Does Brave make it into your top 5 best Pixar movies list?

Recently came across this top 5 list [url]http://bit.ly/L0Du62[/url] and it got me thinking (firstly Pixar has some of the best movie posters) about if Brave would make it into my top 5 Pixar movies. They have The Incredibles at #1 and Brave doesn’t make their list. I’d have to say Brave is a beautiful looking film, but I don’t think the characters are as memorable as other Pixar movies, so I doubt I’d throw it on my list. Anyone else want to chime in on this?

That’s kind of what I think, but I almost never rank a Pixar movie until I’ve seen it a second time. I don’t think Brave is as high on my list as the others but I do like it.

Sure does. It just made the cut on my list knocking out Ratatouille and Finding Nemo.

Naw, it doesn’t. I really wish it did. But there’s too many others that I absolutely adore, and this one just doesn’t match them

unfortunately no. I wanted it to be, but it just doesn’t.

Yup, it kicked Finding Nemo from spot #2 and now sits just behind my all-time favourite, Toy Story 3.

It might move around a bit after the initial oh gosh a new Pixar film yaaaaay this is my favourite movie ever bias wears off, but it’s definitely in my top 5.

Bad news for me. Crying :imp:

Nope. It was good, but didn’t make the cut. I’ll see if I can come up with an order here…

Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3
The incredibles
Toy Story
Monsters inc
UP
Wall-e
Nemo
A bugs life
Brave
Ratatouille
Cars
Cars 2

It doesn’t make the top 5 for me sadly, it’s probably around the 9-10 place.

Yes. I think it’s either 4th or 5th place

Not only did it make Top 5, it made Top 3 for me. I thought it was amazing! I really can’t wait to see it again :smiley:

I honestly stink at rating the Pixar films, because I can never bring myself to say that any one of their films is better than the others. I instead like to separate the films in top, middle, and bottom tiers. For me right now, Brave fits snuggly into the top tier alongside with both Cars, TS3, Nemo, and WALL-E, and the best Pixar film is a toss-up between those 6. However, seeing that I’ve only watched it once, and my initially viewings of films tend to idealize them, Brave will most likely slip into the middle tier after repeated viewings. Either way, it was amazing! :smiley:

Does Brave make my Top 5 Pixar list?
Not at all.
Not that it was bad, but to me it most definitely lacked that extra Pixar touch.

I’ll paraphrase a review I read recently which I thought hit it right on target. I can’t remember if it was the LA Times or Time Magazine… but it was a major reviewer who said basically that if it wasn’t a Pixar movie, it would be fine… but we’ve all come to expect a little more from Pixar – and cited as an example, the wonderful “La Luna” that came before it. I couldn’t have agreed more.

There was nothing really wrong with Brave… except (a) I found it very, very predictable (I found myself whispering to myself all the things that I thought were about to happen – and just about all them happened just as I thought they would. Most Pixar movies aren’t anywhere near predictable). And (b) it was just missing that spark (maybe originality? Maybe something else?) that we love in the best of the Pixar movies.

Seeing the trailer for “Monsters Inc 2” beforehand, I sadly think the next Pixar film will be much the same way: funny and entertaining perhaps, but just from that short clip at least, it didn’t seem that that one will rise to the best of Pixar’s level either (I thought the first Monsters was amazing and original) – and it’s not an anti-sequel thing… I consider Toy Story 2 to be right at the top of my favorite Pixars. But I’m not so sure about Monsters 2.

Again, I’m not dissing Brave. It was a good movie. But for me anyway, not on the “I’ve got to have that on DVD as soon as it comes out!” level the way so many other Pixar movies have been.

At least there’s hope on the horizon though. The 2014 and 2015 ones look mighty interesting to me (one being where the emotions inside a girl’s brain are the main characters of the movie supposedly… and the other based on the Day of the Dead holiday). That to me, at least in concept, seems more back to Pixar at its best…

I’m afraid not. It is laugh-out-loud hilarious, but its plot leaves quite a bit to be desired. Still, it made it to #9, between Up and Monster, Inc.

Sorry, but it’s outside the Top 5 (maybe in the 7 or 8 slot). My Top 5 is as follows:

1. Toy Story 2
  2. The Incredibles
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Ratatouille
  5. Up

My list

1. Toy Story
  2. Toy Story 2
  3. Toy Story 3
  4. Monster Inc.
  5. Wall-E
  6. Up
  7. Cars 2
    :sunglasses: The Incredibles
  8. Ratatouille
  9. Brave
  10. Finding Nemo
  11. Cars
  12. A Bug’s Life

No, but that’s not surprising. I consider that my top 5 Pixar’s movies (Wall-e, Up, Finding Nemo, Toy Story and TS3), reach a quality difficult to beat.
But artistically it is in the top 5 if not at the very top.

Nah, I mean, it was okay and entertaining, but I dont need to own it or anything.

Top 5

1. Cars
  2. Nemo
  3. TS3
  4. Wall-e
  5. Monsters Inc

That’s pretty much how I feel about it. My top five are very tightly packed.

No, it doesn’t. I guess if I decided to refresh my ranking list, I’d rank Brave pretty low, and not because it was bad, but because I loved most of the others more.