Godzilla comes back to theaters 2012! Good or bad?

The teaser trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=aHusOcnj … r_embedded

An interview with Brian Rogers, where he explains details about the movie:

zennie2005.blogspot.com/2010/09/ … ndary.html

I don’t know about you guys, but iIm very excited, the American remake from the 90s was very bad, the monster was stupid, the characters were annoying and the CGI didn’t make it any better

Godzilla doesnt look like this:
4.bp.blogspot.com/__wMRPPFQ9R8/T … lla98b.jpg

Godzilla looks like THIS:
markvine.com/images/Godzilla/gfw1.jpg

I know many people here only know Godzilla from the horrible remake, but what do you think? Is this remake a good idea or not?

Hmmm, I’m slightly interested. I’ve never seen a Godzilla movie, so I think there needs to be a day when I finally see one!

If this movie does end up coming out, I’m hoping for some really good special effects. :-D) I know the original Godzilla is a rather old movie, but I remember the special effects being really bad. :confused:

Brian rogers said in an interview that the 3D is gonna be better than AVATAR so we can expect really good especial effects, i cant post the source, because i can only find the link in spanish.

PD: i have to post this twice, did the moderators deleted my first post? :confused:

I’ve been having that disappearing post issue a lot lately. I guess we should head to trouble shooting :unamused:

Anyway, I’m mildly interested.

While we are on the topic of Godzilla, have you guys ever heard of Bambi meets Godzilla?

Is a very old short in black and white, but its really funny

youtube.com/watch?v=ZpBkc2jK-6w

Recently it was remade into 4 new shorts

part 1
youtube.com/watch?v=u99n-F1Q … re=related
Part 2
youtube.com/watch?v=-Lces8YV … re=related
part 3, the most funny
youtube.com/watch?v=rMzDrv6T … re=related

And finally part 4 ,
youtube.com/watch?v=N6gj1AVB … re=related

Ah, yes I have! I love unexpected outcomes!

That short has made quite a cultural impact. In 1994, animation historian Jerry Beck consulted with 1,000 animation professionals and made a list of the “50 Greatest Cartoons of all Time”

Bambi Meets Godzilla was number 38 out of 50!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_50_Greatest_Cartoons

GODZILLA??? I LOVE GODZILLA! or at least as a kid… should be interesting…

Excuse me, are you talking about the american remake from the 90 s or the japanese films?

You know what, ellie-jessie-eve ,I believe the the reason the short is so famous is because it was something that was never done before in animation, i mean imagine a little kid watching this short, expecting a little godzilla to appear and start talking to bambi, and then BOOM bambi
gets stomped and the credits roll and bambi just stays there…dead .

THE END

Only Godzilla can stomp bambi and get away with it :laughing:

You know what would be cool? if they make a new version of this short so we can see it on the cinema when the movie comes out in 2012, that of course…if we re still alive :laughing:

Both!!! lol

In a comic con they give t shirts to the fans with the image of godzilla, so this is what Godzilla 2012 would look like

Freaking awesome! :smiley:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: THAT. IS. SO. AWESOME!!!

I don’t know… Godzilla wasn’t a masterpiece, and the Roland Emmerich version was AWFUL. Do we really need another version?

Well, look at it this way. I’ve never seen the movies, so I’m just spouting out emotions, but whatever.

Maybe this is your chance to enjoy a Godzilla film, TAMATER. Look at it positively, or at least subjectively.

Godzilla 1954 WAS a masterpiece at the level of King Kong and was the first movie that portrayed the monster as Human fault and not completely evil.

And I know the Roland Emmerich version is awful, the characters are lame as hell.

I really like the look of the 2012 Godzilla. The blue glowing spines are really cool.

Did you guys know that Godzila actually fought the american version of himself that was made by Roland emerich, thats right, The japanese godzilla and the american godzilla fought, guess who won…

youtube.com/watch?v=AUoHH4VNgJo

EPIC WIN!

^ Awesome!!! That video was very explosive. :smiley:

If you want to know my opinion: “Go Go, Godzilla!”

The king of monsters has return , and not only on cinema, aparently he will have a comic too

splashpage.mtv.com/2010/10/08/ny … -idw-toho/