Pixar studio in NYC...possible?

I live on the opposite end of the country (east coast opposed to West coast where Pixar studios is located, and I have been interested in getting a job at the studio. Now, I know that the company has expanded to places like Canada, but it seems there’s no other studio in the country.

Does anybody know if John Lasseter is in talks about possible future studio expansions in the country? My personal wish is that it’s NYC-- if not, then perhaps somewhere along the east coast? I feel there’s not enough exposure of animation here where I live and I’m the only one passionate about animation.

Thoughts?

It might be far off, but definitely sounds possible! NYC would be the most logical place on the East coast for Pixar to expand if they were to do so, especially with the guaranteed fresh supply of new students coming out of powerhouses like NYU Tisch and Columbia School of Arts. I sure do hope to see this happen, seeing as I am planning on going to school somewhere on the East Coast!

Currently, I’m enrolled in Nyack College and I definitely have plans to go to an art school after I finish 2-3 more years there. And being in the financial position that I’m in right now, I hope to make more money so we can afford an art college.

The only art education that I received was Studio Drawing I+II (Nyack), and a 2D Design class at Bergen Community College. I plan on taking Intro to Visual Arts back at Nyack. The problem with my college is that it doesn’t have enough to support an art program. A Com degree is a good start, but I need more formal training, imo.

You never know! After all, Disney opened an animation studio in Florida. If Pixar are planning on it, there is no news about it outside the studio.

What’s likely is that they’re first going to see how successful Pixar Canada is before opening up another satilite campus.

I think in the future there will be more pixar studio’s maybe in the US but i hope it comes to Europe because i think there are so may people in Europe that deserve this oppurtunity! A city like London