The Recycled Love Contest

Too much garbage in your face? Why not enter it in a contest?

In honor of Pixar’s WALL•E, a contest is in order for the DVD release of 2008:

[size=167]“The Recycled Love Contest”[/size]

In the same manner WALL•E displayed his affection for EVE, construct WALL•E! Think like our lovestruck robot and search for potential scraps to use for making your masterpiece. As they say, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure.

The winner will receive a free copy of the upcoming 3-disc special edition WALL•E DVD!

! ! This contest is open only to members, but please note that the prize is a Region 1 DVD. So to be able to watch it, you must have a Region 1 DVD player.

DIRECTIVES:

• Your WALL•E must be 3-dimensional.
  • Do not use building materials such as LEGOs. Start from scratch.
  • Do not submit photos of any WALL•E papercraft model.
  • Do not use perishable food items.
  • Limit 1 entry per person.

To enter, send a photo of your WALL•E along with your name, address, email, and your Pixar Planet member name to me at PixarVixen@PixarPlanet.com.

! ! By entering this contest, you are giving Pixar Planet the right to publish your photo online.

DEADLINE:
November 14 at 6:00 PM ET

VOTING:
November 15 at 12:00 AM ET - November 18 at 12:00 AM ET

For the first time, members will be able to vote for their favorite entry.

When the contest ends, all of the entries will be posted by me. Participants will remain anonymous. Members must vote via PMs to me.

Please do not post your entry online if you finish it early, and please do not identify your entry when all of the entries have been posted.

The winner will be announced and I will ship their prize DVD sometime November 18.

Ahhhh, junk. That is all that love’s about!

This looks like fun. I’ve gotta think about what junk I can gather to build my very own Wall-E! The prize is the icing on the cake. Great idea, PV! Whadda rest of you think? :smiley:

That’s such a cool idea for a contest! Nice one, PV. I’m really looking forward to seeing the entries and, if I have the time, I might even build a WALL-E of my own.

Though, a quick question about the regions thing- can PS3s play DVDs of any region, or are they restricted to a certain region depending on what country they were bought in?

This sounds like a fun idea, I thought of a way I could make WALL-E out of trash but I won’t be making one because I’m unqualified.

At last! All those saved scraps have payed off! goes to plan

I already have the 3 disc pre-ordered, but I could totally give it as a gift to a friend of mine if I won. And if not, this will still be fun!

Good thing I didn’t throw out the recycling yet!

Oh, um, are we allowed to use tape and stuff like that?

Cool, another contest! I can’t wait to see the entries. Good luck to all who shall participate.

International entrants do not fear about the region of the DVD. Earlier in the year I was sent some US DVD’s and the majority of DVD player’s can be made multi-region with a code if they aren’t already. If you are unsure if yours is multi-region or can be made multi-regional, please PM me and I’ll be happy to help you find out.

Cool! What a great idea for a contest. I’ve been hoping we’d have more contests around here… =)

I’m not sure if I’ll enter, since I’ve got other creative projects on my plate, but I’ll think about it. I’m really looking forward to seeing the other entries though, and voting for the best one (yay for democracy!)

Yes yes. The use of tape and/or glue is permitted.

Hm, a creative contest, eh? I might give it a go. After all, it’ll be fun! I just hope I’ll have some spare time for this!

I, also, pre-ordered the set, Netbug! It would surely make a great gift for someone if we get a spare copy. :wink:

I’m pretty suere they’d be Region 2 for us, and the US is region 1. Your computor can play any region DVDs. I doubt a PS3 would be able to as US Dvds are in 30 frames a second, and a UK PS3 is only 25.

I will probably enter this after all since the Aussie dollar is absolutely pitiful on eBay, so any chance I can get to score a free copy of the US version of the DVD I can’t pass up. Plus it will be a fun, creative thing to participate in, win or lose.

Would it be ok to use paint or coloured paper?

I’d do this but I’m too much of a procrastinator to get it done. I’ll just create one huge mess for the dogs to swallow up and choke on.

I’ve gotta remember to bring this up with my brother though. I think he’ll like to go through with it.

Looks like fun! If I wasn’t so busy with school projects, I’d definitely enter something. Can’t wait to see all the entries!

So… would it be ok for me to use paint, markers or coloured paper, or not?

Because I want to get started on this within the next couple of days, and want to make sure I understand the “directive” before I start. Thanks.

You may use construction paper for decorating your WALL•E, just not as a substitute for parts.

The use of drawing utensils and/or paint is also permitted.

Cool. I’ll be interested to see what people come up with!

3 days left!

1 day left!

The contest will end tomorrow at 6:00 PM ET.

The Recycled Love Contest is now closed. Thanks to those who participated!

Voting will commence tomorrow at 12:00 AM ET…in other words, 1 hour to go.