The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

So yeah, sinceit’s heath Ledger’s last film and it’s coming outsometime near the end of December I figured I might as well make a thread for it.

Trailer:
[url]- YouTube

MOST DEFINATELY WANT TO SEE! :smiley: It looks billant, plus it has some of my favorite actors in it (Heath Ledger, Colin Farell, Johnny Depp, CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER exc.) I’d go see the movie for the visuals alone, as it looks stunning.

I heard it’s out in Britain already. Has anybody across the pond seen it yet?

I went to see it last week, and while i don’t want to dampen any excitement for the movie that anyone might have. I found it to be a torturous two hour spectacle of self indulgence.

I suppose it can be applauded for some of its imagination throughout the movie, but for me it just really didn’t click which was a shame. I’m actually quite a fan of Terry Gilliam, too. I love Brazil and Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas is perhaps one of my favourite movies (Also favourite books)

But personally I just struggled to find any redeeming features in the movie, it’s probably the worst thing i’ve seen this year. With the exception of Watchmen.

But don’t let me dissuade you, always make up your own mind. If you want to see the movie, I say go and see it!

I was going to see it this evening, but had to cancel in the end, though I still fancy seeing it at some point. It does look very strange, but that’s part of the appeal. I’m not going to see it just because it’s Heath Ledger’s last film, though. I mean, he was a great actor but I can’t afford to see films entirely based on the fact that a certain actor is in it for a bit (unless that actor happens to be Steve Buscemi. :laughing:) In this case, The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus has enough other intriguing stuff for me to want to see it anyway.

I’ve already started a thread related to this film:

pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5391

Locking up.