Pixar Planet Awards 2011 - For Your Consideration

Okay guys, with the year completed, it’s time to start up the Pixar Planet awards again. The first step is the FYC thread, in which members can post suggested material for users to consider for nomination. More details below.

//////////\

Announcement: Please take note of new nomination categories for this year. Contributors can edit their ‘FYC’ posts to take advantage of these new categories.

This is the ‘For Your Consideration’ thread created for the upcoming Pixar Planet Awards. :mrgreen:

The Pixar Planet Awards is an annual community event where members recognise the achievements of their fellow Pixar Planeteers. It will run from January 8 - January 31. For more detailed scheduling information, see the “Pixar Planet Awards 2011 = General Discussion” thread or send me or any of the Mods a private message - do not post your questions here.

Much like the For Your Consideration campaigns the movie studios run in the lead-up to the Oscars, this thread is a chance for you to show other members the artwork that you feel is the best, and also so other members don’t have to go through all of the various art threads to see an example of your best work submitted at Pixar Planet.

Of course, members can feel free to look around the art sections (both Pixar and non-Pixar) of the forum themselves and nominate work of yours that you don’t choose to post in the thread. Please read the following rules carefully.

This is NOT a discussion thread, or a nomination thread. When we want you to privately send in your nominations, we will post another thread announcement. You post examples of your OWN work here only.

• RULES *
  • Only one submission of your work per category, and only submit work for the categories below. Make sure your work fits the correct category.

• Your work must be new since last year’s awards. That is, posted from January 16, 2011 onwards (the closing date for last year’s nominations).

• One post per member in this thread, please. Keep all of your submissions to that one post only. No excessive editing of your posts to change your submissions here. Please choose your one best piece of your work for each category and stick with it.

• You do not have to submit any work in this thread if you don’t want to: it’s totally optional. You can still be nominated and win an award by someone seeing your work in one of your threads and nominating from seeing it there.

• Your signature and avatar that you submit may either be Pixar or non-Pixar. You must have created it yourself (in a graphics program, scanning and uploading and cropping your favourite picture would qualify.)

• All artwork must have been posted in this forum, and please try to provide a link to the thread where you originally posted information about the video/batch of graphics etc, if you know how to do this. Fanfiction can be complete or in progress, but please link to the first chapter of your fanfiction page.

• ‘Best Artwork’ covers traditional artwork (painting, sketches, or anything you would post in the ‘Artwork’ sub-forum.) ‘Best Artwork (Other Category)’ covers miscellaneous artwork that does fit into any other category (usually found under the ‘Fandom’ section of the forum itself.) This is in relation to Pixar artwork.

• You can submit links to your best work in as little or as many categories above as you like, but once again, only one piece of your own work per category. Or you can choose not to submit any of your work in this thread at all, it’s up to you. Just keep in mind a lot of members will be looking at this thread when the time comes for nominating.

• You have 14 days from the date of this post to post your work in this thread.

The categories that you may submit links for in this thread are...

Best Signature (open category)
Best Avatar (open category)
Best Video (open category)
Best Pixar Fan Fiction 
Best Non-Pixar Fan Fiction (including mash-ups)
Best Pixar Artwork 
Best Non-Pixar Artwork (including mash-ups)

[b]OR[/b]

Instead of singling out one piece of artwork for the categories above, you can link to your thread with your work of 2011 for the following categories...

Best Video Maker 
Best Graphic and Icon Artist 
Best Fan Fiction Writer 
Best Fan Artist 
Best Original Artist

Here is an example of a correct post in this thread (just pretend the below submissions are all by the same member.) 

---------------------------------------------- 
[b]Best Video[/b] - 'We Will Get There' - [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/rules/76/1]Thread Link[/url] 

[b]Best Fanfiction[/b] - 'The Incredibles: Syndrome's Return' [url=http://www.pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3281&start=0]Thread link[/url] 

[b]Best Signature[/b] - 
[img]http://i34.tinypic.com/2jdnu4m.jpg[/img] 

[b]Best Avatar[/b] - 
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/2d0djcn.jpg[/img]

[b]Best Non-Pixar Artwork[/b] - 'Meerkat Manor - Kinkajou' [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/fan-section/74/1]Thread link[/url] 
----------------------------------------------

Note: Those above examples wouldn't be able to be nominated since it is artwork from 2008.

If you would instead like to link to your graphics/videos/artwork threads in place of picking out one graphic, you can do so (or link to your videos/fanfiction etc). If you're still unsure of what to do, take a look at the FYC thread for the [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/pixar-planet-awards-for-your-consideration/3600/1]2008[/url] and [url=https://pixarplanet.com/forums/t/2009-pixar-planet-awards-for-your-consideration/5178/1]2009[/url] Pixar Planet Awards as an example.

:wink:

Best Graphics & Icons Artist: [url]Buzz&Woodyforever's Signatures - Non-Pixar Art - Pixar Planet Forums
Best Video Maker: [url]Buzz&Woodyforever's animations - Non-Pixar Art - Pixar Planet Forums

Best Signature

Here’s what I’m going this year.

Best Original Artist: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9337

Best Non-Pixar Artwork : Charlie Chaplin & Buster Keaton

Best Signature-

Please consider me for:

Best Graphic and Icon Artist (pages 6-8)

Best Fan Artist (pages 13-14)
or
Best Pixar Artwork:

(posted here)

Best Video: What I’ve Done: A WALL-E MV
(posted here)

Best Fanfiction Writer (I’ve written several small pieces of Ratatouille fanfiction, which can be found in the fanfiction section)

little chef

Hey everyone. I haven’t been here in a while. But I’m still gonna nominate myself for some things.

Best fan fic: Monsters Inc. 2

Best signature:

Hello, my fellow Pixar Planet members! Please consider me for the following categories:

Best Original Artist (Link automatically goes to recent work; nudity is only on previous pages right now)

Best Non-Pixar Artwork (Keep in mind that I did not use a pencil, pen, grid, or tablet for this digital painting at all—just a Macbook trackpad!)

My graphics thread:

[Graphics & Icons by A113 & K9Girl)

For your consideration…

Best Fan Fiction- Family Tidings

Best Fan Fiction Writer

Hope that was the correct format for my post! :laughing:

Best fanfic writer/best fanfic: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=8863 are my most recent stuff.

Best non-pixar fanfic writer: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=9244

Ah, I guess I’ll try.

Best avatar:

Best signature:

Best Fanfiction:

Best Fan Artist:

Best Fan Art Piece:

Cold and Violet Winter
violet-the-siberian.deviantart.c … /#/d4gwsmw

Best Non-Pixar Artist:
pixarplanet.com/forums/viewt … 2&start=30

Best Non-Pixar Artwork:

Akita
i52.tinypic.com/2qa3388.jpg

The FYC thread is officially closed! I’m a little bit late, but nominations will begin today. Head over to the Nominations thread and read through the rules as best as you can. Time to start sending in those ballots!

EDIT: Sorry, my bad!! :blush: Please read TDIT’s post below for more information, my most sincere apologies!!

little chef

Sorry guys, according to the first post, it’s not. So I’m unlocking it in case any last-minute folks want to get your entries in (like Yours Truly). :blush: 3 More Days, people! :wink:

For those of you who have yet to send in your nominations, please consider me for:

Best Fan Artist: Snipe’s PixArt

Thanks! :smiley:

Whoa! Just in time!

Please and thank you consider me for…

Best Fan Artist: Art of SallyMcQueen :mrgreen:

And as usual, TDIT is ever the reliable procrastinator. :wink:

If you haven’t sent in your votes yet, do consider me for:

~Best Graphic & Icon Artist~
Pixar
Non-Pixar

~Best Video~
Fast & Feathered 5

~Best Video Maker~
Youtube channel

~Best Pixar Fan Fiction~
Trust (2nd installment of the Cars One-Shot Trilogy)

~Best Non-Pixar Artwork~

One Bullet

Thanks for your consideration! :smiley:

Aw, my Pixar art has been severely lacking this year, but I still got some submissions.

Best Signature

Best Avatar

Best Pixar Fan Fiction
Little Wonders
[url]Little Wonders, A Cars Fanfiction - Fan Fiction - Pixar Planet Forums

Best Signature

Best Non-Pixar Artwork

All right, this time I mean it! :laughing: The FYC thread closes today, but you still have seven days to send in your nomination ballots! We’re pushing the dates ahead to reflect this change, since we wanted to give people who were a bit late to the party a little more time to fill out their ballots correctly.

Good luck to all of our participants!

little chef