good colleges to help you get a job at Pixar

I remember there used to be a thread like this, although I looked and couldn’t seem to find it :confused: I was hoping if any of you guys could tell me what the best colleges are if you want to be a character animator or screenwriter at Pixar. I looked on the Cal Arts page and it didn’t seem to say anything about Animation. :confused:

Scott Clark (supervising animator at Pixar, lead animator for Up) direct messaged me on twitter and suggested Ringling School of Art and Design, I might apply there soon. I want to go tremendously. It costs as much as a standard art school, but it has an amazing animation program apparently. He also suggested animationmentor.com, it’s an online animation university. It looks really great, but I’m not sure I’d be comfortable with working with teachers online like that, I prefer having a physical person to talk to.’

It was really cool of Scott to go out of his way for that, I really can’t wait to get somewhere!

Here’s the link to that thread you remembered but couldn’t find. :slight_smile:

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5225

Thanks! That helps! :smiley:
I hope you make it ffdufe1906! maybe one day we’ll be co-workers :wink: along with Hannahmation of course! :smiley:

And Mitch, little_chef, and PV!

of course! How funny would it be if one day we all discover that most of our co-workers are from Pixar Planet! I would find myself very lucky to be friends with many of the Pixar Planet members in real life! :smiley:

Agreed. You guys are some of the best friends I’ve made, online or offline. :wink:

Hey ffdude1906 Me to! I decided to change course next semester. And my parent has give a go for it. So, I gotta do well in my current course and hoping that my college dean approve it. Wish me luck! :smiley:

Can’t wait to see you guys in the next 10 years at Emeryville! (Wow. What am I so optimistic?)[/b]

I can’t decide if I want to work at Pixar or Disney yet, but trust me when I make my decision you guys will be the first to know :slight_smile:.

i attend the Art Institute of Pittsburgh, and that can lead to Pixar. All in all, its you personal ability, and work that will get you into Pixar, not the school.

if you put together a great portfolio, you can get the job.

Sweet! That was me! Cha-Ching!