" I hate Pixar Planet"

I found this website called BoggsBoard and here’s 2 threads about Pixar Planet

boggsboard.proboards.com/index.c … ge=1#42864

boggsboard.proboards.com/index.c … ge=1#43726

Lizardgirl is also their.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Well, those are their opinions and they are entitled to it. pitbulllady has always been quite outspoken and very intense in her views about Randall, sometimes even frighteningly so and she seems quite angry. I don’t feel that Pixar Planet is a popularity contest at all. I think we all like it when others take notice of our work and posts, which is natural, but I can’t ever say that I’ve felt like I’ve needed to fight for attention. Just be nice and the people here are usually the same back to you, at least in my experience.

And perhaps the reason why people didn’t respond to sgtyapyap’s work is because this isn’t a music forum. It’s a Pixar forum, so not only are you competing with other people’s Pixar work here for recognition, but against the whole Internet. To expect people to take the time to listen to your music on a forum that isn’t even about that is expecting a bit much IMO.

For the record, I think Randall is a great Pixar character. Kinda bummed that we have a member who doesn’t log on here anymore trashing the entire community behind our backs. :unamused:

I kinda agree with them…but yeah RC made a good point…I’m neutral but I’m leaning more towards them because I know what it’s like to be a fan of something that it seems like everybody else hates…it does seem like if your a fan of something not “popular” and I mean a ultimate fan,like Toy Story,or Mr.Incredible,then you’ll get ignored…or treated diffrently… Yeah be kind when expressing your opinions,but I think there’s a diffrence from being firm and being rude. It goes both ways…

:-\ OK now...I don't want to be mean, but am I the only one who think the die-hard Randall fan is a bit...um, saddlesore? I mean, I've never seen any extreme Randall hating (the most I've seen are my own rants about him being over-sympathized with and Mike and Sully demonized, which this person clearly is doing) We "don't believe in people changing for the better?" Randell [i:2plrcrvv]kidnapped and tried to torture a 2-3 year old girl for personal gain.[/i:2plrcrvv] Sure, he's funny, snarky and an enjoyable character, but he's still a villain. It sounds to me that she's giving him a major [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DracoInLeatherPants:2plrcrvv]Draco in Leather Pants[/url:2plrcrvv] treatment.

And I just don’t get the whole "punk/goth" thing. I’ve never even seen anything [i:2plrcrvv]about[/i:2plrcrvv] punks and goths, and I’m pretty sure I’m one of the oldest active members right now.

And here’s the last thing: I am perfectly willing to admit that I am not one of the more popular members on this forum, but I have been here for three years. In that time, I’ve become very experienced in the ways of the internet and I promise anyone questioning their choice to join here that most forums are NOT this friendly…in fact, at times I’ve thought the mods are a little quick to ban people for being mean. We have our spats and there are members that get more attention than others but that is LIFE, darling, not everyone is equal. My non-Pixar videos don’t have a single comment on them, but I don’t go whining about how little attention they get because this is a PIXAR forum.

I have to agree with what TDIT said. It’s a shame to see a former member of the community trashing the place behind our backs.

I actually really liked lizardgirl when she was here. She was one of the oldies from way back when I first joined. She was one of two huge Randell fans I knew on the forum (her and Fairly Odd New Yorker) both of which were never chastised for their love of the character from what I saw. If you’re not obnoxious about him, we won’t care if you like him. Its when you try to claim that he’s the good guy who didn’t deserve anything he got or that Mike and Sully are evil and shouldn’t have punished him for KIDNAPPING AND TRYING TO TORTURE A SMALL CHILD that people start to not like you.

Popularity contest, hmm. The way I see it, if you’re nice and you have something interesting and relevant to say, people are going to be nice and say relevant things back. And I’ve never seen anyone “anti-Randall”, but that may be more down to the fact I haven’t been on the boards too long in perspective. It’s a shame to see a former member trash PP, but theres nothing any of us can do really. Theres no point in getting upset and angry because that looks bad on our part, I guess.

Oh gasp…just because somebody had trouble registering…
As for the second link, yes, some honesty between Randall fans at the time in relation to Pixar Planet.

coughs Well Rac, he didn’t “torture” anybody. The Scream Extractor was just that, extractor of screams. To his credit, the time it took to create would involve safety precautions. We’ve seen it used on Fungus and he was fine in a few minutes, back to normal.

“It’s a shame to see a former member of the community trashing the place behind our backs.”
Who is this referring to. Lizardgirl? If so, judging a small non-trash-talking post made a year ago is kind of a bitter move.

I’m just kind of confused with what’s going on here.

Pixarteers reacting to finding information about themselves outside of the actual forum, which discusses a member’s (of the board) difficulty with registering here (Pixar Planet) and the differing opinions of past members here (who are both members of the board and Pixar Planet) acknowledging the question that was proposed in a topic (on the board).

Um, he held a CHILD against their will, one who was obviously distressed about it, and Fungus looked pretty shaken up and physically ill after the machine was accidentally used on him, not to mention the psychological scars of Boo that would have resulted from the act. And you can theorise all you like (a lot of that goes on with Randall fans - theorising about what might have happened or how he acted that they didn’t show in the film, all to justify his actions) but the fact is we don’t know how it would have felt to have a scream extracted from a little girl, and unless Randall tried it on himself, then I would assume that he didn’t care, because to him, the ends justified the means. I get that Randall has a backstory, but it still doesn’t make it ok to act the way that he did.

Regardless, I don’t want to turn this isn’t yet ANOTHER pro-Randall thread because we all get how you feel, and for the most part, Pixar fans do not agree with you, and if that is the case, then perhaps it is better that there is a place such as bogsboard so that Randall fans can pretend that he is a good character. Maybe some more light will be shed on him in Monsters, Inc. 2 and we will understand a bit further where Randall came from, but when you don’t have empathy (such as Sulley did), whether that be because of past experiences or your personality, you don’t have it.

This is just a guess, but I would think that people here are referring to pitbull lady. lizardgirl is a moderator here, and although she’s been busy with university lately, she’s was and is a model member of how it’s best to let things go and not get bitter if most people don’t like a charcter that you love. She’s just a nice person and if only more Randall fans were like her.

I’m locking this thread now because it’s not constructive.

We all know that Pixar Planet is a great place to be, and that’s all that matters.

:mrgreen:

EDIT: Quick word, here. I just want to say that I was not referring to lizardgirl (who’s still one of my friends on Twitter) about the “trashing us behind our backs” comment, but pitbullady. lizardgirl is still my fellow Mod and friend, and is one of the more level-headed Randall fans here. :wink:

• TDIT