What's your favorite Pixar soundtrack composer?

personally, Michael Giacchino. His songs are AWESOME!!!

Giaccino is one of my favorite composers, especially 100 Yard Dash from the incredibles. But personally nothing can top Thomas Newman’s score for WALL-E and Finding Nemo, as each bring about the same emotions while listening to them as I felt watching the films.

how many composers are there that do pixar movies :question:

Pixart: Pixar has had Michael Giacchino, Randy Newman, and Thomas Newman as composers for their films.

It’s really hard for me to pick “the best” Pixar composer, seeing as they all have done a splendid job on each Pixar film so far.
Each composer was simply a natural match for the respective films. Pixar just has this uncanny knack of always picking the right “maestro” for the job. :slight_smile:

As far as Pixar movies and soundtracks go, I like Thomas Newman best. He does such a great job of creating beautiful music that can be catchy and heartfelt.

Randy Newman…you gotta love “You’ve got a friend in me”

yeah. love that song! [the most fav song: Le Festin]

new here and i know its an old post but i had to chime in! I love MG and particularly his ratatoille score. Randy is classic and helped pixar become what it is today. But for me… NOTHING can beat thomas newman and the raw emotion he brings to the movie with his music. My ONLY fault with finding nemo was that i felt the volume on the music was too low! Luckily for me, in Wall-E the volume was much louder and you got a good sense of what he was trying to do. I hope he is back for more pixar in the future, as those films were a departure from his standard long minor string pieces of other films.

Michael. Giacchino. For. The. Win.

Up With End Credits-Greatest song of all time. He did fantastic for Up (best movie soundtrack I’ve ever heard, so emotionally gripping!), The Incredibles, and Ratatouille!

I also like Monsters, Inc.'s soundtrack, the jazzy version of “Wouldn’t Have Nothin” is really awesome to listen to.

michael is my favorite so far

Have you heard how much Thomas Newman’s tracks sound like his other movies? I find Finding Nemo’s scores to be very alike that of Lemony Snicket’s: A Series Of Unfortunate Events. He does do very beautiful and emotional tracks though…

I am having to go with Randy Newman on this, because I love his use of Jazz in the Monsters Inc. soundtrack. You’ve Got A Friend In Me is pure classic and is just so, what’s the word… addictive?

Unfortunately, I did not like much of the music from Pixar, as I’m more into the serious mood (often as dark as Terminator 2, which IS one of the best film scores I’ve ever heard). I thought Thomas Newman’s score to Wall-E was okay, though, especially considering he acknowledged the genre (even if only a little) by using a little bit of synthesizers (Yes, I’m a synth-nut! :smiley:).

LOL. Actually it’s not a song IMO, it’s a music score. And I love it too! But I prefer Married Life. :smiley:

It’s hard to choose a favorite. They’re all so great at what they do. Pixar definately did a great in choosing who they wanted for the job. But I do have a fav.

My favorite is Randy Newman. He’s had some great songs and has been a part of some great movies and TV shows. One of my favorite things is that he was on The Colbert Report a few years ago. Check it out. I thought it was pretty cool.

Intro : [url]The Colbert Report - Season 11 - TV Series | Comedy Central US

Interview : [url]The Colbert Report - Season 11 - TV Series | Comedy Central US

Performing “Political Science” : [url]The Colbert Report - Season 11 - TV Series | Comedy Central US

Giacchino. Up and The Incredibles have the best soundtracks of all the Pixar films.

Another Giacchino vote here. I enjoyed Incredibles, with that big 60s jazz sound, but fell absolutely in love with his score for Ratatouille, jazzy, romantic, bit of swing, bit of Gershwin, bit of Debussy, just beautiful. Up is the sweet frothy icing on the cake, with that charming period feel, and I’m still going to be mighty upset if it doesn’t win an Oscar…

I will say, though, that I think the composers through all the Pixar features have been ideally suited to the films they’ve scored, and I’ve enjoyed them all.

Great topic!

I’m going to say Thomas Newman is my favourite Pixar composer. I have [i]just[/b] sat down and listened to the WALL-E soundtrack and it is still my favourite, although Michael Giacchino’s Ratatouille soundtrack is very exciting and interesting to listen to.

Thomas’ work on WALL-E has a kind of magical, calm quality to it. Especially the opening ‘2815 A.D.’ and ‘Static’, my absolute favourites. Just the way the music is structured and how the music fits the film perfectly makes me enjoy it more than other Pixar scores.

Michael Giacchino, of course!!! But my heart still has space for Randy Newman, since he’s the genius behind Toy Story’s soundtrack. :smiley:

Thomas Newman’s music is just beautiful for Finding Nemo and Wall-E, and you can’t help but love Randy Newman’s singing voice. I also liked Michael Giacchino’s music for Up and that jazzy theme he made for The Incredibles.