Pixar Planet Awards - For Your Consideration

This is the ‘For Your Consideration’ thread created for the upcoming Pixar Planet Awards. :mrgreen:

It’s your chance to show other members the artwork that you feel is the best and also so other members don’t have to go through all of the various art threads to see an example of your best work. Of course, members can feel free to look around the art sections (both Pixar and non-Pixar) of the forum themselves and nominate work of yours that you don’t choose to post in the thread. Please read these rules carefully. If you have any questions, please PM me or rachelcakes1985.

This is NOT a discussion thread, or a nomination thread. When we want you to send in your nominations, we will post another thread announcement. You post examples of your OWN work here only.

• RULES *
  • Only one submission of your work per category, and only submit work for the categories below. Make sure your work fits the correct category.

• One post per member in this thread, please. Keep all of your submissions to that one post only. No excessive editing of your posts to change your submissions here. Please choose your one best piece of your work for each category and stick with it.

• You do not have to submit any work in this thread if you don’t want to: it’s totally optional. You can still be nominated and win an award by someone seeing your work in one of your threads and nominating from seeing it there.

Here are all of the art-related categories of which pertain to submitting some work here. Of course there are other awards, but they do not need work submitted by you here, so they haven’t been shown yet:

Best Signature
Best Avatar

PIXAR-RELATED
Best Video
Best FanFiction
Best Artwork
Best Artwork (Other Category)

NON-PIXAR-RELATED
Best Non-Pixar Artwork

Your signature and avatar that you submit may either be Pixar or non-Pixar. You must have created it yourself (in a graphics program, scanning and uploading and cropping your favourite picture would qualify.)

All artwork must have been posted in this forum, and please try to provide link to thread where you originally posted information about the video/batch of graphics etc, if you know how to do this. Fanfiction can be complete or in progress, but please link to the first chapter of your fanfiction page.

‘Best Artwork’ covers traditional artwork (painting, sketches, or anything you would post in the ‘Artwork’ sub-forum.) ‘Best Artwork (Other Category)’ covers miscellaneous artwork that does fit into any other category (usually found under the ‘Fandom’ section of the forum itself.) This is in relation to Pixar artwork.

You can submit links to your best work in as little or as many categories above as you like, but once again, only one piece of your own work per category. Or you can choose not to submit any of your work in this thread at all, it’s up to you. Just keep in mind a lot of members will be looking at this thread when the time comes for nominating.

Here is an example of a correct post in this thread (just pretend the below submissions are all by the same member.)

Best Video - ‘We Will Get There’ - Thread Link

Best Fanfiction - ‘The Incredibles: Syndrome’s Return’ Thread link

Best Signature -

Best Avatar -

Best Non-Pixar Artwork - ‘Meerkat Manor - Kinkajou’ Thread link

And so on… I used a few other members’ works as example, but of course, you will only be submitting work of your own. If you are confused, look at my and rachelcakes1985’s posts below for examples, or private message me or her your post before posting your submission in this thread, and we can look over it for you to make sure it is correct. If you don’t know how to post links to a specific post in one of your threads, or how to upload images, etc PM rachelcakes1985.

Again, don’t post any questions or comments in this thread, as this thread is not for that purpose and they will get deleted. Details on how to nominate other members/members’ work for awards will be coming soon!

Considerations for TSS’s nomination

Best Fanfiction: The Incredibles: Syndrome’s Return

Premise: Syndrome returns and that means bad new for the family of Supers. Plus, Violet gets an opportunity of a life time to be normal, but how will it affect her family?

Best Video: The Incredibles

A 7 minute, 30 second music video tribute to the movie the Incredibles and their characters. (Music: The Incredits, Michael Giacchino)

Best Avatar -

Best Signature -

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

Obviously. :stuck_out_tongue:

Best Fan Fiction:
ii - An Incredibles Sequel Thread link

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

Best Artwork:
1st posted in this topic: Pewpewpew5522's Fan Art.

Best Non-Pixar Artwork:
1st posted in this topic: Pewpewpew5522's miscellaneous drawings.

Best Signiture-

Best Non-Pixar Artwork-Thread Link
Ansonia I-The beautiful land of Ansonia is set up by scientists as an example of the greatness of science but a majority wants to use the land for other purposes. What will happen to the land and what will happen when the two sides battle?

Best Fanfic-
Oh…this is hard…ummm.

Troubled Teens- Thread Link
The two kids from Droid Revenge are back with their prologues to their entrance in TI2. Find out what they went through before knowing their powers and their decisions.

Best Signature-

Best Avatar-

Best Artwork (Pixar)- (I did have a Pixar artwork thread, but it seems to have been moved to the Archives and I can’t find it. I hope it’s still okay for me to submit this piece.)

Best Non-Pixar Artwork- Thread Link

Ah, what the heck? Worth a shot.

Best Avatar
Sure, why not? Maybe it being used as the example was a good sign. xD

Best Fanfic: ‘Umbrella’ Netbug's Story Puppies - #18 by Netbug009

Best Signature:

Best Artwork (Non Pixar)

For your consideration for:

Best Fan Fiction: The Garden

Best Video: WALL•E: Something Right

and heck, what can it hurt:

Best avatar:

Well…here’s my input:

Best Signature(s):

In terms of editing ,

^(currenty ‘worn’ by Pixar Planet founder, Dash :wink: )

Best Pixar Fan Art:

Straight from the Script.

Best Non Pixar Art:

(this is about 2 years old already, so you can assume I’ve gotten a bit better since then :wink:)

That’s about it on my end…my bad if it’s a lil long…:frowning:

:mrgreen:

Editted by TSS (- Only one submission of your work per category.)

Best Signature:

Best Avatar:

PIXAR-RELATED

Best FanFiction:

Mitch’s “Tails”

Best Artwork:

NON-PIXAR-RELATED

Best Non-Pixar Artwork:

– Mitch

I have absolutely no idea how to go about this … because I haven’t contributed much fanart or fanfiction lately. I’ve only been working on originals that won’t be seen until I can publish or learn how to protect them.

I’ll just submit my music video.

Best Video : “Head Over Feet” ~ Ratatouille

NON-PIXAR RELATED:

Best Non-Pixar Artwork:

Best avatar :

Well I dont think I can participate in voting, as I dont think I have a real opinion on every category. But I can certainly submit a few things for consideration:

Best Artwork: (it was tough to choose just one to show!)
I Know All Yer Tricks

Best non-pixar artwork: (again, hard to choose one!)
John 1963

For my complete gallery you can head to yamihoole.deviantart.com