2 New Moderators

I am happy to announce the hiring of our 2 newest Pixar Planet moderators, Bill and The Star Swordsman! :mrgreen:

I trust they’ll be great helping hands, especially because they are spectacular members who are always around here. And I hope this makes the mods-to-members ratio a whole lot fairer.

Congrats for becoming part of the mod squad, guys! :sunglasses:

Congratulations, Bill and TSS! You two are so totally deserving of becoming moderators! You’re always around to help, and are real Pixar fans. :smiley:

And now, when some mods are away, the boards will still be under control as other mods are around. Perfect!

Thanks lizardgirl and PV. I shall do my best.

Good luck :wink:

Thank you WALL-E. I will admit, that I will need it. :open_mouth:

OK. I have been modertor/admin on many a (albeit small) forum. It’s not hard. One tome we had an all out massacre by this one trusted supermod, but luckily we had a backup. It’s about 200 members strong now.

Nah, you’ll do fine, TSS! You earned it. :wink:

Well, that is 200 members, me, Mitch, Bill, bawpcwpn, PV, Dash, and every member that I failed to mention have got like about 800 on here.

Well most members are orderly there.

True, I’ll manage some how. It might take me a while to get used to all the other options I have, but we will see.

I’m accoustomed to all boards. It’s genrally pretty simple. Start by creating a test tread and sticking it, deleting it, splitting it, merging it, etc. Go into the modcp and experiment!

this is odd i thought bill and TSS were already mods … yep ive gone crazy lol congrats!

Yeah, well I am sure you were not the only person who thought that… Thanks moonstarms.

What’s strange is that there are no moderators. There are only global mods. Ususally there are section specific mods aswell.

well you know when you have as many posts as you do… you have to be a mod :wink:

Congratulations, The Star Swordsman and Bill, you guys really deserve it. :wink:

Congrats guys…definitely deserved :wink:

But from the looks of this board steadily growing I could imagine a couple more “promotions” in the future…

:mrgreen:

Wow, guys, i hope you enjoy your new job! :laughing: Hopefully you’re as fun as Mitch is. :wink:

martini: I got your PM. Thanks a lot.
Pixfan: Thanks. But we’ll see. If it is too much for the mods, we might add a few more.
A113: Well, no guarentees, but I will try.

Thanks, everyone. I see this as an honor, and I was so flattered when PV first approached me. She said she thought I’d be a perfect addition to the moderating team, and that just really touched me. I’m sure TSS will be great at the job as well. I had a feeling that he’d be another member to get hired. Again, thanks, guys. I’ll certainly try my best with my new position. :smiley: :wink:

When I told my father the good news over the phone, we shared this exchange:

My father: “Are you getting paid?”

Me: “No, it’s a free job”

My father: “Well, it’s a start.”

In fact, I’ve gotten asked that question twice. Once from my dad and again from my ex-algebra teacher/tutor. My mother also wondered that as well. Heheheh.