First Pixar Planet Fan Video Contest

The First Pixar Planet Fan Video Contest

Rules

General Rules

• All participants MUST be in the Videos Usergroup
  • All fan videos must have a Pixar reference in it. Other movies, TV Shows, music, etc may be used as long as one Pixar movie or short is feautred in the video.
  • A participant may compete in any/every category/subcategory, but is only limited to only one video per category.
    -Due to this being the first contest, previously made videos may be accepted. Recently created videos highly recommended though.

Submission Rules

-To have your video eligible for nomination, you must post it on a video-hosting site (youtube, dailymotion, etc) if you are having complications, PM me and I can give you more video-hosting sites.
-All material must be viewable for all audiences. No R-rated material (nudity, blood, over-expressed torture, cursing, etc) is allowed for this contest.

Dates and Deadlines

-Contest start: August 31 (12:00 AM Eastern US Time)
-Last day of submissions/Nominations start: October 31 (12:00 AM Eastern US Time)

• Voting ends: Nov 7 (12:00 AM Eastern US Time)
    -Winner Announced: Some time after that.

Theme

If you noticed, most of the activity takes place in October. And what happens in October? Halloween! This contest’s theme shall encompass Halloween, horror, terror, monsters, etc. Use your creativity to portray the best video that will send chills down a person’s spine or scream in terror. Or even laugh because of a horribly done horror movie sequel.

Categories

Recut

• Movie Trailer: The best. well editted, flawlessly stuctured theatrical trailer or teaser trailer.
  • TV Promo: The best. well editted, flawlessly stuctured commerical for a TV series or miniseries.
  • Story: A well editted video that tells a clear story.
  • Mash-Up/Experimental: A video, not on the line of a music video, that expresses an artistic impression.

Music Video

• Lyric Matching: A music video that matches the clips with the lyrics of the music.
  • Story Based: A music video with a story telling theme.
  • Character Based: A music video with the music and clips centered around a single characters.
  • Overview: A tribute music video.

Other

• Character Study/Recap: A video looking from a character’s point of view.

If a single video can fit with more than one category, you may submit it.

Prize

A special prize shall be awarded to the winner of this contest. Details to follow

Video Editing Tips

Reccomended

• Clear audio quality: both music and/or sound is audible and clear.
  • Be bold, explore new things. Be brave to experiment
  • Use of transitions to make video flow, not choppy transitions.
  • organization

Not Reccomended

• Repetition of clips
  • Dizzying effects or too much effects to a point where it becomes distracting.
  • use of too long clips
  • Too much clips with characters standing and talking with little action.

//////////\

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a PM or post it in the “A Possible Contest” Thread. Do not post your videos for nomination consideration in the “A Possible Contest” Thread. I shall later create a thread where participants can post up their videos.

Due to only two people have sumitted their work, i have extended the deadline untl the end of the month.

REMINDER!!!
This contest closes on Halloween! You all have about 4 days to finish up what you got.