How To Raise A Racecar

Very suspenseful and exciting…

I’m glad you both liked it very much. :slight_smile:

The story is going to get pretty dark from here.

Wow, I really dislike Bubba now. Hmm, I wonder why :unamused:

Anyway, great chapter jessie, keep up the good work!

You’re all REALLY going to hate him soon. :stuck_out_tongue:

Jessie, I hope Bubba dies. :imp: Very great story. The part where Jane turned on her engine almost made cry. I’ll say it again: when she says her first words: :`-(

Off-topic: 500th post!! Toy Collector time!

I’m glad you all found this one just a emotional as the others. :slight_smile:

You all make me happy all the time. :slight_smile: thanks!

I just finished this chapter, and all I have to say is, awesome job! You had to leave me hanging there! Awww, Jane is too adorable!

Sorry if this is a dumb and ignorant question, but who exactly is Bubba? Is he an original character? Is he maybe from a Cars toon? I thought I’ve seen all the Cars toons, though. (Well, except the new one.) All I know is that he’s an important character and that I definitely hate him! :stuck_out_tongue:

He appeared in the Race-O-Rama video game. I recorded all of the scenes.

This is Bubba introducing himself:

[i]- YouTube

This one is REALLY out of sync so you basically need to just listen to it. :stuck_out_tongue: But anyway, this is another scene with Bubba:

[i]- YouTube

This is one where Mater realizes Bubba isn’t that nice:

[i]- YouTube

This is Bubba defeated:

[i]- YouTube

jessie, this is a beautiful fan fic, and I’m really looking forward to the next chapter. Pixar needs to scrap their plot for Cars 2, and make this Cars 2!

Aww! :laughing: I’m really surprised that this fanfiction is such a hit. :slight_smile:

I really adore how you’re all calling it beautiful. I really mean that. It makes me feel that the effort I put into the story isn’t a waste of time and it makes me enjoy what I do more.

Oh, ok… I think I get it now. I never played the “Race-O-Rama” game… I played “Cars - The Video Game”. Makes more sense now. Jessie, now I’m really impressed… you built on that character very well! :unamused:

It’s definitely not a waste of your time… it’s more than good enough to hold us over until Cars 2… it’s so good that sometimes I could see it coming from Pixar itself! :wink:

I’m glad you guys can see it coming from Pixar. :smiley:

I can’t say thank you enough!

Jessie, when will Chapter 8 be released? Just wondering…

Very soon. :slight_smile: Maybe tomorrow or the day after.

Ok. I actually had a few suggestions for the story, but it is YOUR story, so you don’t have to use them if you don’t want to. If you want, I can PM you the ideas.

Yes, I’m really pumped for this new chapter! I always come back and check this thread throughout the day. Although by the looks of what you said, Jessie, things won’t be looking to good for Lightning!

Not good at the moment. :wink:

~Chapter 8~
It was really late at night. It was around one in the morning and Lightning was stuck in the impound once again. All he could do was basically think to himself with his eyes shut.
Why is it that every single time something good happens to me, it’s ruined? Why is it that every single time I want to be happy, I can’t be? Why is it that every single time that I am happy, it needs to be ripped away from my tires? Why is it that when you do something right, there’s always that one car that wants to screw up it up? Why is it that I have two cars that want to screw up my life? Why is it that I can’t spend one night with Sally without having Mater show me something new on his body? Why is it that when I want to get married, it needs to be paused? Why is it that I have to sit in this impound doing nothing? Why is it that the only thing I can do in here is stare up at the moon and the stars and think to myself? Why do cars do this to other cars? Why do other cars want to see you go nuts? Why do I have to be me? Why can’t I be happy for Jane? Why can’t I see her until tomorrow morning? Why am I awake at this hour? Why is it that I always end up in the impound for something I didn’t mean to do? Why do I have to be me?” Lightning sighed.
“Hey.”, said a male old car’s voice. Lightning opened his eyes and blinked a few times to knock the stray tears away. He turned around. Lightning saw Doc on the other side of the impound fence. “You here to gloat?”, asked Lightning. “Now, now, Lightning. Are we going to repeat movie quotes again?” , said Doc. Lightning heavily exhaled. “Alright.”, started Doc. “What’s it this time?”
“Bubba got me in here.”
“What did you do?”
“I didn’t do anything.”
“Lightning?”
“What?”
“I believe you.”
“Huh?”
“I knew you couldn’t drive, but I didn’t know you couldn’t…speak English…?”
“Enough with the movie, Doc…”
“Well, what I meant was, I’m sorry.”
“Hm…why so sudden?”
“Let me talk to you for a minute.”
Lightning just stared at Doc with emotionless eyes and said, “Doc, the last time you talked to me, you ripped my heart out of my soul and treated it like ROADKILL. Now, WHY on Earth should I believe you? You stupid loner!”
“Well, I guess I deserved that. Well, now it’s my turn. Lightning, the last time you rejected a conversation with me, you missed out on meeting the Fabulous Hudson Hornet. You self absorbed moron! There. Now that we got the insults out of our tailpipes, can we talk?”
Lightning was silent.
“Well, I’m going to take that as a yes whether you like it or not. Besides, you can’t do anything about it. Last time I checked, Lightning, you are stuck in a little fenced area with no one to talk to. Let me ask you something. Who is the loner now?”
Lightning turned his rear bumper to Doc.
“Lightning, I tested you and you still don’t get it. You will listen to what anyone says and believe it, won’t you? Lightning, you made the same mistake I made. In 1954, my big wreck, I was wrecked. I go back to expect that big welcome I told you about, they tell me to leave. They told me that they found someone else and I wasn’t a good racer anymore. So what did I do? I ran away from racing. Now why is that, Lightning?”
Lightning didn’t answer him. He just stayed there parked facing away from him. Doc looked down and sighed. “I’ll tell you why, Lightning.” Doc paused for a moment. Silent tears started to roll out of Doc’s eyes. In a choked up voice he said, “B-Because I believed them!”
Lightning’s eyes widened. Doc didn’t see this because Lightning was still turned around.
“I believed that my racing was no good. That I was thrown out. I BELIEVED I WAS GARBAGE!”
Lightning flinched. Doc’s voice started to change that moment. He didn’t even sound like the Doc everybody knows. He sounded…like he was losing it.
“YOU ARE BECOMING ME, LIGHTNING! YOU ARE GOING TO BE A BAD FATHER! REMEMBER THAT? HUH? DO YOU? I SAID THAT TO YOU! YOU BELIEVED IT!”
Something changed in Lightning too. Lightning quickly faced Doc and thrashed his face against the fence. He put his tires up on it. Doc backed away a little. “I DIDN’T BELIEVE IT!”, yelled Lightning. “I’M A GREAT FATHER! A BETTER ONE THAN MY FATHER! I’M MORE OF A FATHER THAN HE EVER WAS!”
“You didn’t believe it?”, asked Doc, calmly. “Yes, you did. You believed it because of your own father. You believed it, because I said it too. You look up to me…you..looked up to your father.”
Lightning looked down at his hood. “Wh-Wh-Where’s my d-daddy, Doc?”, whispered Lightning. He was choked up as well. Lightning started to cry very hard. He was screeching while crying. Doc couldn’t believe his eyes when he saw Lightning crying that hard. No one, not even Sally, has ever seen him cry like that. “I want my daddy!!!”
“Lightning!”, called an angel’s voice. “Are you okay, sweetheart? Baby?” Lightning calmed down to simple sobbing and he watched Sally drive to the fence. “I want to see my dad…”, said Lightning. “Where is he?”, asked Sally.
Lightning looked up at the night sky. “He’s r-right there…”, replied Lightning. He was pointing a faint star in the sky. “See? It’s faint because he doesn’t even want to show himself to the world…”, Lightning continued. Sally teared up. Doc’s mouth dropped and said, “Lightning, I didn’t know your dad was dea-”
“Please don’t say it…”, Lightning interrupted.
Sally closed her eyes and tears rolled out from under her eyelids. She puckered her lips and put them against the fence. Lightning saw this. The corner of his mouth curved up and he kissed her through the fence. Doc smiled. “I miss you.”, said Lightning. “I miss you too.”, said Sally. “So, how is Jane?”, asked Doc.
“She just learned how to turn on her engine. We’re waiting for her to drive now!”, said Sally.
“Aww…what color is she?”, asked Doc.
“White still. You said they fade to their color later.”, said Lightning.
“Yes but, if they don’t by the time they turn on their engine, they have a natural white paint job. Theoretically, Sally being blue and you being red, Jane should have been a purple like color.”, said Doc.
“Oh…”, said Sally.
“What’s the matter?”, asked Doc.
“I was…hoping to see a color…that wasn’t so plain, you know?”, said Sally.
“Yeah.”, said Lightning. “I agree…”
“Well, that’s nature for you.”, said Doc. "Where’s Jane now?, asked Lightning.
“Home alone, but asleep.”, said Sally. “I think we should all be getting to sleep right about now.”, said Doc. “Yeah.”, said Lightning and Sally. “Goodnight, Sally.”, said Lightning. “I love you.” He smiled. Sally smiled and replied, “I love you too, goodnight.”
Lightning and Sally shared another kiss through the fence and Sally started to drive home. Doc looked at Lightning and whispered, “We’ll find a way to get you outta here, okay?” Lightning nodded. “Oh, and Lightning?”, said Doc. “You’re a great father.” Lightning smiled. “Thanks, Doc.”
“Get some sleep.”, was the last thing Doc said before he drove away too. Lightning backed away from the fence and closed his eyes. “Tonight.”, thought Lightning. “I will have a good sleep.”
As Sally drove home, her headlights started to go out. She was already away from Radiator Springs so she couldn’t yell for help. It was really dark. The only light came from the moon and the stars. Suddenly there was a light coming from up the street. “Excuse me!”, called out Sally. The unknown automobile drove over to Sally. Sally was able to see a tow hook, slightly. “Excuse me, can you tow me home?”, asked Sally. “Please?” Sally got a good look at the Tow Truck. He was big, red, and his teeth were a bit screwed up. No, it wasn’t Mater in a costume. It was more like Mater got fat and turned into a red giant. It was Bubba, but Sally didn’t know what he looked like. She only heard about him. “Why, sure little lady.”, said Bubba. “Sure.” Sally turned around for him. Bubba smiled and stared a bit too long at her. He noticed the tattoo she had. He noticed how attracted he was to her. Bubba laughed and turned around. He hooked her and started to drive up towards the Wheel Well. “Hey, thanks.”, said Sally. “I guess I was lucky back there. You know, you saving me.” “Yeah.”, said Bubba. “I was lucky too.” “How so?”, asked Sally. “Oh, just because.”, Bubba answered.
Bubba arrived at the Wheel Well…but he didn’t stop. “Um…sir? You passed my home.”, said Sally. Bubba didn’t say a word. He just kept driving away with Sally. “Sir?”, she asked. “Sir!!!” Bubba grinned and started to speed away with Sally.

Urgh, I hate Bubba! What a psycho. I really wanna know where he’s taking Sally. How will Jane survive on her own with no parents?

This chapter is very dark indeed Jessie! I hope my question will be answered in Chapter9. Keep this beautiful work up! :wink:

P.S. I was really shocked to hear that Lightning’s father is dead. I loved the talk he and Doc had too.

Oh, yes! This is the kind of Doc Hudson I’ve been waiting for. :smiley: I really don’t like Bubba though… and there must be some kind of plot he’s got going, getting Lightning stuck in the impound and then taking of with Sally… o_0 :shake: Well done, Jessie! I can’t wait to read the next chapter! :smiley: :wink: