Did Anyone Else Notice???

Just got back from seeing Coraline (really enjoyed it, too) and I noticed something pretty neat in the first few scenes.

The moving truck that’s moving Coraline and her family has “Ranft Brothers” on the side of it, and later when they show the movers, they definitely look as though they were styled after Joe and Jerome Ranft!!

Did anyone else notice or know about this?

Wow! An inside joke? Wonder why they did that, though… :question:
Well, another reason to go see Coraline, then! :slight_smile:

It’s because Joe & Jerome Ranft worked with Henry Selick on Nightmare Before Christmas before they went on to work at Pixar. I haven’t seen Coraline yet, but I am really looking forward to it. So did you see it in 3-D?

Hmmm… I didn’t notice that! That’s cool though.

I got why they put it in there, but i still haven’t sen the movie. I’m going tomorow actually and I’ll keep my eyes peeled for it!
Just a little tidbit for those who might not know, Joe Ranft worked at Disney and with Tim Burton/Henry Sellick before going to Pixar where he became best known as Heimlich and the most awesome story artist. Too bad he’s gone now, but he left a great legacy. If you want to learn more about Joe, check out the book ‘Two Guys Named Joe: Master Animation Storytellers Joe Grant and Joe Ranft’ coming in Fall 2009.

Ha-ha. I had a feeling that there was something interesting inscribed on that truck besides just “Movers”. I should have looked closer.

In addition to this, Jerome Ranft provided a voice for one of the characters in Coraline – I believe it was one of the “movers”. Now it all makes sense. (heheh)

Thanks for sharing this information with us, RaeKasey! :wink:

– Mitch

Haha, that’s pretty cool! Definitely got to see Coraline now! Thanks for telling us about that, RaeKasey. Looks like it’s just impossible to get away from Pixar. :laughing:

The Ranft brothers? cool! I’d like to see a screen shot of that.

thats pretty clever actually! Im yet to see Caroline, im just going to wait until this one is on dvd. :confused: