t even sent by the O.S.S., were you? You had better not be.”
“You can’t do anything to me,” said Alex, behind her back her hand grabbing the wand on the table. She was ready to zap Gradenko into a fish for defense.
But it seemed that Gradenko was prepared before Alex. “Children like you have very little responsibility, eternally say goodbye to your magical ability!!” No sooner had those words left Gradenko’s mouth than enchanted lights flashed from her hands and zapped towards Alex. Both girls were shocked as Alex glowed for some miliseconds and the magic swelled back to Gradenko, who was now holding a bright active spiralling orb of shining colors. “Hey!” Alex yelled. “You can’t just take my powers!”
“I just did,” cackled Gradenko, who put the magical powers away in a strange glass container. Then she looked at Violet, who was just as frightened as appalled. “And you are no normal child, either. You are a super.”
Violet knew what to expect. She knew that Gradenko would somehow take her powers as well. Violet had no defense, because if she used her force field, it could easily be stolen away by Gradenko’s magic.
Before Gradenko could rob Violet of her powers, Alex thought quickly and threw herself in front, and pulled out the wand as if it were a sword. Maybe she couldn’t use it for wizardry right now, but it could still be used as a physical tool. “RUN!” she yelled.
The now-former wizard and the super dashed away as fast as their legs could carry them. “How did she do that?” Alex said.
“I have no idea,” answered Violet. “But it sure was unexpected, and creepy.”
“No doubt about that. I know where Carmen is,” said Alex.
“How?”
“I’ll explain later. Follow me!”
They had to hurry, before they got caught.

Oh my gosh, this story gets more and more exciting everytime you post a new chapter! I love it. Really had me on the edge of my seat. Great work. Update soon.

I hope all will be well later.

Part 18
Alex and Violet made it to door, but they only slammed into it because it wouldn’t open. Alex tried to recite a spell to go straight through it, but Violet stopped her from hurting herself. “You can’t use magic anymore, remember?”
“Oh, right. Sorry, I forgot when I panicked. But only Carmen’s voice can unlock it.”
“Is it too firm to ram it down? Or…maybe we don’t have to go through the door,” suggested Violet.
“Then what?” Alex panicked impatiently. She began to bang her hands on the door until they hurt. “Carmen, are you in there?!”
No answer.

Carmen was unconscious. Then she heard footsteps approaching, and her eyes opened slightly. She caught sight of her little brother. “Juni?” she murmured. “What are you doing here? How did you-”
But all Juni did was glance at her with a peculier glint in his eye, and started searching through Carmen’s backpack, and throwing things out. “Hey!” Carmen yelled. She twisted and turned her hands, trying to set them free from the taut chains. All she managed to do was set the calculator on her watch. Then she got an idea.
The chains, as she felt, must have had something to lock it as well. The secret agent used her legs to kick him out of the way and snatch her backpack. Her hands were loosening the chains, and now all she had to do was unlock and untie. She then set her watch at the right angle and carefully turned on a short laser, which was enough to melt and break one part of the chains. With that litle gap, she could slip her hands out now.
Once freed, Carmen got up and faced the fake little brother. “What are you doing away from your home?” she mumbled. The doppleganger only stared at the backpack, then glared at the spy girl.
“You want it?” taunted Carmen. “Go get it!” She threw it with all her strength at the wall. The Juni-look-alike followed after it, but ended up crashing through the wall with it, and falling, weakened.

Of all the many things that could have scared the life out of Violet and Alex in one day, there had to be another. A weird boy crashing the wall after a backpack, then failing to get up was and addition to the many things that shocked them.
Carmen stepped through the hole in the wall and grabbed the backpack out of the boy’s hands. “He’s a robot duplicate, and he’s stronger, too. I used him to get through the wall,” she explained. The robot just lay on the ground.
“Carmen, I think either the O.S.S. has turned against you, or someone turned against the O.S.S.,” Violet informed.
“What happened to you guys?” Carmen inquired.
“I lost my powers!” yelped Alex. “That Gradenko lady found a way to take my magic away!”
“Well, my gadgets have been shut off. Although, strangely, they did work a few seconds ago,” said Carmen.
“Carmen, you won’t believe it. We couldn’t find the room that can reverse the glitches, but there’s this weird room full of these old forgotten and malfunctioning technology. And there’s more than just leftover stuff from spies; there’s this thing that looks like a robot eye, and parts of a supersuit, and there’s even WIZARD stuff!” said Violet.
“I think spy kids aren’t the only ones Gradenko is getting revenge on,” mused Carmen. Like every other mission she had been on, it started with one main purpose, but always had other things going on that she had to get involved with.
“…Carmen, don’t you ever…miss being a normal kid?” Violet asked.
Carmen couldn’t believe she was hearing this. “Why?” she asked. “Don’t you like your powers? Isn’t life easier with powers?”
“No, it makes you a more preferred target,” replied Violet. “And my powers are useless for fighting. Only self defense and hiding, but hardly anything else gained.” I don’t wish my powers away. I should be lucky to have powers at all. But…I wish I had better powers. Like shiftshaping or something more useful. Alex is- no, was lucky. She,like, had many different powers at once. And how can I get them back for her if I don’t have as much?
Violet was the one most troubled in her thoughts. She was the only one with her powers left, yet she didn’t know how she could use them for this.