Radio Pixar Wants You!

We’re looking for a few good men (and women) who are interested in becoming a part of the Radio Pixar team.

This is behind the scenes and you don’t have to be on the air, but we need people willing to help edit the segments and get them ready for the air waves.

The only requirement is having an audio editing program like Audacity (free to download), some free time to work in, and a little bit of creativity. Not required but a bonus would be Skype and the ability to record conference calls through the program.

All prospects should be diligent, hard-working, task oriented, able to keep to a due date schedule, and most importantly interested in having fun while they work!

All applicants should contact AJD08 by PM or e-mail.

Thank you all and we look forward to working with you!
Dash, AJD08, & The Radio Pixar Staff

fudgebuckets ! i don’t know how to do any of that stuff ! Ah well , it’s a good opportunity for people with more computer smarts ! :wink:

Actually GLp, it isn’t really that hard to learn/work with. After a couple days, you get used to it.

I want to do it, but I have two video projects coming up, so that will take up my time on the computer… Maybe next year. Good luck with your search, though! :sunglasses:

I’d be happy to do that but … my computer’s as slow as molasses. :stuck_out_tongue:

I used Audacity for a des tech project a while ago, but my experience in that sort of stuff is still very, very limited. I’m sure there’s someone much more suitable for the job! :laughing:

lizardgirl: I think you can be suitable for the job. All it is i just cutting, pasting, and edititing.

I’d love to do this! I’ve downloaded Audacity before, though, and I was confuzzled. I’d just have to be trained somehow…

I am guessing you are coming to the team right JF?

I would be terrible at this. Plus, it would take up too much of my time I think. Oh well, maybe when I get more experience.

It depends. What are the approximate number of hours I’ll need for free time?

Just wanted to tell lizardgirl and JesusFreak that experience is not required at all. When I was approached at RP’s inception I’d never even heard of Audacity (so you two are already incredibly well-suited to the post), yet I was still more than able to do what I needed to. The position isn’t so much about being able to use the technology as about having the time. Oh yes, and about having a computer that doesn’t freeze up on you when you try to transfer large files to someone else (i.e. AJD08), that would be the other reason I stepped down. :laughing:

So in short, don’t be intimidated. :wink:

Well, that’s a good thing. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll be working 8 hours a day sometime soon, but I’ll still have a lot of free time, so I guess I’m up for it! :smiley:

Yay! You will like it JF!

Nice stuff, JF! Well done for stepping up. :smiley:

Come on lizardgirl! You can step up too!

TSS- I’m worried about the time commitment, to be honest. Doing my A levels is going to be such a big thing for me, and I’ve no idea of how much the workload will be, so I’d hate to agree to doing this now and have to back out later.

Onya, JesusFreak! (Aussie saying)

*Looks up “Onya”…Ahhh, ok! Why thank you, Rachel! And you too, TSS and Lizardgirl! :smiley:

If only AJ would check his PM’s. :stuck_out_tongue: