Pixar summer internship 2013

Hi!
There were lots of discussions previous years about Pixar summer internships, but this year everyone seems to be quiet.
I applied for PUP program, and waiting time has started.
Who else has applied?
Let’s keep in touch, and let each other know when you get replies.
Good luck to everyone!

I applied for the set dressing residency, after getting as far as a phone interview for PUP last year. Here’s my reel: kevinbakercg.com

Good luck with getting that position!
It’s great to get a phone interview! Hopefully, they will start replying soon.
I like your reel. Pretty neat works done:)
This is my last chance for summer internship. :confused: I’m not an art/animation major, and worked on my own using online tutorials.
Here is my reel youtube.com/watch?v=DarGCLzfzPk

Question: how soon do they normally contact you for a internship?

Last year forums were saying that they started getting replies after the week of the deadline. So, hopefully soon.

Oh I hope so… I only hope they will qualify me because I graduated in May of last year. I entered in hoping for a chance at the Marketing and really worked hard on a unique cover letter and resume. It really shows my personality. I have my fingers crossed. I really really really want this internship!

As stupid as it sounds I saved my fortune from a fortune cookie telling me I will get good news Friday… I don’t care that’s how much hope I have.

Hopefully they will start calling people for PUP interview this week. Everyone seems really quite this year, it makes the wait even longerrr…

Good Luck, LittleTomo!! Let’s keep hoping! Let us know when you get any news.

Yeah…I wonder why people are so quiete this year…

yeah people are being extremely quiet and it’s freaking me out!!! Good luck to everyone that applied, hopefully we will here back soon.

Is it bad that I got a fortune that said you will soon embark on a great adventure, and thought the same thing :laughing:

@sospanov: Good luck back! If we both make it you I will see you this summer!

It might be not as many people are applying or not as many people are on the forums that applied this year. I only recently knew this forum existed. We don’t get internships like this out where I live. Atlanta is the “closest” place and that’s far and expensive for little to no pay. I don’t have anyone who lives there anymore to crash on their couch and help pay for small things. Where I am currently is so economically depressed its hurts. I couldn’t even get a job at Walmart recently because A.) I have a degree and B.) I am fighting everyone in my small town for a job. Half my college friends and non-college friends can only get seasonal or drive upwards to 45 minutes away to get a job. It’s getting better but so slow. So I can understand many things are in high demand. I am fighting for this because I can’t get a real job without experience and its a fight to get it. Also mainly because this has been a dream job since high school. I either have to do it for free out here or going up against several people. I would do it for free but the time asked of me for free labor gives me hardly the amount of hours to work to pay for gas. I can’t save any money either like that for my Masters or to pay for loans.

I know there are people who have it worse than me and most others. I feed my friend meals when I can. I wish each and every person the best and hope they get their wish come true for something great and don’t have to struggle going forward. We all work so hard and sometimes its discouraging when we get let down. Just means your up for better things. Stay strong with heads held high. Don’t let the world get you down!

I wish you tons of luck maybe we will both have our fortunes granted!!! Last time I saved one like that it came true! Who knows maybe we will be lucky!

Little Tomo, you made my day! It is so good for people to have such an attitude! Keep fighting for your dreams, and you definitely will get there sooner or later. :smiley:

:smiley:

I applied too! THis wait is killing me!

ruskenberry, it’s killing me too((( Let me know when you get something from them.
Can you, guys, share your reels too. I’m curious to see what other applicants have :wink:

Do you know how they handle internships? Like do they have a dorms in which out of state stay in or is it you find your own. For the most part I have found contradicting information on a lot of what pixar does and doesn’t. I know any food is out of your pocket. I am more than sure they don’t cover your flight. I don’t know many interns never really talk about it. They have the “resident” but I am guessing that is for specific groups. They use different terms for resident vs intern but label it as a internship. Resident is someone who stays for a longer period vs an intern who ends up only being there a short period of time. Their FAQs is kind of vague in as to the individual departments.

One website says they pay you more than the average summer job which would be 7.25 an hour for most low end jobs. I just wonder if they do like Disney and pay you less but give you the covered dorm space. What do you guys think?

Not sure about other programs but I do know PUP comes with housing.

For internships they provide housing, where you will share a room with someone. The payment is around 13-15 dollars per hour.
I think I’ve read somewhere that they pay for the flights to and from the internship. I’m not sure though.
You can google pixar internship salaries, and see in glassdoor or somewhere else some reviews on their internships.