A Safe and Friendly Environment

According to the rules of Pixar Planet,

Pixar Planet is a forum made by Pixar fans for Pixar Fans. We are all united under the love and obsession we have for Pixar and their productions. Pixar Planet is supposed to be a place where every Pixar fan (young/old, newbies/loyal members, big/small, etc) can call each other and be treated like family. Pixar Planet is supposed to be a place where discussions, ideas, fandoms, etc are welcomed with open arms, with no fear of being mocked or criticized. Pixar Planet is supposed to be an online sanctuary.

Personally, I wish for Pixar Planet to be like this, but recently, there has been issues between members that made many people feel uncomfortable, unwelcomed, and pretty much hurt. Hopefully, we will be able to move on from this temporary nightmare. But here are a few helpful tips for all of you to ensure security and safety on Pixar Planet.

1. When someone presents an idea, be open-minded. Think from their perspective. Don’t assume that he/she is wrong and your idea is right. Have friendly discussions on your ideas and beliefs. I am not saying you have to agree with everyone. How can there be a discussion if only one view is presented? But I want people to feel comfortable sharing their ideas. In addition, I want people to feel secure if their idea contradicts with another.

2. Be respectful to everyone. There is that golden rule, “Treat others the way you want to be treated.” If you want respect from someone, you have gotta earn it. Be kind and courteous to others. You don’t have to be the most talkative (or positive :wink: ) person on the forums, but be cool to them, and in turn, they’ll be chill with you. :sunglasses:

3. When someone asks you a question, be honest. Don’t lie your way out of it or avoid the question. If you feel uncomfortable answering it, just say so. No one is going to think any less of you just because you were being honest. But people will think negatively about you if you come across as ignorant.

4. Keep strong language to a minimum. Pixar Planet does not tolerate cussing, cursing, threats, etc. As stated in the rules, if you do cuss/curse/threat anyone or make a person feel unsafe/abused/hurt, Pixar Planet will take whatever action necessary to make it right.

5. If you are having problems with another member, tell them about it first. Let them know how you feel and what you want them to do. If that fails, immediately tell me or one of the mods/admins. We will deal with it. Don’t try solving the problem yourself if you know for a fact you are going to cause more problems for yourself.

6. We want everyone to feel welcomed at Pixar Planet. It doesn’t matter if you are American, European, Asian, African, Russian, Australian, or from outer space. It doesn’t matter if you are a Christian or an atheist, a conservative or a radical, a boy or a girl, a Incredibles Obsessor or a Ratatouille Fanatic. Accept the person for who they are and not what they are. Don’t be quick to judge.

Remember everyone, the mods and admins are doing our best to ensure that Pixar Planet is a safe and friendly environment, but with your help, not only do you make our jobs easier, you also help us in accomplishing our goal.

Thanks everyone. Take care.

TSS

Thank you. I think everyone needed a reminder.

Thanks for that. I learned without it being said but it helps to get the word out there again.

I hope people abide by this and make this forum a better place. :smiley:

Well said, TSS.

very good…always nice to read these before going over to the evolution/creation thread…yah!

Yup, always good to be reminded. Well put, and thanks for posting that, TSS.

you are totally welcome everyone.

What’s done is done. Looks like we’re all settled in and this ‘nightmare’ can pass away quickly, had it not passed already. So, unless someone has to say something again, I suggest we move on with our lives and forget that this has ever happened.