Where The Wild Things Are (Teaser for Universal's version)

I need help finding something online (and, if any mods, think that this is taking up space on the forums, just let me know and you can tell me where to ask this question)!

Everybody probably knows about Warner Bros.'s Where The Wild Things Are by now (and if you haven’t, go check it out, it’s a really good movie). However, Disney & Universal were the two original studios that had the rights to the film.

Disney’s version of the film was going to be more family-friendly, and was going to blend traditionally-animated characters with CGI backgrounds & objects. Glen Keane and John Lasseter actually animated a test video to see how it would look (see link below the paragraph), but the idea didn’t get anywhere.

[url]Where The Wild Things Are - Early DISNEY CG Animation Test - YouTube

The rights eventually went to Universal Studios and the movie was changed to be live-action & directed by Spike Jonze (similar to the final product). Before Jonze decided to transfer the rights to Warner Bros., due to the dark idea of the story, Universal actually released a teaser trailer in front of the live-action Grinch movie in 2000.

I’ve been trying to find out what it looks like, whether it’s a description or a clip of it. I didn’t see the film in theatres (Jim Carrey as the Grinch is kinda creepy :open_mouth: ), and I can’t find the darn trailer online (even in a bootleg format)!

Does anybody know where I can view it, and, if not, could somebody give me a description of what it looks like? I don’t really care whether it’s very detailed or not, I just need to know what it looks like! :angry:

I’m not sure about this, but I think it was a very simple teaser. It was basically just the logo. I remember reading that somewhere, but I’m not too sure. There’s no way to view it anywhere.

Seems to me it was on the Grinch video. When I watched the film at home many years ago, I vaguely remember seeing it. So your best bet would be trying to rent the video. I’m not entirely sure if it’s there, but there’s a good chance it is.

I love the book, and the live action film was done very well. It was an emotional, visually interesting piece of filmmaking. That close up of Carol’s face was simply heartbreaking. A very good film.